Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introduction to AUv3

Made a video about the basics of AUv3, perfect for anyone new to iOS music making.

Comments

• Thanks. Nice intro to AUv3s. Reverser Delay sounds great btw; I need to take a closer look.

• Nice ... clear and concise. FS Reverser Delay is great btw.

• As others have said: nice and concise. The only thing I would have made clear as it’s aimed at newbies is that using multiple AU can sometimes mean as little a two instances if it’s a processor hog and you’re on an older device. Some may be disappointed if they get the impression that they can just use an AU as many times as they like.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    As others have said: nice and concise. The only thing I would have made clear as it’s aimed at newbies is that using multiple AU can sometimes mean as little a two instances if it’s a processor hog and you’re on an older device. Some may be disappointed if they get the impression that they can just use an AU as many times as they like.

I feel like I can use as many @brambos instances as I like :)

• @Beathoven said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    As others have said: nice and concise. The only thing I would have made clear as it’s aimed at newbies is that using multiple AU can sometimes mean as little a two instances if it’s a processor hog and you’re on an older device. Some may be disappointed if they get the impression that they can just use an AU as many times as they like.

Yeah that’s pretty much true lol

• @Beathoven said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Got there before me, yes, it depends on the complexity of the app and developer's skill in optimising it.

• encenc
    edited January 2018

That's how tutorial vids should be short, consise but more importantly without errms, and Errs :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Ahh yeah, good point, should have mentioned something about limitations when using CPU hungry apps. Thanks for the feedback though! :)

• @BradleyFS said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Ahh yeah, good point, should have mentioned something about limitations when using CPU hungry apps. Thanks for the feedback though! :)

No probs, thought you did a good job. I know it’s a lot harder than many think. I did presume that you had posted here for some critique? How many you done so far?

I like the idea that you are aiming it at people new to iOS music making - anything that promotes it is good in my book

• @enc said:
    That's how tutorial vids should be short, consise but more importantly without errms, and Errs :)

Jakob's vids would be that way, instead they are a beautiful patchwork. Quite an art in itself.

• encenc
    edited January 2018

@supadom said:

@enc said:

Jakob's vids would be that way, instead they are a beautiful patchwork. Quite an art in itself.

Agreed, JH vids are pretty cool too B)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    No probs, thought you did a good job. I know it’s a lot harder than many think. I did presume that you had posted here for some critique? How many you done so far?

I like the idea that you are aiming it at people new to iOS music making - anything that promotes it is good in my book

Yeah posted here more for critique than anything, everyone on this forum probably know what AUv3 is anyway. But that's my second, I've done another one about IAA and I've got one about assigning midi controls to effects parameters in AUM and BM3 in the works.

• @BradleyFS said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah posted here more for critique than anything, everyone on this forum probably know what AUv3 is anyway. But that's my second, I've done another one about IAA and I've got one about assigning midi controls to effects parameters in AUM and BM3 in the works.

Looking forward to more of them.