Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s ya’lls sample collection workflow?

My ideal scenario of course would be swiping up on my iPhone and hitting a red button and then play in whatever I’m listening to and when I hit stop it goes right into a folder in audioshare/icloud drive.

Which, by the way, awesomely, you can basically do with your Mac by plugging your iPhone in and opening QuickTime player record (input iPhone). Very nice feature but I never use it because it’s not mobile.

I listen on Spotify mostly but I assume people use YouTube?

But I understand that you can:
Find a Spotify track on Amplifind—Audiobus—Save in audioshare

Preferably I’d like to save clips that can be trimmed easily in audioshare or any sampling app rather than rip whole songs for later and clip them.

But it’s all about speed. I find loops then forget them all the time because it’s not fast enough to save them for later. I make a note if I can but those are fragmented between Spotify playlists, notes app written notes, and YouTube playlists.

What do y’all guys do (all in iOS)?

Comments