Let him code, PLEASE!

This is meant as a bit of a reminder that since @Sebastian quit audiobus @Michael is the only mod on this forum. He's doing a great job but maybe it's not quite right to have him handle all this stuff that has very little to do with the original purpose of this forum, which must have been discussions about audiobus mainly. While it's great to have this place and this community to discuss all sorts of things I think it looks like it actually keeps @Michael very busy with moderation of the forum instead of doing his main job, which is writing code for audiobus and loopy. As most people know he's raising a child as well etc... So maybe we should all remember the original purpose of the forum and spare poor @Michael from all these unnecessary mega discussions, flame wars and unrelated irrelevant things. Maybe also use Intua's forums or Kymatika's or Auria's forums or whatever the discussion is about if it's about BM, AUM or Auria? I think it would be a good idea to try and self moderate a little more and ask ourselves if it's really necessary to create a new thread about something or if it's really worth posting something. This place has gotten so flooded with stuff lately it must be quite a chore for the only mod in charge. And I do want my Loopy Pro 3 Masterpiece Edition to arrive ASAP :blush: so let's let him finish it without unnecessary distractions.

Comments

  • 28 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Hear hear! Cheers. :)

  • Kind of you to say, @Munibeast! I absolutely don't mind non-AB-related topics, though - I love how vibrant this community is!

    I don't love having to step in to solve the odd squabble, but I think the moratorium on politics has mitigated that somewhat ;-)

  • Bumping +1000

  • I think we need a Forum Appreciation Day. It is January 26th of course. In America. Not in Australia, where when it was January 26th it was also Australia Day, which would be, you know, relevantly respectful thinking of our roots, unless, of course, Australia Day is well known for pompous badness and all round suckfestivities because that wouldn't be the brand I originally started out for before I got off track. But still. FAD.

  • Nice! Although actually, now you mention it, there is quite a lot of pompous badness/suckfestivities associated with Australia Day.. D'oh! =D

  • @Michael said:
    Nice! Although actually, now you mention it, there is quite a lot of pompous badness/suckfestivities associated with Australia Day.. D'oh! =D

    Indeed, otherwise known as "Invasion Day" by some. There is much talk to get the date moved out of respect for the indigenous people.

    Having said that it would be appropriate for the AB forum given the indigenous application gets relatively little attention. ;)

  • And "Survival Day" by others - it's all a bit ick!

    Having said that it would be appropriate for the AB forum given the indigenous application gets relatively little attention. ;)

    Haha, now I feel bad

  • @Michael said:
    And "Survival Day" by others - it's all a bit ick!

    Having said that it would be appropriate for the AB forum given the indigenous application gets relatively little attention. ;)

    Haha, now I feel bad

    "And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell not: for it was founded on a rock." (Matthew 7:25)

  • @Michael said:
    Kind of you to say, @Munibeast! I absolutely don't mind non-AB-related topics, though - I love how vibrant this community is!

    I don't love having to step in to solve the odd squabble, but I think the moratorium on politics has mitigated that somewhat ;-)

    I love how the main function of the Audiobus app is reflected in real life by the Audiobus forum. The app coonects the other music apps together. The forum connects the musicians together, and also connects the developers of the other apps and their users. :)

  • It's ironic, I find, that a call not to disturb the mod, Micheal, does exactly that, also for no political discussion and in only a few few posts does that also. Tippy Toes. ;)

  • @knewspeak said:
    It's ironic, I find, that a call not to disturb the mod, Micheal, does exactly that, also for no political discussion and in only a few few posts does that also. Tippy Toes. ;)

    Might do but fills up with positive vibes to fill the vacuum created by the forum happenings of yesterday.

  • @supadom said:

    @knewspeak said:
    It's ironic, I find, that a call not to disturb the mod, Micheal, does exactly that, also for no political discussion and in only a few few posts does that also. Tippy Toes. ;)

    Might do but fills up with positive vibes to fill the vacuum created by the forum happenings of yesterday.

    Opposites can and do attract.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @supadom said:

    @knewspeak said:
    It's ironic, I find, that a call not to disturb the mod, Micheal, does exactly that, also for no political discussion and in only a few few posts does that also. Tippy Toes. ;)

    Might do but fills up with positive vibes to fill the vacuum created by the forum happenings of yesterday.

    Opposites can and do attract.

    Possibly the only good thing of that thread is that we got to know each other better so we know how (not) to react to bait comments.

