Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I decided to never buy a hardware synth again, 2 minutes ago I changed my mind!

edited January 2018 in Other

https://blipblox.com

Layout design by Axel Hartmann!!!

MIDI input for an external keyboard or sequencer controller.
Eight unique oscillator modulation schemes.
One Low Pass Filter.
Two Envelope Generators.
Two LFOs.
3-in/3-out modulation matrix.
Performance Mode optimizes device display for music production.
Audio Output jack.

$159

Comments

• It seems to have a strong Fisher Price design influence.
    I heard a demo a few days ago, and it sounds good.

• edited January 2018

If my funds were unlimited I would get a Quantum as well, i just can't imagine not having fun using this thing!

The most surprising thing for me was Axel Hartmann designed the layouts for both of these synths. The price is another nice surprise and it has more LFOS than the Korg Prologue :)

• Now I want a kid :(

• @AudioGus said:
    Now I want a kid :(

I feel younger just looking at the thing!

• I love the idea of some artist taking to the stage at a major festival with huge screens and setting this thing down on the table!

• edited January 2018

That's an advanced "toy"

"Professional features.
    MIDI input for an external keyboard or sequencer controller.
    Eight unique oscillator modulation schemes.
    One Low Pass Filter.
    Two Envelope Generators.
    Two LFOs.
    3-in/3-out modulation matrix.
    Performance Mode optimizes device display for music production.
    Audio Output jack."

• So kids get a crazy toy with a mind of its own and adults get a Yamaha porta sound level synth module with pretty cool sound and sound shaping possibilities. I'm still confused at what I could possibly do with this thing.

• For the big kid in us all - especially when we reach second childhood, which can be permanent, but doesn't this mean, our toddlers get our toys. :o

• @supadom said:
    I'm still confused at what I could possibly do with this thing.

Many people seem to enjoy the Novation circuit for the confusion, i.e. they have no idea what an encoder will be controlling. This is crazy looking but there's a signal path on there and one could learn to navigate it fairly quickly.

I'm looking forward to the summer!

• @supadom said:

Then you are the one who needs this THE MOST. If you’ve lost your sense of play then you absolutely must find it. Don’t procrastinate. Don’t buy excuses. This is serious, and much of your future depends on it.

:)

Seriously this thing is fantastic.

• I think you share my enthusiasm on this one @brice!

I'm tempted to pre-order but often the shops will have them first. Maybe buying 2 is the answer :)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@supadom said:

Many people seem to enjoy the Novation circuit for the confusion, i.e. they have no idea what an encoder will be controlling. This is crazy looking but there's a signal path on there and one could learn to navigate it fairly quickly.

That's a common misconception with Circuit. It is certainly true with stock sounds but you can actually program them the way you want.

• I would rather be operating those red levers @supadom!

• That's just awesome .. I may have to get my 10 year old daughter one ...

I have nearly every decent software synth PC/Mac/iOS but not a single hardware synth ...very tempted by the $300 Behringer Model D though. I so want to get into hardware but don't want to break the bank, so also been looking into DIY arduino based modular.

• I cannot believe that i listend 3 minutes to the "studio sesssion" youtube video, waiting for some interesting sounds or such.

Sounds: Not my thing. Absolutely not. Lots of annoying noise, i wouldnt even pay 20 Dollar for this thing.

• I feel sorry for the kids whose synth obsessed parent jacks their Blipbox using the justification their kid isn’t doing it right, so they need to show them. To those parents, get your own damn Blipbox and let your kid play with it as they choose.

Fortunately I don’t have kids to cloud my judgment on this issue, though I did have an overbearing parent who didn’t allow me to learn my instrument of choice because it was too loud (drums) yet had me learn the trumpet (another loud one) although after a year or two of playing he sent me to the orthodontist for braces which nipped the trumpet playing in the bud. The overbearing one has had a baby grand piano for almost 40 years which nobody in their household has learned to play, it functions as a giant coffee table for the mail and to display family pictures.

• edited January 2018

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I would rather be operating those red levers @supadom!

Believe me, I dig the sound more than I dig the sound of my circuit but the form factor and the leds kind of kill it for me.

The levers do look cool!

• edited January 2018

This one makes me think about BeBot, it's not doing anything that many other apps can't do but I find it hard not to smile when using it..

