Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 11.2.5 out now.........

2»

Comments

• @soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

The biggest battery sucker on my air 2 is Safari, and it’s not because I use it the most. Most likely because of the whiteness of this forum. It would be nice to have a dark option.

Use the “invert colors” feature. I’m using it right now.

The problem with invert colours is that it inverts absolutely everything apps etc. It looks cool for a while but most of my apps are dark originally so it kinda defies the purpose ;)

• I’d say that in the year 2018 every browser should not only have a dark mode but also a colour slider for the background and text, including white on white ;). We should be given the freedom to hurt ourselves like with fags (cigarettes) and booze (alcohol).

• @Carnbot said:

@soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

The biggest battery sucker on my air 2 is Safari, and it’s not because I use it the most. Most likely because of the whiteness of this forum. It would be nice to have a dark option.

Firefox for iOS has a night mode which inverts the forum colours :)

Just got it. Perfect, thanks!

• @recccp said:

@Samu said:

@recccp said:

@Samu said:
    iOS11.3 is already i beta so iOS11.2.5 it's not the 'final' iOS11 revision...
    I do wonder what 'news' iOS12 will bring :)

Thanks for the info, good to know.
    So far it's been fine. Thought I still hope the battery drain will be fixed/reduced like it had with last ios 10 versions.

Batteries degrade with time too. That's something many forget when comparing 'battery times' so it's easy to blame the battery wear and tear on the update...

iOS11.3 is supposed to bring us a tool to check battery health so that's a step in the right direction :)

I get that.
    According to some free battery measuring app my mini2 is at 84% (2 years older) vs my air2 at 96%
    Mini2 is on ios9 vs air2 on ios11. My mini2 lasts way longer without any tweaks whatsoever. Haven't done real measuring though as I'm using them for different things.
    If that's the new way of current os that's 'ok' , but too many reports suggest even brand new devices suffering. Of course turning of this and that will help, but in my experience it's definitely worse now than it was before.

The screen size on your mini might have a part in it. I do agree though 11 is dodgy.

• @supadom said:

@recccp said:

@Samu said:

@recccp said:

@Samu said:
    iOS11.3 is already i beta so iOS11.2.5 it's not the 'final' iOS11 revision...
    I do wonder what 'news' iOS12 will bring :)

Thanks for the info, good to know.
    So far it's been fine. Thought I still hope the battery drain will be fixed/reduced like it had with last ios 10 versions.

Batteries degrade with time too. That's something many forget when comparing 'battery times' so it's easy to blame the battery wear and tear on the update...

iOS11.3 is supposed to bring us a tool to check battery health so that's a step in the right direction :)

I get that.
    According to some free battery measuring app my mini2 is at 84% (2 years older) vs my air2 at 96%
    Mini2 is on ios9 vs air2 on ios11. My mini2 lasts way longer without any tweaks whatsoever. Haven't done real measuring though as I'm using them for different things.
    If that's the new way of current os that's 'ok' , but too many reports suggest even brand new devices suffering. Of course turning of this and that will help, but in my experience it's definitely worse now than it was before.

The screen size on your mini might have a part in it. I do agree though 11 is dodgy.

You are right.
    Like I said, no scientific measuring was done. But in the past I was surprised after few hours of use how well it performed, now it's quite the opposite.

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

@soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

It does funny things to websites but I’m gonna keep it even if just for this forum which likely gets at least 50% of my browsing.

Using this made me realise that probably there’s a good reason why most browsers don’t support this: it changes the appearance of their well crafted by the sales team website look. All of a sudden the trademark Facebook look is no longer there!

Nice one Firefox. I guess open source origins might have something to do with it.

The old ebay app used to have night mode but stopped working with iOS 11, might switch my eBay browsing to Firefox if it handles it well.

• @supadom said:

@supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

@soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

It does funny things to websites but I’m gonna keep it even if just for this forum which likely gets at least 50% of my browsing.

Using this made me realise that probably there’s a good reason why most browsers don’t support this: it changes the appearance of their well crafted by the sales team website look. All of a sudden the trademark Facebook look is no longer there!

Nice one Firefox. I guess open source origins might have something to do with it.

The old ebay app used to have night mode but stopped working with iOS 11, might switch my eBay browsing to Firefox if it handles it well.

Yeah I'm surprised Safari and Chrome don't do it, or actually yes, probably because Google looks very different :)
    it also keeps the bar at the top white which is annoying. Hopefully Apple will add their version to iOS 12/13 etc.

• iTrack dock come back to life.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    iTrack dock come back to life.

Wooo Hooo :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Yessir...

• @Dubbylabby said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Yessir...

Good to hear it's not just another security/regular Joe update.

• @supadom said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Yessir...

Good to hear it's not just another security/regular Joe update.

Well it could be a problem with connector since I have the mini4 version which giggles a bit... but other users could confirm both?

• While on battery side in my experience it's got even worse, I haven't seen any cpu spikes since the update, which is positive.
    Hope others can confirm improvement on overall performance as well.

• @recccp said:
    Hmm.. one post disappeared after editing...

I've had that happen a few times. I think it happens when I refresh the page before the comment had time to be saved on the server.

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@recccp said:
    Hmm.. one post disappeared after editing...

I've had that happen a few times. I think it happens when I refresh the page before the comment had time to be saved on the server.

I'm not sure what happened, but next day when supadom quoted that post I realized it's there. :)

• Hey, so what's up with 11.2.5?

Light at the end of the tunnel or is it still murky?

Now that I'm down to one IPad I've gotten paranoid again.

• Zero CPU spikes or battery issues on my test Mini 2, will update Air 2 later.

• @Samplemunch said:
    Zero CPU spikes or battery issues on my test Mini 2, will update Air 2 later.

Did you experience spikes before the update?

• No change on my Air 2, still spikes. Haven't updated 12.9 Pro 2 yet though.