Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cannabis: Help or hindrance?

Comments

• edited January 2018

Have you tried e-cigs recently @Max23?

When I tried them before they weren't nearly as good as the modern ones. Inhaling a mouthful of liquid is no fun and refilling them was fairly messy compared to the cheap one I have been using for well over a year without issues. I think finding a flavour you enjoy is the biggest challenge nowadays.

The disposable ones are probably still terrible, I would buy a box of cigarettes if that was my only other choice. Occasionally (if I'm out of juice at 2am) this does happen here.

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 Maybe you could move to Ireland for a while? €13 for a box covered with horrific images ;)

Despite having tried almost every drug under the sun (not the really bad ones), nicotine and caffeine are two substances that I have had to accept that I just can't do without

• edited January 2018
  • @Max23 said:
    wow thats double the price of cigarettes in germany
    we have those pretty pictures too

Don't mention German cigarettes to me :)

I used to smoke a brand (John Player Blue), when I moved to the Netherlands I couldn't find anything that was quite as satisfying. Any Irish friends visiting knew to bring me a box or two.

Then I went to Germany for a festival, was at a petrol station shop. What's that? John Player Blue. On the shelf! I bought ten boxes immediately, walked out with a huge smile.

Then I lit one up...Hmm...Something is wrong
    Check the side...nicotine content almost zero

I did use them for joints so wasn't a compete waste of money!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

You are bringing up all my cigarette related horror stories @max23!

I had a girlfriend that smoked those ^, she would often ask me to buy a pack. I can't pronounce the name correctly no matter how hard I tried. Luckily I could usually point at them after a few awkward attempts at using my voice..

• edited January 2018
  • Coffee and cigarettes, the Doctor says it'll be the death of me, I ask have you a cure for that.

• The coffee is the only one I have never had any success with @knewspeak

I have eaten spoonfuls of instant coffee at outdoor raves in the past when it was the only choice! Not my proudest moment but it worked..

• edited January 2018
  • I made the transition to gum, patches, nicotine pills etc after 26 years of smoking quite easily. It then took me three years to get off the nicotine replacements. Seven years clean now though.

• @Max23 said:

@knewspeak said:
    Coffee and cigarettes, the Doctor says it'll be the death of me, I ask have you a cure for that.

I know why your nickname is new speak. You like to twist words. ^^
    I quit with coffee some years ago. that was easy.
    but if I have a coffee now I need to smoke more. its the perfect combination of drugs.
    you know coffee & cigarettes by Jim jarmush, right?
    im still laughing my ass off about the scene in that iggy pop meets tom waits.
    "do you think I´m a Taco Bell kind of guy?" ^^

About the nickname, :) even that's kinky.

Funny you mention the film, both myself and friend, a couple of days ago, were discussing the lives of Tesla and Da Vinci, whilst partaking of our favourite poisons.

• edited January 2018
  • @Max23 said:

@lnikj said:
    I made the transition to gum, patches, nicotine pills etc after 26 years of smoking quite easily. It then took me three years to get off the nicotine replacements. Seven years clean now though.

its not only nicotine, its habits.
    I don't know what to do with my hands and I constantly want to put something in my mouth. :#
    I feel insecure without cigarette in my hand.
    im a chainsmoker. Im smoking while im shaving. its really bad.
    im like a junky. If I am not smoking my brain thinks cigarette, cigarette, cigarette, like a parrot.

I know what that's like, I have come to the conclusion it's as much OCD as an addiction.

• edited January 2018
  • Try to go to cinema instead:

• edited January 2018
  • quit meat & drinking blood in 95, quit drinking in 2005

but mary jane has moved in to stay
    she’s a kind girl, the sort that keeps you out of trouble... & enhances taste, sight and comprehension of life. she’s a muse too, dancing till your head spin and you have to clutch your guitar for balance...

it’s poetry in safe hands

• @Kühl said:
    quit meat & drinking blood in 95

Can you go out in the daylight?

• @lnikj said:

@Kühl said:

well you see, theron lies the problem. An undeads little malarkey.
    Who’s heard of a veggie vampire anyway, right? But we have our ways, i’m stuffed with blood plasma in tomato juice right now...

but out in daylight? Yo, you crazy dude, I’m a musician

• @Kühl said:

@lnikj said:

@Kühl said:

well you see, theron lies the problem. An undeads little malarkey.
    Who’s heard of a veggie vampire anyway, right? But we have our ways, i’m stuffed with blood plasma in tomato juice right now...

but out in daylight? Yo, you crazy dude, I’m a musician

I'm sure there will be vegan vampires soon, the snowflakes won't be able to relate to the old-school undead.

