Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy subscription model?

So....... I adore Auxy. It’s one of a kind and it’s seceptively deep. I’ve made some amazing stuff with it. It’s simple but the automation makes it great!!

So I open it today to find that now they have this subscription model where it $4.99/month to access sounds.
Not sure if I’m reading this correctly but do you have to pay the subscription price to import samples too?

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I already have enough subscriptions. Netflix, iCloud, splice, etc. This stuff is beginning to add up.

I’m not a fan of the Auxy subscription. It sums because I adore this app but not enough to pay $5.00 a month for it.

How do you guys feel about this ?

Comments

• Well there’s another topic on this, but I just hope the subscription pays for the development of a playing surface with live recording, until then, I dunno. I just can’t stand the piano roll anymore especially now there’s so many apps that have live touch screen recording, using Auxy feels like I have to make a compromise and really slow down my flow

• Yeah the piano roll is weird. The way it moves around always screws me up. But I do love Auxy. That automation is key.

That said. There’s no way I’m paying $5 a month for it ! That’s a bit much of you ask me !

• The workflow, which was a strength, seems to be getting worse with each update.

• Even the automation used to be way more fun, remember transitions? I get that it’s technically more capable now, but we lost some fun factor. They should have just made those knob movements recordable, but for some reason literally ANY type of live improv is somehow against the ethos of Auxy which is fucking dumb as hell pardon my french.

• I know devs have got to eat etc but if they think their app is worth $60 a year ....

• Can someone please explain what os so ‘deep’ about it?
    Many people use ‘ deep ‘ to descripbe it.
    I see a minimalistic sequencer, with nice design.
    Fl studio is very similar design , simple, and has 1000x options for example.

• @TheoVoid said:

>

In a sentence, fuck ‘em. Deleted the app as soon as I found out.

• The subscription isn’t just for sample import mind. Their entire content library has been opened up with that, a content library that they promised will deliver new content on a monthly basis and has Black Octopus drum samples in it. I normally hate subscriptions, but Auxy is one of those subscriptions I think is done mostly right, and $4.99/month is not bad (especially compared to d-ckheads like Celsys where they charge $8.99/month for Clip Studio Paint just to locally save and export your work with no extra services rendered/no frequent updates as promised).

What about loyal users then?

-Project saving and export are still available.
    -You still have access to any content you purchased in the past without the need for the subscription.
    -The 7-day trial is extended for those who have purchased packs in the past, depending on how much you purchased.

I do think the user sample import being stuck behind the subscription paywall (as opposed to a one-time IAP like in Elastic Drums) is a crap move, and that’s the reason I said the subscription is mostly done right afterall. However, in the end, Auxy seems like one of those “totally worth it” apps, so I’ll give them until April. If they don’t stick to their promises, like new content monthly (or not enough new content), I’ll decide if I stay or go at that time. Cheers. :)

• if auxy is someone’s main hobby, it is rather inexpensive at 5$ a month. if it is just one of many tools to use, 50$ or so a year is quite expensive. so it depends on what you do with it...

• I’m not a fan of subscriptions, but I would consider them in some form and at a certain cost.

Look at something like the Roland Cloud. If something like that was available on iOS and could be brought down to around £8 or below per month, then I would be interested.

Basically the amount and quality of catalogue of instruments is important.

One relatively small iOS app being offered at this cost per month is honestly no where near the market value established or the one where I would have any interest.

• But isn't it FREE, :D

• @knewspeak said:
    But isn't it FREE, :D

I’m presumming they mean one of the versions. I no longer use it anyway, but sure there has been at least a couple of versions of Auxy if not more. It always was free when I used it and to be honest I found it quite boring

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@knewspeak said:
    But isn't it FREE, :D

I’m presumming they mean one of the versions. I no longer use it anyway, but sure there has been at least a couple of versions of Auxy if not more. It always was free when I used it and to be honest I found it quite boring

I thought it was simplistic and limited, maybe suitable for someone starting out, but free, this is being used in various contexts, as is subscription, when both these methods can change on a whim, certainly not being free in the altruistic sense. I prefer to invest my resources in something I have greater clarity in what it is I'm getting into and also where it's going.

• The cost of the app for a year is fair in my eyes. To ask this kind of fee is insulting to Auxy fans.

They would have been better if charging Korg level prices for a one time purchase than this.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    The cost of the app for a year is fair in my eyes. To ask this kind of fee is insulting to Auxy fans.

They would have been better if charging Korg level prices for a one time purchase than this.

>

If they could deliver Korg level quality, they wouldn’t be in this mess.

• I opened it this morning, having only messed around with it a little before, but not enough in this app for me to keep it. I think there's too many ways to achieve the same bad EDM from my brain at the moment and I should stop downloading more ways...that wasn't a knock on EDM by the way, I am referring to my attempts to make it. It's fun to try to do something that's not my world at all, but results in too many never used 4 bar loops...