  • @supadom said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @supadom said:

    @knewspeak said:
    It's ironic, I find, that a call not to disturb the mod, Micheal, does exactly that, also for no political discussion and in only a few few posts does that also. Tippy Toes. ;)

    Might do but fills up with positive vibes to fill the vacuum created by the forum happenings of yesterday.

    Opposites can and do attract.

    Possibly the only good thing of that thread is that we got to know each other better so we know how (not) to react to bait comments.

    True.

  • encenc
    edited January 27 Vote Up0

    other forums have trusted volunteer members as mods .. maybe that could be implemented here :)

    this forum had to and has evolved from its original purpose... and for thst reason its a very busy place B)

    nothing worse that a forum with lots of members but only a few regular posters... im a member of such a forum and its frickin dull :/

  • agree wholeheartedly!

    @CracklePot said:
    I love how the main function of the Audiobus app is reflected in real life by the Audiobus forum. The app coonects the other music apps together. The forum connects the musicians together, and also connects the developers of the other apps and their users. :)

  • @kingvidorfan said:
    agree wholeheartedly!

    @CracklePot said:
    I love how the main function of the Audiobus app is reflected in real life by the Audiobus forum. The app coonects the other music apps together. The forum connects the musicians together, and also connects the developers of the other apps and their users. :)

    Very true indeed! It’s great how it expanded into this great vibrant community. I just hope people can keep in the back of the head that it’s really only Michael who has to skim through all of this stuff and maintain the forum, so it would be nice if people could spare him from having to jump in all too much and just keep things friendly and respectful and not too far off topic.

  • @CracklePot said:

    @Michael said:
    Kind of you to say, @Munibeast! I absolutely don't mind non-AB-related topics, though - I love how vibrant this community is!

    I don't love having to step in to solve the odd squabble, but I think the moratorium on politics has mitigated that somewhat ;-)

    I love how the main function of the Audiobus app is reflected in real life by the Audiobus forum. The app coonects the other music apps together. The forum connects the musicians together, and also connects the developers of the other apps and their users. :)

    ... and of course bugs make everyone's life miserable

  • @enc said:
    other forums have trusted volunteer members as mods .. maybe that could be implemented here :)

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

  • I always thought @syrupcore was moderator.

  • Or maybe stop being so “flag happy.” I have never flagged a comment, I just move along...

  • @CracklePot said:
    Or maybe stop being so “flag happy.” I have never flagged a comment, I just move along...

    Whatd'yaknow maybe reading flagged comments is His wind down time after a hard day's work? I'd love to have a read myself, must be hilarious with bunch of in house comedians we find ourselves surrounded by :)

  • @knewspeak said:
    I always thought @syrupcore was moderator.

    I think there are a few folks with access to some of the magic buttons but as much to do simple housekeeping when possible (How about that Chinese spiced ham?)...self-policing is def. the way to go.

  • edited January 27 Vote Up0

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @knewspeak said:
    I always thought @syrupcore was moderator.

    I think there are a few folks with access to some of the magic buttons but as much to do simple housekeeping when possible (How about that Chinese spiced ham?)...self-policing is def. the way to go.

    The last Chinese invasion was pretty intense, this forum seems like a strange place to target!

  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @knewspeak said:
    I always thought @syrupcore was moderator.

    I think there are a few folks with access to some of the magic buttons but as much to do simple housekeeping when possible (How about that Chinese spiced ham?)...self-policing is def. the way to go.

    The last Chinese invasion was pretty intense, this forum seems like a strange place to target!

    Intense it was, but not as prolonged as the movers and packers.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @BlueGreenSpiral said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @knewspeak said:
    I always thought @syrupcore was moderator.

    I think there are a few folks with access to some of the magic buttons but as much to do simple housekeeping when possible (How about that Chinese spiced ham?)...self-policing is def. the way to go.

    The last Chinese invasion was pretty intense, this forum seems like a strange place to target!

    Intense it was, but not as prolonged as the movers and packers.

    Variable power supply anyone?

  • edited January 27 Vote Up0

    Luckily that thread is locked down, I can imagine pitchfork manufacturers were preparing to show up offering group discounts if it had continued!

  • @knewspeak said:
    I always thought @syrupcore was moderator.

    Ha ha. That would be awesome. But i suspect he’s a very busy man.

    @Michael I agree that we should all endeavour to keep your ‘sorting out the kids from arguing’ overhead to a minimum.

Sign In or Register to comment.