Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FL Studio Mobile Updated

Comments

• edited January 2018

I can think of a load of stuff I would have preferred them to spend the time on than a supersaw

Still loads missing from Version 2

• can use this app with other like aum or other hosts as IAA?

• edited January 2018

10 new "bass drum ..." kick samples... :o impressed

• I’m a Fruity user from way back (and I do appreciate the lifetime free updates, if I ever go back to desktop) but have not been tempted to try the mobile version.

Lawks, just realised how long back ... 15+ years, surely that isn’t right? That ... must ... mean ... I’m ... old ... Nooooooo!

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I’m a Fruity user from way back (and I do appreciate the lifetime free updates, if I ever go back to desktop) but have not been tempted to try the mobile version.

Lawks, just realised how long back ... 15+ years, surely that isn’t right? That ... must ... mean ... I’m ... old ... Nooooooo!

I know that feeling :D I bought Fruity Loops v1 ... I tried the old and new versions of FLSM, the old one was OK, but clunky..this new one is full of promise but has limits with syncing to external gear that makes it pretty much unusable for me...As @BiancaNeve says they seem to be concentrating on the wrong stuff....
    I have it, and the promise of lifetime updates with it means I'll just keep it until such time that it becomes what I'm sure they want it to be.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    I’m a Fruity user from way back (and I do appreciate the lifetime free updates, if I ever go back to desktop) but have not been tempted to try the mobile version.

I know that feeling :D I bought Fruity Loops v1 ... I tried the old and new versions of FLSM, the old one was OK, but clunky..this new one is full of promise but has limits with syncing to external gear that makes it pretty much unusable for me...As @BiancaNeve says they seem to be concentrating on the wrong stuff....
    I have it, and the promise of lifetime updates with it means I'll just keep it until such time that it becomes what I'm sure they want it to be.

FL Studio will update itself for free 3 years ahead of my daughter, it’s a scary thought ... I need a lie down.

• The new synth sounds quite good - more versatile than I'd thought.

• The new synth sounds really nice. IAA support is wonky at times. As a standalone app, while it needs some polish, I like the workflow and the way it sounds. I have suggested to them that they look into supporting AU and get away from IAA.

• edited January 2018

@MAtrixplan said:
    can use this app with other like aum or other hosts as IAA?

Yes, works nicely as a synth module in AUM for example.

Sound design capabilities in FLSM 3 are quite amazing, given the rack system. A single track’s synth can be any number or combination of DirectWave (loaded with a user sample, or preset) stacked with SuperSaw, MiniSynth, GSM, Transistor Bass, and any fx, in any order, with automation lanes for all synth and fx parameters

• @Littlewoodg said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Sound design capabilities in FLSM 3 are quite amazing, given the rack system. A single track’s synth can be any number or combination of DirectWave (loaded with a user sample, or preset) stacked with SuperSaw, MiniSynth, GSM, Transistor Bass, and any fx, in any order, with automation lanes for all synth and fx parameters

Indeed this is one of the things they got very right, and not available anywhere else.

• This app has so much potential. Like bm3 it just left so much stuff out. Hope to see much improvement on it in the future.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Indeed this is one of the things they got very right, and not available anywhere else.

Any daw that can be used as an IAA generator can be used like this. You can only get one stereo output from flm3

• @BiancaNeve said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Any daw that can be used as an IAA generator can be used like this. You can only get one stereo output from flm3

Yes when hosted externally true....FLM however lets you do this internally

• @AndyPlankton said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MAtrixplan said:

And, for me, the workflow within FLSM is much smoother.

• @anickt said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MAtrixplan said:

And, for me, the workflow within FLSM is much smoother.

Yeah I like the app overall, the only real problem I have with it is that I cannot sync it with external hardware.

• edited January 2018

@BiancaNeve said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Yes of course, in fact the marvelous AUM does this with any and all of your AUs or IAAs, even stacking DAWs as IAA generators with them...

