Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias2

I'm hearing a lot about Bias2 but all I have seen is that is for just Bias Desktop....has anyone heard anything on Bias2 for ipad?

Comments

• I see it coming...probably sooner than later. No reason not to.

• edited February 2018

It doesn't seem any more advanced than bias 1 just added new cabinets. I saw the demos and did not see any real upgrades.

I have to say that other than tonestack (best all around in my opinion for fx) I really like the fender 2 collection on amplitube. Totally different then their other stuff. New algorithm and it sounds way better than bias to my ears.

Also I dont need to simulate the back of my amp being open or two mics on the same amp. Hahaha! That's just rediculous and doesn't make sense in a virtual setting. You mic a real amp with multiple mics to get a broader range not to muddy the sound down twice. Too many options and it doesn't matter to me. Its gimmicky

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    It doesn't seem any more advanced than bias 1 just added new cabinets. I saw the demos and did not see any real upgrades.

I have to say that other than tonestack (best all around in my opinion for fx) I really like the fender 2 collection on amplitube. Totally different then their other stuff. New algorithm and it sounds way better than bias to my ears.

Also I dont need to simulate the back of my amp being open or two mics on the same amp. Hahaha! That's just rediculous and doesn't make sense in a virtual setting. You mic a real amp with multiple mics to get a broader range not to muddy the sound down twice. Too many options and it doesn't matter to me. Its gimmicky

I have no intention of getting bias 2, but have you used the multiple mic option in amplitube? I really like what it does to the tone and the selection of mics give some great options together. That's the thing that really sold me on amplitube.

• I'd say it will come eventually too. I don't think I will buy it though.

I'm content with Bias and Bias FX, ocasionally Bias Pedal. Nothing else on ios can touch the ease of tone creation and tone I can get with it. Ampone comes close, and Tonebridge is pretty awesome for dialing in a quick sound-a-like tone.

• edited February 2018

@mrufino1 said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

I have no intention of getting bias 2, but have you used the multiple mic option in amplitube? I really like what it does to the tone and the selection of mics give some great options together. That's the thing that really sold me on amplitube.

I hear you @mrufino1. You have a point about the mics but I'm just saying at a certain point simulating things like open back amps is just silly. I feel like it's unnecessary and gimmicky. I already feel lost in options and I really just want to get the sound I'm looking for quick and focus on playing. Not dial in a million obsessive compulsive details that don't really make a difference to the music in the end. I think maybe bias caters to that gear oriented crowd more and I'm more of a performer than a gearhead.

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

I hear you @mrufino1. You have a point about the mics but I'm just saying at a certain point simulating things like open back amps is just silly. I feel like it's unnecessary and gimmicky. I already feel lost in options and I really just want to get the sound I'm looking for quick and focus on playing. Not dial in a million obsessive compulsive details that don't really make a difference to the music in the end. I think maybe bias caters to that gear oriented crowd more and I'm more of a performer than a gearhead.

Agreed there. I'm a bassist so that stuff makes even less difference. I've also had it with the company that makes bias and will not be utilizing their products.

• Positive grid and IK the are big companies and their support sucks. You'll never speak to a developer or programmer. Just some tech support guy who parrots whatever the website faq says. Its like calling comcast

• I don't think either one is actually a very big company personnel wise. Back when pg was pretty new, I think jamup was all they had, I had very good interactions with support. @DerekBuddemeyer was semi official (or official, can't remember) support at the time and was really interactive and helpful, and Calvin took care of an issue I had right away and went above and beyond. Once they started doing so many things at once (and let Derek go) that was when things took a left turn and they have too many directions with too many half complete ideas.

Anyway, I didn't mean to drudge up old crap (sorry Derek!), but some crazy idea made me buy x drummer when it was on sale and it is so bad that I'll never use it, at least not to give the impression that a drummer played on a track. I knew it was like that and bought it anyway, why? I don't know. But at least it was only a $10 reminder.

• Our support team can assist and resolve most problems without the need to take a developer off of their development work in most cases. When necessary, issues are entered into a bug tracking system and the developers get involved, much like any other company I've worked for or dealt with in the past that does serious development.

• edited February 2018

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. I just dont feel catered to as a musician and I feel like I'm offered all these options that make no real difference instead of something usable. Could be my own paranoia tho and people are just making something they're interested in and its just not useful to me.

• @High5denied said:
    I'd say it will come eventually too. I don't think I will buy it though.

I'm content with Bias and Bias FX, ocasionally Bias Pedal. Nothing else on ios can touch the ease of tone creation and tone I can get with it. Ampone comes close, and Tonebridge is pretty awesome for dialing in a quick sound-a-like tone.

Yes Bias FX is more than enough for me at the moment. Plus there is Tonecloud which is awesome. There's a patch on Tonecloud that emulates Gilmour's sound which i can't get enough of, sounds amazing.

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    can I place the mic behind the amp with any of these?
    this is pretty common to do in dub.

I haven’t seen that option in any of the above-mentioned apps. Haven’t seen it in any of the ones not mentioned either (AmpKit, JamUp Pro, Flying Haggis, Overloud, GarageBand).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@supanorton said:

@Max23 said:
    can I place the mic behind the amp with any of these?
    this is pretty common to do in dub.

I haven’t seen that option in any of the above-mentioned apps. Haven’t seen it in any of the ones not mentioned either (AmpKit, JamUp Pro, Flying Haggis, Overloud, GarageBand).

to bad. thats how to get these warm dub basses.
    I know it using things all "wrong" but wrong in music sometimes is exactly right.

I wonder if you could do this with Fiddlicator? I don’t know much about it, but if you could make an IR sample with that mic setup it could possibly work. I assume it uses custom IR Files?

• Not wrong at all- one concept that opens things up is thinking about micing the air that the sound exists in or travels through, not just micing the source. I move around a lot listening so I mic a spot that sounds like what I want, no matter how it looks in relation to the source.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A complete dub effects suite would be wicked. I know we have bits and bobs and dub has always been experimental but a whole suite geared just to dub would be really fun.