Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quantum Sequencer polyrhythmic iPhone live jam (w/ Mersenne, Zeeon, Elastic Drums, Dedalus, etc.)

Live jam using Quantum MIDI Step Sequencer on an iPhone 6s. I started this on the iPhone and wanted to keep it there; yes the buttons are ridiculously tiny, but it's still fun!

I was planning on redoing this as switching the tempo division didn't go as smoothly as I was hoping (even with Cycle mode on). Subsequently realized I should have just made alternate sequence versions with the tempo changes and that I should have had Ableton Link Phase sync set for these other sequences. But I've been too busy to redo this, so here it is....

Quantum is driving iceGear's Mersenne and Beepstreet's Zeeon. Also featuring Elastic Drums, Dedalus, frekvens, Replicant 2, RoughRider 2, AUM and Audiobus 2.

Comments

• Love what you have going on there! Personally it would drive me nuts to even attempt that on an iPhone and I’ve got the 7+.
    Keep up the good work you have going on there, I certainly enjoyed it.

I need to get back to Quantum, too many new apps were released after @midiSequencer provided us with a gem of an app, and I am embarrassed to say that I got distracted by the new goodies. Definitely love Quantum, all the new improvements he has added as well, and I have only scratched the surface of what I am trying to learn about it and what it is capable of letting us create!

Enough about me, again @aplourde you have a nice project to listen to, quite enjoyed it, in fact going to watch/listen to it again.
    Thanx for sharing with us

• very lovely, thanks

• Really good stuff. Really love the deley/syncopated stuff at around 6:30. You get all the bonus points for pulling it off on that tiny screen!

• lovely
    think you must have very pointy fingers tho :smiley:

• great job @aplourde ! Like how you're using the mixer well to bring in the melodies.
    One day I'll add a zoom (like midiSequencer).

• Thanks all.

While the iPad is the main tool, this started on the iPhone and I wanted to keep it there. Partially to help validate those who keep clamoring for Universal apps! While I fully respect the additional effort for minimal return that devs need to invest to make a Universal app, the claim that phone displays are too small rings hollow when something as ridiculously complex as Quantum can be played live on one.

As photographers are wont to say, "the best camera is the one you have with you." Having the idea of a track built up from a sequence of 1 note, a second sequence of 2 notes, a third with 3, etc**. occurred while I was out-and-about. Being able to actually mock up the idea on my phone is truly amazing.

@J_B1GS Quantum is deep, I'm only scratching the surface myself, but it's a lot of fun to play with.

@midiSequencer Thanks for making Quantum (and for making it Universal)!

** yes, I know I'm cheating a bit with "humanized" steps that play different notes, but rhythmically, the idea still stands!

• Solid track. I;m inspired to learn Quantum now. Can Quantum have "CV"-style tracks sending midi CC to Zeeon parameters to get timbre changes?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Solid track. I;m inspired to learn Quantum now. Can Quantum have "CV"-style tracks sending midi CC to Zeeon parameters to get timbre changes?

Thanks!

Yes, you can set up to 16 CCs per rack/sequence. There's a global list of 16 that allows multiple racks to share the same set of parameters, or you can assign 16 unique ones per rack.

Obviously, this is a step sequencer so you don't get smooth changes (of course, there's probably a slew parameter that I don't know about. This app is deep ; )

• Sounds very playful

• @aplourde said:
    Obviously, this is a step sequencer so you don't get smooth changes (of course, there's probably a slew parameter that I don't know about. This app is deep ; )

Ha! There's no slew in Quantum but I 100% get the feeling of saying "X isn't available in Quantum... or maybe there is an I just haven't unearthed it".

Actually, I should say, I'm fairly certain there's no slew yet. :)

• @syrupcore said:

@aplourde said:

Ha! There's no slew in Quantum but I 100% get the feeling of saying "X isn't available in Quantum... or maybe there is an I just haven't unearthed it".

Actually, I should say, I'm fairly certain there's no slew yet. :)

indeed its just midi so discrete values 0..127 or (0..16k)