• I reinstalled it when I heard something big was coming, also reinstalled the older version (midi sequencer one). Like @Zen210507 I deleted it when I found out what the “something big” was. Keeping the midi seq one on the device, for a minute.

I understand from other folks that there is a sizable fan base for the newer version, and they’ll likely like this latest iteration. Im good with whatever floats yer boat!

• @TheoVoid said:
    So....... I adore Auxy. It’s one of a kind and it’s seceptively deep. I’ve made some amazing stuff with it. It’s simple but the automation makes it great!!

So I open it today to find that now they have this subscription model where it $4.99/month to access sounds.
    Not sure if I’m reading this correctly but do you have to pay the subscription price to import samples too?

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I already have enough subscriptions. Netflix, iCloud, splice, etc. This stuff is beginning to add up.

I’m not a fan of the Auxy subscription. It sums because I adore this app but not enough to pay $5.00 a month for it.

I bought it

It said it was free for 2 months because I had all the previous IAP.

Not sure if that is a ploy or for real deal.

Anyway.

Sounds are awesome.

Problem.

They are not labeled other than hat 1 hat 2 hat3................and hearts to like them next to them.

I need a little more as far as my OCD and overall flow as far as details an words to know what is what.

I don't need to make a freaking Dewey Decimal System to reference what hat is what based on an antiquated number code.

Maybe they were pressed on time with NAMM and dropped it unfinished.

If the library file system improves I may stick with it.

I will give it 2 months.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@TheoVoid said:

I bought it

It said it was free for 2 months because I had all the previous IAP.

Not sure if that is a ploy or for real deal.

Anyway.

Sounds are awesome.

Problem.

They are not labeled other than hat 1 hat 2 hat3................and hearts to like them next to them.

I need a little more as far as my OCD and overall flow as far as details an words to know what is what.

I don't need to make a freaking Dewey Decimal System to reference what hat is what based on an antiquated number code.

Maybe they were pressed on time with NAMM and dropped it unfinished.

If the library file system improves I may stick with it.

I will give it 2 months.

I did find their support email where you can write them suggestions and questions. [email protected] I wrote them about importing custom samples for melodic instruments and got a friendly reply within a couple hours. (They’re considering this for a future update.) I’m also in the “give them a couple of months” boat too, but for me it’s about the samples they’ll add in their content library.

• Deleted mine, honestly I wish him the best but I’m not into subscribing. I’ll stick With BM3, Auria and Cubasis. I found this app too distracting for my workflow so again this is just MHO. If it works for ya go for it.

• @yonhorizon said:
    Can someone please explain what os so ‘deep’ about it?
    Many people use ‘ deep ‘ to descripbe it.
    I see a minimalistic sequencer, with nice design.
    Fl studio is very similar design , simple, and has 1000x options for example.

I suppose it’s not all that deep. Deep may be the wrong word. It’s just the way thy implement the automation. I like it a lot! I have tons of gear from Ableton to Maschine to Hardware and iOS. I just like the Auxy workflow and I was making some really cool stuff on it and enjoying it very much.

But there’s no way in hell im paying $69 a year for this shit. To hell with that! It’s insane if you ask me.
    I question paying $7.99 a month for Splice and I use that constantly. No way Auxy is worth $5 a month.

I hope they re consider

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hopefully Mr. Lenberg will listen to my suggestions on how to expand and vary the melodic portions of the content library (including “real” instruments, chiptune/fakebit sounds, etc). Fingers crossed. :) If something will keep me on as a subscriber, it would be sounds like those.

• @Max23 said:
    I would subscribe myself into the poorhouse,
    exactly. I’m already on my Way there!

Like I said I already have multiple subscriptions. I don’t need anymore.

I like samples. I mean I don’t like throwing loops together and calling it my own. I use them for inspiration and as a starting point. If I end up using an entire sample I manglevthe shit out of it. Splice is cool because basically any sound you need you can search and find multiple hits. Plus I’ve been doing thecwerum finance thing which I’m just about done with. I think the vst financing is great. Wish they had more options.

• Is Splice cool? I have a fifteen year old who's begging....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Is Splice cool? I have a fifteen year old who's begging....

Splice is okay if going after one of those rent-to-own plugins, but you only get so many download credits per month at $7.99/month. Sounds.com has UNLIMITED downloads at $9.99/month.

• Yeah I was just reading about that. I might check it out.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Is Splice cool? I have a fifteen year old who's begging....

I like it. And if your 15 year old is making music I’d say it’s a great way to get started

• Not sure if this has been mentioned so apologies if I misssed it:

What happens if we subscribe to get the sample import functionality and then the developers abandon the app? Could u be left with an app without that functionality? Seems safer to the end user to have a complete functioning app purchased by in-app purchase so u know it would still work if abandoned?

I really like Auxy so just thinking ahead.