• edited January 2018

@Max23 said:

@lnikj said:
    I made the transition to gum, patches, nicotine pills etc after 26 years of smoking quite easily. It then took me three years to get off the nicotine replacements. Seven years clean now though.

I don't know what to do with my hands and I constantly want to put something in my mouth. :#
    im like a junky. If I am not smoking my brain thinks cigarette, cigarette, cigarette, like a parrot.

Ain’t that the truth. I’ve just begun to try quitting cigarettes, my second try of the year was this weekend and I slept literally all of Saturday to keep from smoking. It worked, but of course that’s no way to go through life.

I’ve read books here lately and listened to people trying to convince me that it’s just an illusion that I enjoy it, but no, I really do, even if I’m suffocating myself.

Plus, there’s something reassuring about holding one in your hands, and it also helps me as a narcoleptic to stay awake, which is a huge deal. My hands have to stay busy.

• @Max23 said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Have you tried e-cigs recently @Max23?

When I tried them before they weren't nearly as good as the modern ones. Inhaling a mouthful of liquid is no fun and refilling them was fairly messy compared to the cheap one I have been using for well over a year without issues. I think finding a flavour you enjoy is the biggest challenge nowadays.

The disposable ones are probably still terrible, I would buy a box of cigarettes if that was my only other choice. Occasionally (if I'm out of juice at 2am) this does happen here.

doesn't work for me
    I tried nicotin gum and nicotin band aid too
    im smoking cigarettes since I am 12 years old. thats 28 years now.
    its hopeless.

Zonnic

It is over the counter (OTC) no Rx needed.

Many coupons available.

It worked for me with some minor behavior changes and cognitive resets.

• @Max23 said:

@lnikj said:

Buy knaster or some other herb mixer and smoke that while also taking nicotine something. Or take a few days off and smoke weed instead of tobacco. Doing either of these will teach your body(and unconscious mind) to disassociate nicotine from smoking and helps quitting smoking.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I do el sigs mostly. Cheap way to smoke... or vape.
    Doug does it too I guess, from his video about his health...

If I want “fire & fury” I just roll a joint. And for the purity of it all I have Bach ready on the turntable, The D minor Chaconne, transcribed for guitar and played by Julian Bream.

• Did you guys ever tried using medicinal marijuana for severe headache or migraine? Im really curious about this matter and wanted to ask if you guys have any experience using cannabis. I came across some article that says medicinal marijuana can help you cope with this types of problem and some other health issues. I have 0% experience using cannabis so im hoping some of you guys can enlighten me and give me more information about this. Thanks!

• edited February 2018

@Themistokles said:
    Did you guys ever tried using medicinal marijuana for severe headache or migraine? Im really curious about this matter and wanted to ask if you guys have any experience using cannabis. I came across some article that says medicinal marijuana can help you cope with this types of problem and some other health issues. I have 0% experience using cannabis so im hoping some of you guys can enlighten me and give me more information about this. Thanks!

The medicinal variants can have a lot less negative effects. Since it's not legal here I cannot attest to how effective they are but I use it all the time to counter pain. But I'm one of those lucky few that never gets addicted to the stuff. I stop for months on end and just resume on a whim. But some people get quite dependant on it.

• Depends what you mean by "medicinal". For years a lot of states have sold marijuana as medicinal, and that mainly just referred to the fact that you needed a yearly permit to buy it. Otherwise it was the same as any other marijuana. These days you'll also find marijuana specifically grown to have little to no THC and only CBD or other cannabinoids, so you get some of the health benefits without the "high" associated with pot.

For me personally, normal strains of marijuana don't help with pain very much, if anything they can accentuate it sometimes. This seems to be user dependant though, as I have a couple friends with more serious illnesses that swear by it. The newer CBD strains CAN help though. I used one after a shoulder surgery instead of a stronger pain killer, and while not as effective as a typical pain killer, they definitely helped a good bit. You can get it as tinctures you just drop on your tongue, or even as creams you rub on your skin so you don;t have to smoke or vape anything.