Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Multiple Midi controller thread

I have four midi controllers plugged into my setup at the moment, great to have lots to tweak but since I added an fcb foot controller I'm finding some conflicts playing midi keys as i will sometimes trigger recording in loopy or some other unwanted event. I am going back to the drawing board now and want to avoid this in the future.

Any advice on a good way to setup and manage this process would be much appreciated. I have recently switched from using AUM (great midi matrix) in the output of audiobus to just using audiobus with loopy as the central app.

Edit to answer my own question I realised that I hardly ever use the lowest octave of midi notes, setup an fcb layout to send these and reassigned loopy to respond, problem solved.

Comments

• Yes, your answer is a good solution.

Also, it may sound obvious, but a good management of keeping them on different Midi Channels should help things a bit too.