Definitely won't be everyones cup of tea but it's refreshing to see this in among the sleek, expensive and mostly predictable stuff at NAMM

• edited January 2018

I'm not having a go at the circuit in any way @supadom
    Recently I saw somebody busking with one and both him and the people watching were enjoying the show

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I so want to get into hardware but don't want to break the bank, so also been looking into DIY arduino based modular.

The Bass Station II can be found for really low prices if you don't mind buying secondhand.
    Makes a great midi controller too, nice keybed with aftertouch, audio input and a high resolution filter knob (actually 2 different filters) for dialling in precise amounts.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I'm not having a go at the circuit in any way @supadom
    Recently I saw somebody busking with one and both him and the people watching were enjoying the show

No worries, I almost sold mine last week because I find the sound rather painful, quite remanescent to 80’s wavetable synths I’m not a fan of. Circuit bent 8bit stuff? Anytime!

• If anyone does want that 8bit sound just look at charity shops for kids toys, that make sound, pick up a jack plug, bypass the internal speaker, research the chipset on the web, if you wish, hook it up, stick a brickwall inline, then have fun.

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    I cannot believe that i listend 3 minutes to the "studio sesssion" youtube video, waiting for some interesting sounds or such.

Sounds: Not my thing. Absolutely not. Lots of annoying noise, i wouldnt even pay 20 Dollar for this thing.

You tryin’ to piss on my Sunday dreams or what! B)

I think it’s the visual / nostalgia / interaction with something far different that makes this thing look fun. Not the sound. But “not my thing” is prone to leading to “whoa, I think I have a new thing....?!” Just sayin.

• @knewspeak said:
    If anyone does want that 8bit sound just look at charity shops for kids toys, that make sound, pick up a jack plug, bypass the internal speaker, research the chipset on the web, if you wish, hook it up, stick a brickwall inline, then have fun.

SoundScaper is another option for circuit bending fun, I think the developer is the only person to fully understand what's going on in there but randomly hacking that sound chip can give some interesting results.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@knewspeak said:
    If anyone does want that 8bit sound just look at charity shops for kids toys, that make sound, pick up a jack plug, bypass the internal speaker, research the chipset on the web, if you wish, hook it up, stick a brickwall inline, then have fun.

SoundScaper is another option for circuit bending fun, I think the developer is the only person to fully understand what's going on in there but randomly hacking that sound chip can give some interesting results.

Yes :D using toys can be pretty much the same.

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    That's just awesome .. I may have to get my 10 year old daughter one ...

I have nearly every decent software synth PC/Mac/iOS but not a single hardware synth ...very tempted by the $300 Behringer Model D though. I so want to get into hardware but don't want to break the bank, so also been looking into DIY arduino based modular.

I'm holding out for the Behringer Neutron--a semi-modular for under $300.

• edited January 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    That's just awesome .. I may have to get my 10 year old daughter one ...

I'm holding out for the Behringer Neutron--a semi-modular for under $300.

Sounds incredible from what little I just now heard. I'm now tempted to get both ;) .. Looks like they're planning release for April ., though I'd reasonably expect it by no later than end of the year ..
    Exciting times when such powerful hardware is available at an accessible price-range.

Seems like the Model D clone is exceeding expectations via the reviews I've seen so far.
    "Synthpro" did a tear-down & it looks like quality parts and layout, so I'd expect nothing less
    from the Neutron.

p.s.
    Thanks for the tip.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I so want to get into hardware but don't want to break the bank, so also been looking into DIY arduino based modular.

The Bass Station II can be found for really low prices if you don't mind buying secondhand.
    Makes a great midi controller too, nice keybed with aftertouch, audio input and a high resolution filter knob (actually 2 different filters) for dialling in precise amounts.

Nice., I hadn't really looked at many KB synths, mostly desktop. The Novation looks like a great option, I just wish it came in a desktop version. I just picked up a Komplete Kontrol s61 this month, so in addition to my Arturia keystep and Yamaha P60 , I'm starting to run out of room for more KB controllers. :(

• I would love a 4 voice 61 keys version @AnimalHeadSpirit

Probably the reason why they haven't done a version 3, people will always want different things :)