Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cassini

.. what are people's thoughts on Cassini ? Am having a cull on the iPad to potentially make way for bm3 and I came across Cassini.
Not used it fir months/years but there's some pretty decent sounds in there if you dig deep. Nice clean, simple interface too.

Comments

• I still hope that Cassini will become AUv3 just like the other Icegear synths :)

• I just find it so awkward to program. I much prefer the PPG app and Tera Synth approaches to how to handle multiple LFOs, envelopes etc.

• Nobody can make this decision for you I'm afraid ;)

• encenc
    edited January 2018

@supadom said:
    Nobody can make this decision for you I'm afraid ;)

I know .. it's only 25mb so it'll probably stay :)
    Some of the presets are very Arturia sounding.

• It’s a great synth that I know has so much depth - yet I can’t be bothered to delve. I think the fact you don’t use it says something ;)

• encenc
    edited January 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    . I think the fact you don’t use it says something ;)

I probably tinkered a little (as you do) on first download and not give it a fair hearing before discarding it to that dark corner labled "of little use " :/
    I now find that a lot of the presets have a thin, nasal'y timbre that whilst not great in isolation ...can cut nicely through a mix.

• I think it’s one of the best synths for iOS. The programming is very deep and very powerful. I mean each oscialltor has its own LFO and each LFO has its own envelope. That’s just scratching the surface.

• It is a very powerful synth, but the layout is just so damn unappealing.

• Is one of those bread and butter, desert island synths, on the tweakers dream tip.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Is one of those bread and butter, desert island synths, on the tweakers dream tip.

Love this hehe

• @JeffChasteen said:
    It is a very powerful synth, but the layout is just so damn unappealing.

agreed. can get some sweet sounds out of it if you know what you're doing and can trudge through all those tabs (i don't)

• edited January 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I just find it so awkward to program. I much prefer the PPG app and Tera Synth approaches to how to handle multiple LFOs, envelopes etc.

Huh??
    Cassini is one of my go-to analog synths with one of the best UIs, shared with Zeeon, thor and Unique. Cassini for complex analog sounds, Zeeon for fat analog heaven, thor for wavetable, FM and sequenced stuff, and Unique when I'm lazy and just want presets and a few tweaks.
    Maybe it's because I come from classic hardware synths.

• @rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I just find it so awkward to program. I much prefer the PPG app and Tera Synth approaches to how to handle multiple LFOs, envelopes etc.

Huh??
    Cassini is one of my go-to analog synths with one of the best UIs, shared with Zeeon, thor and Unique. Cassini for complex analog sounds, Zeeon for fat analog heaven, thor for wavetable, FM and sequenced stuff, and Unique when I'm lazy and just want presets and a few tweaks.

Very hardware style. If it were all one front panel it’d be massive

• @Littlewoodg said:

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Huh??

The style is interesting from my perspective as it’s the same as the first software synth I ever owned - one of the really early Virsyn synths on Windows. We are talking pre VST!

• Good sounds, off-putting workflow.

• edited January 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Huh??

The style is interesting from my perspective as it’s the same as the first software synth I ever owned - one of the really early Virsyn synths on Windows. We are talking pre VST!

Which one? My most elderly Virsyn (for PC, so post VST, but around the time of TERA, Cube, Poseidon and microTERA) was a Steinberg/Virsyn collab called D’cota...I guess maybe it was post Tera since people called D’cota a crippled Tera...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Huh??

Which one? My most elderly Virsyn (for PC, so post VST, but pre- TERA, Cube, Poseidon and microTERA) was a Steinberg/Virsyn collab called D’cota...

I have no idea of the name at this time (can’t remember last week sometimes lol). I will try to find it!

• edited January 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    Good sounds, off-putting workflow.

I guess we’re all different cause I enjoy the workflow. I really love how the developer has given us so many unique ways to shape sounds. Each osc and filter and amp has its own LFO and 6-stage Envelope, even the LFOs have envelopes. And anything can be modulated with them. There are basically three independent delays with modulation as well, and can be used to make incredible reverbs. Last night sitting in bed I made one of the most beautifully complex sounds I’ve ever done.

Only thing this app needs is external clock sync either via MIDI or Link.

• @soundshaper said:

@MonzoPro said:

I guess we’re all different cause I enjoy the workflow. I really love how the developer has given us so many unique ways to shape sounds. Each osc and filter and amp has its own LFO and 6-stage Envelope, even the LFOs have envelopes. And anything can be modulated with them. There are basically three independent delays with modulation as well, and can be used to make incredible reverbs. Last night sitting in bed I made one of the most beautifully complex sounds I’ve ever done.

No SOMTC; didn't happen :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@soundshaper said:

@MonzoPro said:

What’s SOMTC?

• @JeffChasteen said:
    It is a very powerful synth, but the layout is just so damn unappealing.

Yes agreed

• @soundshaper said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@soundshaper said:

@MonzoPro said:

What’s SOMTC?

Song Of The Month Club

• +1 on tweakers dream. If you need bread and butter VA sounds though, there are quicker ways to go about it.

Feels like too much synth for an AU window but I'd happily pay for the delays as an stand alone effect. Still my favorite on iOS.