Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux Help? Streaming audio from PC to iPad?

Hi,

I've read carefully through the rather confusing manual. Especially confusing is this section, where the description of receiving audio is pretty much the same as sending. Is this a misprint?

My problem is that I can send and stream audio to a track in Studio One on my PC, using the Studiomux Generator plugin assigned to the appropriate track from the iOS app. What I don't seem able to do is send audio either recorded or produced from a VST or audio track on my PC in Studio One, back to the iPad, for instance to process through Turnado, or some other effect.

From what I've read, it seems like some people have had success with this using the Studiomux Effect app? On my Effect app, I only have the option to receive and send from the iPad, not from my PC. Others have explained how some 18/2 extra audio interface option appears when using the Studiomux server. I don't have any such option. Can anyone help me, or suggest another app or setup that can allow me to send and receive AUDIO both ways during a Studio One session on Windows 10 64-bit?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• That's how it should look, it's not a mis-print. Have you selected the ios effect in the "receive from" & "send to" boxes within the Studiomux Effect vst? If so it should just work (Iin Ableton Live).....sorry, but i don't have Studio One to confirm this is the same, but it's the same principle.

• Thanks, Iso. I seem to have got the audio piped through Turnado now. I'm creating another audio track with a Studiomux Generator on it set to the Turnado channel to capture the effected audio. This worked for me, then next time I tried it on a different piece of audio in the same project, it came out garbled and distorted so I think I'm having some intermittent issues that I may need to try to pin down next. I'm absolutely sure I tried the above method, as you said and as stated in the manual but it just didn't work last time, and with this new issue, I'm thinking my problems are not necessarily due to Studiomux now. I've had no end of intermittent bugs trying to get my workflow sorted between Windows and iOS!

Regarding the mis-print, I meant the wording of the two paragraphs - the Receive Audio begins with "Receiving audio in your DAW can be done..." yet the Send Audio paragraph also starts with, "RECEIVING audio can be done..."

Thanks for you help.

• edited January 2018

@amigomatt said:
    Thanks, Iso. I seem to have got the audio piped through Turnado now. I'm creating another audio track with a Studiomux Generator on it set to the Turnado channel to capture the effected audio. This worked for me, then next time I tried it on a different piece of audio in the same project, it came out garbled and distorted so I think I'm having some intermittent issues that I may need to try to pin down next. I'm absolutely sure I tried the above method, as you said and as stated in the manual but it just didn't work last time, and with this new issue, I'm thinking my problems are not necessarily due to Studiomux now. I've had no end of intermittent bugs trying to get my workflow sorted between Windows and iOS!

Regarding the mis-print, I meant the wording of the two paragraphs - the Receive Audio begins with "Receiving audio in your DAW can be done..." yet the Send Audio paragraph also starts with, "RECEIVING audio can be done..."

Thanks for you help.

Ok, great, you have audio passing from Studio One to the iPad and back again. You don't have to create a new track with a Studiomux generator on it, just route the audio from the processed track to another record armed audio track, and record that. In Ableton that is very straightforward, in Studio One, again, i don't know, but it must be similar sort of thing. No need for a second generator instance to record the processed audio, this is probably why it sounds garbled.
    The manual is pretty much unintelligible, so not a great help in any way mis-print or not!

I have started a new thread for all Studiomux related posts, so we can create a knowledge base for all Studiomux problem solving, tips, troubleshooting etc......would be great if any new queries or useful info could be posted there from now on..........cheers........

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24144/the-studiomux-thread-a-resource-for-all-studiomux-related-questions-tips-troubleshooting#latest

• edited January 2018

Thanks again, Iso. I've only been using Studio One myself a couple of weeks on trial, as I'm a Sonar Platinum refugee looking for a new DAW since Cakewalk folded. I've already tried, as you suggested, to just route the audio to another track but I can't find a way to do that in Studio One, hence the workaround with the Gen plugin. I'll keep trying, but for now, I have managed to set up what I wanted to achieve - thanks!

• So I updated to the latest version on my Iphone first because the last one seems to be the best working update so far on my Ipad and I dont want to gamble. The only issue Ive seen so far is with Zeeon, something screwy with the GUI, it looks normal in stand alone but has issues in Audiomux, My Iphone is a 5s and I normally dont use it for audio production unless my Ipads not on me. So if anyone has updated to the latest version on their Ipad, are there
    any issues with Zeeon like this? I'm not going to update my Ipad to the latest studiomux till I find out if anythings been messed up or not.