Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Argh, should i keep my midi guitar?

So i recently put my guitar modded with midi mic for sell and found a buyer for it who would pay good price for it(i would make almost 100€ + roland microcube profit selling). However now that i have been playing with it after a long time, im starting to doubt selling it. Not only is it much easier for me to come up with melodies on guitar than keys(and first noodling with guitar and translating how to play with keys makes me forget what i wanted to do), but i know that it would be next to impossible to find anything like it, especially for the price i paid.. I could use the money, but dont want to regret selling it.

I know the answer is to sell if i prefer money over it. Im just ranting and hoping someone would say something for me to make that decision :#

Comments

• Don’t do it

• @papastank said:
    Don’t do it

+1 you’ll regret it

• Don’t sell it mate. The more melodies you make with it, the closer you get to a new hit. Cheers.

• If the money you get is just going to sit in the bank keep it.

If the money is going to stop the kids begging on the street sell it.

• @ToMess I don't think you need another opinion here but a question: did you install the fishman triple play? How is the tracking relative to MIDI guitar 2 app?

• I guess ill play with it some more today when i get home from work and try to make decisions. I could use the money, but more money will come, these kind of guitars wont..

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @ToMess I don't think you need another opinion here but a question: did you install the fishman triple play? How is the tracking relative to MIDI guitar 2 app?

Its not fisherman mic, but roland diy kit + gr-30 synth/midirouting thing. I have tried these apps and they dont track well enough to be useful, except maybe for some simple basslines. Roland on the other hand tracks quite well and fast(i have installed 08 string set in A-tuning, which i can transpose for better tracking), biggest thing is that it easily triggers twice, like really short extra hit(usually 1semitone lower).

• I just bought the Midi Guitar 2 plugin for mac & pc, it tracks really well imho, and the bass version tracks pretty well as can be expected (down to a low G on the E string anyway). Seems the pc/mac version tracks better then ios version afaict

• I thought Midi Guitar 2 worked great, but everything I tried other than that app was pretty lame. Never tried the hardware pickup stuff though, but if it is that good and works the best for you creatively, then you should definitely keep it.

• Have you looked at the Artiphon?

https://artiphon.com

• Its not eating anything...

I have been looking at getting a Jamstik+ for some time, for the same reason you want to keep your setup.

• edited January 2018

It’s nice to have.

I have a Roland guitar synth that I don’t need. I used it playing support for Nazareth in the early 2000s. I needed fat B3 sounds, but had no keyboardist. But I’ve hurt a hand so badly I can’t play long stretches anymore. I’m more like a guitarist Emeritus :smile:

FREE GIFT:

If anyone wants it, you can have it for the price of postage and packing.
    It would just make me happy if someone could make use of it.
    Pickup included.

• @Kühl Woah... I'd love one of those. Where are you located?
    Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

• Okay so i was leaning more and more for not selling, then i found out that if i press one button while powering it, it will filter out small hits and make tracking better and boy did it make a difference. No more double triggering and in general much more reliable. Hell no im selling this :D

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

I have a Roland guitar synth that I don’t need. I used it playing support for Nazareth in the early 2000s. I needed fat B3 sounds, but had no keyboardist. But I’ve hurt a hand so badly I can’t play long stretches anymore. I’m more like a guitarist Emeritus :smile:

FREE GIFT:

Pickup included.

Wow thats generous :o Hope it finds a good home.

Note to who ever will be the new owner; if you want to play external synhs with it, press patch - button while powering it

• I had a few midi guitar systems years ago including the gr-33 but always felt they were poor in terms of onboard sounds and tracking so sold them. Keyboard synths do synth a lot better than guitar .. which is what got me interested in synths in the first place.
    However I recently picked up a BOSS SE-70 half rack effects unit from the 90s which has a really good synth patch on it that can get close to the Pat Metheny Roland GR-300 sound without a midi setup needed and reasonable tracking.

• @ToMess said:
    Okay so i was leaning more and more for not selling, then i found out that if i press one button while powering it, it will filter out small hits and make tracking better and boy did it make a difference. No more double triggering and in general much more reliable. Hell no im selling this :D

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

FREE GIFT:

Pickup included.

Wow thats generous :o Hope it finds a good home.

Note to who ever will be the new owner; if you want to play external synhs with it, press patch - button while powering it

I loved this synth too. until I had to hang my axe on the wall, and re-educating myself as a composer. I wouldn’t do me any good having it hanging around me anymore.

A new guitarist could do miracles with it, I’m an anarchist, so I see the value of giving it away as bigger than the money I would get from selling it :smile:

• @Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

I have a Roland guitar synth that I don’t need. I used it playing support for Nazareth in the early 2000s.

You played with Nazareth? :astonished:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

I have a Roland guitar synth that I don’t need. I used it playing support for Nazareth in the early 2000s.

I played in thei4 support band on tour

• @Kühl said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

Dude! Was it as awesome as my mind is imagining it? :hushed:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

You know he was messin' with a son of a bitch!

• @JeffChasteen said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

Hair of the Dog! :sunglasses:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

I played in thei4 support band on tour> @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

Dan had the same vocal quality as in the 70s :smile: It sounded like his vocal cords were gone through an egg divider (don’t know if that’s the right term)
    It was awesome to meet them. Two from the original band, and the son of the drummer, as far as I remember. When they played Hair of The Dog, it was awesome. For me, only comparable to standing in front of the Stage when Dylan played Mr Tambourine Man. That time I burst into tears.

I’ve also worked in radio for over 25 years, so I’ve had 5he privilege to interview and meet a bunch of rock celebs. That’s how I’ve landed most of these gigs :smiley:
    My favourite time was hanging out and drinking with Nine Below Zero (english blues band)
    Or when the guitarist of Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me lessons in Sweet Home Alabama, on air actually. That was memorable

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Kühl said:
    It’s nice to have.

Hair of the Dog! :sunglasses:

By the way, I had a band called Bad Indians in the 2000s.
    It was mainly a Hendrix, SRV act we played. It’s every guitarists dream to play Little Wing with lots of smoke and flames :)