Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garage Band - A common problem or just me....?

So, it seems I can now export ('share') something in any of the offered formats, opening it in any number of programs (tried at least a dozen) and it gets to this stage (see below) and then hangs. Forever, as in an hour or two with no joy....it appears to be still thinking, the little whirligig keeps spinning, but no joy. Anyone else come across this? Any suggestions beyond reinstall?

Comments

• edited January 2018

That it says “downloading” makes me think it is an iCloud problem. It saves there by default. You can change it in the system settings area for the app to save locally. Maybe that would work.

• @CracklePot A very good instinct, and entirely sensible, but unfortunately no dice. :( Thanks anyway....

• edited January 2018

Reboot your iPad.

• I had the same issue with the files app yesterday, trying to download something from Dropbox to garageband.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Reboot your iPad.

Many, many times :)

• @mrufino1 said:
    I had the same issue with the files app yesterday, trying to download something from Dropbox to garageband.

Can report that I bit the nettle, deleted and reinstalled, and all works as God/Steve Jobs intended. Another fresh start....

• I had the issue a few days ago - it was fixed with a reboot. Sorry to hear that's not fixing it for you.

Also the Files app seems to occasionally lose it and not show any files, which in turn affects GB as it won't let you open any projects, and so the iPad then requires a reboot.

In fact I'm currently finding GB very buggy indeed, what with the AUs not rendering unless merged first etc... Going back to Auria for some stability :D

• @richardyot said:
    I had the issue a few days ago - it was fixed with a reboot. Sorry to hear that's not fixing it for you.

Also the Files app seems to occasionally lose it and not show any files, which in turn affects GB as it won't let you open any projects, and so the iPad then requires a reboot.

In fact I'm currently finding GB very buggy indeed, what with the AUs not rendering unless merged first etc... Going back to Auria for some stability :D

Yup. The problem was a bit terminal, but the environment in general, while expanded, is definitely more rickety (technical term). Hadn't ever left Auria, but I AM finding GB into Cubasis a very easy playground currently. Which then ends up in Auria anyway :)

• Glad to hear it is working for you now. That new Flex and Flow loop pack is pretty cool, me thinks.

• What is the best method of getting material from GB into Cubasis?

• @Nu2moro said:
    What is the best method of getting material from GB into Cubasis?

AudioShare via Files app. GB>Files>AudioShare>Cubasis

• @CracklePot said:

@Nu2moro said:

@CracklePot said:

@Nu2moro said:

Thank you! :-)