Logic 10.4 incorporates Music Memos tempo shifting

2»

Comments

  • I'm upgrading my mid-2014 MacBook Pro to high sierra so I can install the update. Wish me luck.

  • Good luck. mid-2014 here too but on Sierra. Do let me know how it goes for you.

  • Does this only work on High Sierra. Mine has been barred from entry into that particular club.

  • @Cib said:

    @TheoryNotes said:
    I definitely love the Chromaverb, but I have to turn off the visualizations.

    Tried running a 1024 buffer, but even then it seems to want to turn the corner of my laptop into molten lava.

    The sound is amazing though.

    Yep.....never heard my fans so loud. Even scared it will kill my macbook (the masterplan of Apple >:) ).
    No problem if i turn that shiny GUI effect off. But it really looks too nice to be off :)
    I like the new GUI´s. They just seems to need a proper gpu. At least we have a choice to turn fancy stuff off here.
    The more i play with ChromaVerb i think it is my favorite new addition to Logic 10.4.
    I think it is as good or even better as some of the better payed reverb-plug-ins (still not in a league with my beloved B2, Aether or the new Breeze 2.0).
    The damping and output EQ is great. Some nice algorithms to choose. And it works great and smooth if i modulate parameters as well. This is a great tools for creative sound design.

    And the fact that included the now famous "mono-maker" in ChromaVerb is fantastic. More / all reverbs need to bring that on board. Also, running it in mid/side mode with a mix of short and long verbs is magic!

    If you need the presets, here you go! I just zipped the entire folder of all stock plugin presets. Pick and choose as needed.

  • @TheoryNotes so far so good. I was able to sign in and head to the Audiobus Forum. Its all down hill from there. hehe

    @Jocphone it requires 10.12, which is Sierra. I was still on 10.11 but couldnt just upgrade to Sierra without jumping through a lot of hoops.

  • @gmslayton said:
    @TheoryNotes so far so good. I was able to sign in and head to the Audiobus Forum. Its all down hill from there. hehe

    @Jocphone it requires 10.12, which is Sierra. I was still on 10.11 but couldnt just upgrade to Sierra without jumping through a lot of hoops.

    Thanks @gmslayton still not sure whether my Late 2008 MBP is going to up to snuff to run Logic..

  • @brice said:

    @Cib said:

    @TheoryNotes said:
    I definitely love the Chromaverb, but I have to turn off the visualizations.

    Tried running a 1024 buffer, but even then it seems to want to turn the corner of my laptop into molten lava.

    The sound is amazing though.

    Yep.....never heard my fans so loud. Even scared it will kill my macbook (the masterplan of Apple >:) ).
    No problem if i turn that shiny GUI effect off. But it really looks too nice to be off :)
    I like the new GUI´s. They just seems to need a proper gpu. At least we have a choice to turn fancy stuff off here.
    The more i play with ChromaVerb i think it is my favorite new addition to Logic 10.4.
    I think it is as good or even better as some of the better payed reverb-plug-ins (still not in a league with my beloved B2, Aether or the new Breeze 2.0).
    The damping and output EQ is great. Some nice algorithms to choose. And it works great and smooth if i modulate parameters as well. This is a great tools for creative sound design.

    And the fact that included the now famous "mono-maker" in ChromaVerb is fantastic. More / all reverbs need to bring that on board. Also, running it in mid/side mode with a mix of short and long verbs is magic!

    If you need the presets, here you go! I just zipped the entire folder of all stock plugin presets. Pick and choose as needed.

    Thank you very much!!! That is much appreciated! :)

  • @TheoryNotes said:
    So, I've scoured through this now and have noticed that the Beat Sequencer kits have still not yet made it over, as well as some kits from the other GB iOS sound library packs, such as Dembow from Gozadera Latina, Infinity from Edges and Angles, as well as the new Flex and Flow kits.

    So, surprisingly this isn't compatible yet for bringing projects which use those sounds from GB iOS to Logic.

    Maybe those sounds will be added to the eventual GB mac update which would have to likely be somewhere around the corner, but I wouldn't expect until March or so if history is any guide.

    Just ran into this for real. The drums from the Flex and Chill collection didn’t import...apparently these are exs files so GB iOS uses EXS24 behind the scenes?

  • @realdavidai said:

    Just ran into this for real. The drums from the Flex and Chill collection didn’t import...apparently these are exs files so GB iOS uses EXS24 behind the scenes?

    It uses most of the Logic Instruments behind the scenes (RetroSynth, ESX24, UltraBeat to name a few).

    Last time I imported a project from iOS GarageBand it downloaded some additional drummer files that I didn't have installed on my mac. Some of the tracks used ES-2, others ESX24, RetroSynth and UltraBeat and some some were just clean Alchemy presets...

    With a but more flexibility in the automation & editing department we'd be looking at 'Logic for iOS'....

  • @Samu said:

    @realdavidai said:

    Just ran into this for real. The drums from the Flex and Chill collection didn’t import...apparently these are exs files so GB iOS uses EXS24 behind the scenes?

    It uses most of the Logic Instruments behind the scenes (RetroSynth, ESX24, UltraBeat to name a few).

    Last time I imported a project from iOS GarageBand it downloaded some additional drummer files that I didn't have installed on my mac. Some of the tracks used ES-2, others ESX24, RetroSynth and UltraBeat and some some were just clean Alchemy presets...

    With a but more flexibility in the automation & editing department we'd be looking at 'Logic for iOS'....

    Indeed. We are not too far off. This was a dense project using all 32 tracks with multiple effects and synths. Volume automation etc. I tracked the vocalist at low latency with all the synths playing. Never once got “optimizing performance” message.

    Beyond automation and editing would also love to see 48 tracks and the ability to disable the default limiter on the hidden master bus.

  • It seems strange, but I'm just hoping Apple is busy building Live Loops and Beat Sequencer into Garageband for Mac and then letting it find its way into Logic as some type of Mega Live Loops version.

    This divergence seems a bit odd currently, but maybe the Garageband for iOS team is going rogue.

  • @realdavidai said:

    @TheoryNotes said:
    So, I've scoured through this now and have noticed that the Beat Sequencer kits have still not yet made it over, as well as some kits from the other GB iOS sound library packs, such as Dembow from Gozadera Latina, Infinity from Edges and Angles, as well as the new Flex and Flow kits.

    So, surprisingly this isn't compatible yet for bringing projects which use those sounds from GB iOS to Logic.

    Maybe those sounds will be added to the eventual GB mac update which would have to likely be somewhere around the corner, but I wouldn't expect until March or so if history is any guide.

    Just ran into this for real. The drums from the Flex and Chill collection didn’t import...apparently these are exs files so GB iOS uses EXS24 behind the scenes?

    Latest Logic update fixes this...GB iOS and Logic Pro back in Harmony :)

Sign In or Register to comment.