Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What music apps still don't work with iOS 7.0.3?

It seems that most of the new music creation apps being released are iOS 7 only. Now that the dust seems to finally be settling, I'd like to have a better picture of what I'm likely to lose if I take the plunge and install iOS 7 on my iPad 2 in order to have access to the new apps. So, what apps are definitely still broken by iOS 7.0.3?

I'll start with what I know and add your contributions to the list.

JACK Audio Connector - No great loss. Without a DAW, it was never going to get used. Apparently, the dev doesn't intend to fix it unless Apple change their decision to block Inter-Process Communication, so that's that for JACK. http://www.crudebyte.com/jack-ios/ios7/
Stochastik - Doesn't start.
D.pad - Doesn't work.
N-track - Crashes all the time.
EGDR808 Full version - Crashes in Audiobus.
Neo Soul Keys - Crashes when loaded from Audiobus.
SampleTank - Not playing nice with Audiobus and IAA (distortion, crashes). On the plus side, the popup ads still work ok. :P

3rd party CCKs - Numerous non Apple-approved connectors that were working fine up to and including iOS 6.1.3 are not working with iOS 7. I've heard this may be limited to lightning connector versions only. Any feedback?

Over to you guys...

Comments

• Symphonix Evolution is awaiting an update

• Not such an issue if the devs are still bug fixing and updating the app...

• Still on iOS 6/iPad 3 here awaiting Sebastian's blessing to upgrade :-) .

Though I'm not a big fan of the dizzying/Barbie Doll aspects of iOS 7, IAA does seem to entice me from time to time. I will hold off though until more issues are ironed out.

Hopefully more info will follow here and Apple/App Devs will soon get us on the right track.

• Geo Synthesizer doesnt work with AudioBus and 7.0.3

• edited November 2013

The main thing keeping me from updating the mini is that I'd be losing my jailbreak with all the nice tweaks I have in place for a custom grid layout and also iFile... The iPhone 5 is great on iOS 7. I installed it on there immediately when I heard it would enable using the CCK.

• @thepinkelefant Have you tried putting an app in the effects slot before loading Geo?

• EGDR808 on ipad crashes on start up after last update

• @enc Full or free version?

• edited November 2013

I've found a workaround for EGDR808 is to start it from AudioBus, i.e. make sure all apps are closed -> Start Audiobus -> EGDR808 in input, set up your output, then start EGDR808 from Audiobus. Fixes the crash on open. Works on iOS 6 and 7. OK on iPad 4, iPhone 5 & 5s but distorted output on iPad Mini, iPad2 and iPhone 4s.
    I've only tried it with speaker as output. I think the app is running out of RAM and/or has bugs. Running other apps causes startup crash even with above sequence.

• edited November 2013

no crashes with EGDR808 here (ipad4,iOS 7.03)
    Did not test it with audiobus though...

• Thor....can someone else check.looks like it needs an app in the effects slot to record audio into cubasis.

• @paul b. Full version , ipad 4.

@ bob I was getting distortion but only on kick drum. Reinstalled twice which cured that issue but still crashing on start up in audio bus.

• Doh!!!! Getting distortion with egdr 808 again.

• Neo-Soul keys comes up in the Audiobus input list but can't connect into Auria. I sent them a letter..

• @NoiseHorse Does it work with any other recording app in the output slot?
    What happens if you put an app in the effects slot?

• I get nothing with effects in the middle (aux space, echo pad, turnado) and various outputs (MTD, Ntrack, speaker out, Loopy). I just got a note back from the developer saying they have an update in review right now... It basically is selectable as an input but can't lock in to connect to anything, keeps kicking out.

• Ok, I'll add it to the list. Let me know if the update fixes it, I won't be upgrading to iOS 7 if Neo Soul Keys doesn't work with AB.

• Hi. Sorry, can anyone check if Jasuto Pro and RicePad work on 7?

• That's my problem. I don't know anything for sure, since I haven't upgraded from 6.1.3. Once I do, it'll be too late...

• Apogee Jam works same as it ever was! Still awesome!

• edited March 2014