I should’ve posted the two notes seperately-

the rack thing isn’t something I use with FLSM as an IAA, I use the rack feature when I’m using FLSM standalone as a DAW. It’s one of the few DAWs that allows this supersynth building into a single track while allowing you to build other supersynth tracks, Sunvox, and AUM are the other ones I can think of, and FLSM does it far easier.

@anickt
    Yep the workflow, in rack building, (and every other way), is incredibly smooth and rapid.

• edited January 2018

How about a little techno Bach to start your morning, or continue your day, or end your evening (globally speaking)? I seem to like the new Supersaw synth. The two Supersaws (lead/Default patch and bass/Bass Hoover) are played with my EWI4000s wind controller.

• @bigcatrik said:
    How about a little techno Bach to start your morning, or continue your day, or end your evening (globally speaking)? I seem to like the new Supersaw synth. The two Supersaws (lead/Default patch and bass/Bass Hoover) are played with my EWI4000s wind controller.

B)

• @anickt said:

@bigcatrik said:

B)

A fun good morning. That’ll get the campers out of their bunks!

• On my iPhone SE, this new update seems to have caused FLM3 to have fallen victim to the iOS 11 dead-edges-of-screen problem. You can't play the white keys close to their ends, and therefore can't trigger notes of more than medium velocity. You can enlarge the keys of course, so that the dead edge area comprises less of the total key surface, but it doesn't eliminate the problem. Or you can activate the double keyboard and use the upper keyboard which won't be afflicted - but I like to use the double keyboard and play both, so that workaround sucks for me.

It definitely wasn't this bad before the new update.

This is, I think, the third app whose control surface has become semi-unusable because of Apple reserving the screen edges for those damn swipe gestures.

• (I realize these are SE small screen problems but c'mon!)

• Takes a little longer to load for me with the latest update, I get about 8 seconds of black screen before it loads, even after restarting my Air2, more of an observation than a complaint since I really dont use FL Studio much. IAA and Audiobus have been problematic for me since version 3, I think they should just go with audio unit support. Right now I think it's a pretty good app if you just use the internal sounds. Im surprised they havent added a good sampler yet, I know updates are free but they could add it as an IAP.

• @Strizbiz said:
    Takes a little longer to load for me with the latest update, I get about 8 seconds of black screen before it loads, even after restarting my Air2, more of an observation than a complaint since I really dont use FL Studio much. IAA and Audiobus have been problematic for me since version 3, I think they should just go with audio unit support. Right now I think it's a pretty good app if you just use the internal sounds. Im surprised they havent added a good sampler yet, I know updates are free but they could add it as an IAP.

It would be great if they put in a wav editor...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Strizbiz said:
    Takes a little longer to load for me with the latest update, I get about 8 seconds of black screen before it loads, even after restarting my Air2, more of an observation than a complaint since I really dont use FL Studio much. IAA and Audiobus have been problematic for me since version 3, I think they should just go with audio unit support. Right now I think it's a pretty good app if you just use the internal sounds. Im surprised they havent added a good sampler yet, I know updates are free but they could add it as an IAP.

It would be great if they put in a wav editor...

Those things are on the “to do”... ;)

• @bigcatrik said:

We all need Bach, just for the musical hygiene of his music :smile:
    Someone said that, dunno who, can’t remember. Short time memory just shorted :smile:

• @Strizbiz said:
    Takes a little longer to load for me with the latest update, I get about 8 seconds of black screen before it loads, even after restarting my Air2,

That's odd. My Mini 2 loads it as quickly as ever.

• hAVE tHEY decided to just forgo sample editing?

• Which expansion packs are most important to get?

• @kobamoto said:
    hAVE tHEY decided to just forgo sample editing?

It’s on the to-do list

• edited January 2018

Here's another one using only the Supersaw synth and 909 drums, a "Rave Bit" this time. The bass is "Arp Woods" (oh yeah, it has an arpeggiator built in) and the lead is "Bass Hoover" (yes, the lead is a bass preset) with extra distortion added in the FX section. The bass was clicked in in the piano roll and the lead was played on the on-screen keyboard (no EWI this time, I was sitting in a cafe).