Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best free apps, for a friend

Hi guys I'm out of the loop a bit with iOS.. but a friend just picked up an ipad3 for music. I was going to send him some links to free apps that he can try out, any ideas?

I have Groovebox so far but don't know how that runs on ipad3

Comments

• Also just realised ipad3 only supports ios9, so there's that too

• Search is thy friend.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Search is thy friend.

Which search? I tried App Store but just shed loads of drum pad apps

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Search is thy friend.

Just tried this forum too and no dice, just heaps of comments with the word free or app in them :(

• Ok found one.. blocs wave

• Use google to search the forum, it is way much more better, and sure to yield much more better results as well.

ToneStack go, JamUp - the free version. Not sure what ios is needed for the two of them, but I've got Tonestack on an old old old iphone, with the 30 pin connector. Works a charm.

• @High5denied said:
    Use google to search the forum, it is way much more better, and sure to yield much more better results as well.

ToneStack go, JamUp - the free version. Not sure what ios is needed for the two of them, but I've got Tonestack on an old old old iphone, with the 30 pin connector. Works a charm.

Thanks!
    There was that sample drum machine that went free recently but can't find it

• Try this, should keep your friend busy for a while. Some of the blog posts are "this app "goes free",, meaning a sale...but there are tons of posts with free apps available.

http://musicappblog.com/?s=free

• This one should work, I have this on one of my old devices as well, not sure if it really will work on 8.4 like it claims, but this should get yer friends feet wet probably in my top 5 for ios apps. It's awesome. ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthmaster-player/id944155926?mt=8

Seller KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
    Size 261 MB
    Category Music
    Compatibility
    Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
    Languages
    English
    Age Rating Rated 4+
    Copyright © 2004-2015 KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
    Price Free

• Don't get a whole lot in the free version, but it let's you check it out. It's a 1.6 gb download though, so there's that.......

Compatibility
    Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sampletank-cs/id464775965?mt=8

• @High5denied said:
    This one should work, I have this on one of my old devices as well, not sure if it really will work on 8.4 like it claims, but this should get yer friends feet wet probably in my top 5 for ios apps. It's awesome. ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthmaster-player/id944155926?mt=8

Seller KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
    Size 261 MB
    Category Music
    Compatibility
    Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
    Languages
    English
    Age Rating Rated 4+
    Copyright © 2004-2015 KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
    Price Free

Thanks man.. that's a gem

• Quick google search yielded:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22036/free-apps/p1

Literally took me 5 seconds.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Quick google search yielded:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22036/free-apps/p1

Literally took me 5 seconds.

Did you search the audiobus forum from google? Because I did that after high5denied suggested it and it worked great, found a load of threads about free apps.

I came to this forum to ask because there's nice people on here, I've helped a lot of people on here too with things.

But I guess your one of the ones that likes to be a smart ass and "own" people.. nice one dude

• Figure has to be one. It’s easy- but sounds great- and has Link as well- so you can play together. And it fits the specs I think.

• @robosardine said:
    Figure has to be one. It’s easy- but sounds great- and has Link as well- so you can play together. And it fits the specs I think.

Yup that's another great one, just sent that to him.

So far:
    Synthmaster player, sampletank, blocswave, nanologue, figure, tweakybeat.. that should be a good introduction to iOS music until he gets an iTunes card.

Thanks everyone

• There’s probably a version of GarageBand available as well.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    There’s probably a version of GarageBand available as well.

Ahh yes. Thanks!

• I apologize for being grouchy, but the search box at the top of the forum is Google search now... We've had so many threads started lately that have been retreads of threads done many times over. Anyway, I'll leave now before my grouchiness starts to smell bad.

• edited January 2018

The mixvibes apps?
    Soundprism?
    Ituttle
    Ton drums
    Snap
    FuzzPlus3
    RoughRider2

• Figure was my favorite free app when I started out.

• Nanologue
    Synthmaster Player
    Dubfilter
    Gliderverb

• Not instruments, but in the MIDI tools category: Midiwrench, MidiScope and MidiMittr are useful to have in the toolkit sometimes.

• @Redo1 said:
    The mixvibes apps?
    Soundprism?
    Ituttle
    Ton drums
    Snap
    FuzzPlus3
    RoughRider2

Jeez i didnt even know roughrider was free.. I'll be grabbing that one haha. Soundprism is another great one

• @brambos said:
    Not instruments, but in the MIDI tools category: Midiwrench, MidiScope and MidiMittr are useful to have in the toolkit sometimes.

Good idea, will send those through to him also, thanks

• Depends what sort f music he makes and how he records TBH..

Try GarageBand, if not let us know which direction his music goes? Thanks...

• Gadget le is free and has 3 instruments and 3 tracks. Plenty to learn how to use it.

• @vpich said:
    Gadget le is free and has 3 instruments and 3 tracks. Plenty to learn how to use it.

Hmm interesting, did not know it had a free version

• @JangoMango said:
    Depends what sort f music he makes and how he records TBH..

Try GarageBand, if not let us know which direction his music goes? Thanks...

Electronic, hiphop (sampling from records style hiphop, not club hiphop)

He's using it as a sound source for a SP404SX

• edited January 2018

Must be the one and only Beatmaker 3 I would say ! But it does cost a little.