Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poison-202 update to v2.2 - random!

Very nice it is too! Random!!! :smiley:

The new random button is only in standalone/IAA but any new presets you save are available to AU. Would be great if it could be added to AU.

Comments

• edited January 2018

Thanks @jimpavloff !

Random is AWESOME!

• nice :) hope random is put in the AU gui next.

• One question still occurs, how the hell does this man manage to update both Poison 202 and Groove Rider GR-16?
    GR-16 has been updated eight times (8) on three weeks...!

And, the quality of Mr. Pavloffs apps is world class!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    One question still occurs, how the hell does this man manage to update both Poison 202 and Groove Rider GR-16?
    GR-16 has been updated eight times (8) on three weeks...!

And, the quality of Mr. Pavloffs apps is world class!

Indeed!

• edited January 2018

Guess we'll see the random button in the AUv3 soon :)

• I propose that all synths and similar systems must from henceforth forward have in addition to and not excluding the aforementioned (for it is he) also a slider or knob or variable control labelled “sensible” at one end and “silly” at the other extreme of the inherent continuum.

• @Samu said:

Guess we'll see the random button in the AUv3 soon :)

oh great :D

• @u0421793 said:
    I propose that all synths and similar systems must from henceforth forward have in addition to and not excluding the aforementioned (for it is he) also a slider or knob or variable control labelled “sensible” at one end and “silly” at the other extreme of the inherent continuum.

Twould be helpful.

• edited January 2018

@u0421793 said:
    I propose that all synths and similar systems must from henceforth forward have in addition to and not excluding the aforementioned (for it is he) also a slider or knob or variable control labelled “sensible” at one end and “silly” at the other extreme of the inherent continuum.

See LFO controlled pitch ;)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@u0421793 said:

Indeed – especially with a suitable amount of delay (Roland MC-202/SH-09 terminology) or fade (Poison 202 terminology). Don’t go insanely fast with the LFO, go frighteningly slow, but with a ridiculously large girth, none of which is apparent at first note-on, but if you hold it down to past the LFO delay (or fade) it will cause people to run in fear.

• @u0421793 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@u0421793 said:

Indeed – especially with a suitable amount of delay (Roland MC-202/SH-09 terminology) or fade (Poison 202 terminology). Don’t go insanely fast with the LFO, go frighteningly slow, but with a ridiculously large girth, none of which is apparent at first note-on, but if you hold it down to past the LFO delay (or fade) it will cause people to run in fear.

Yes of course and make sure the Filter Resonance is set to 100%. In fact, for best results, set everything to 100% with all keys pressed down on "Tetratonic" scale mode.

• I read somewhere that @jakoB_haQ demonstrated how to create a killer 808 bass patch with Poison 202. Anyone know how to find this?

• @realdavidai said:
    I read somewhere that @jakoB_haQ demonstrated how to create a killer 808 bass patch with Poison 202. Anyone know how to find this?

Maybe that one?

• edited January 2018

It’s great that it now has a Random facility, but if I find something I like and want to save, but I already have a User patch open, how do I save to a blank (Init) patch? Pressing Write saves it to the current user preset, which just overwrote one of my previously saved patches (and there is no undo). I have to say I don’t like that saving method, too easy to overwrite something.

• @PhilW said:
    It’s great that it now has a Random facility, but if I find something I like and want to save, but I already have a User patch open, how do I save to a blank (Init) patch? Pressing Write saves it to the current user preset, which just overwrote one of my previously saved patches (and there is no undo). I have to say I don’t like that saving method, too easy to overwrite something.

When you have something you like, press ’copy’ on the patch page, go to a new empty slot and hit tap ’copy’ again to paste it. Tap ’rename’ to give it a new nape and tap ’write’ to save it. I know not super smooth but it works...

• @Samu said:

@PhilW said:

When you have something you like, press ’copy’ on the patch page, go to a new empty slot and hit tap ’copy’ again to paste it. Tap ’rename’ to give it a new nape and tap ’write’ to save it. I know not super smooth but it works...

Ah, great - thanks!

• my favorite way to make synth presets!

• @Samu said:

@realdavidai said:
    I read somewhere that @jakoB_haQ demonstrated how to create a killer 808 bass patch with Poison 202. Anyone know how to find this?

Maybe that one?

Thanks!

• Please make the arpeggiator on/off toggle setting part of the preset info

• @MikeyP said:
    Please make the arpeggiator on/off toggle setting part of the preset info

Arpegiator on/off and arpegiator type (there are a few of them)... taken a step further a dedicated arpeggiator page where we could program in a custom pattern and do all that other scale specific in stuff like octave range etc. Also chords???

• Where is the random button located in the standalone interface?

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Where is the random button located in the standalone interface?

Found it:

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

Absolute classic, very happy this is being kept alive. One of the best.

• There’s a bunch of new presets, plus better preset browser and tags which make this great app, even better.

• I think that there may be a bug with the oscillator pitch knob in AU: I can't seem to make precise adjustments; for example setting it to +12. It's the only knob behaving like this for me, and the standalone version works fine. I tried in NS2 and AUM, iPad and iPhone. Can anyone confirm before I report this to Jim?

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I think that there may be a bug with the oscillator pitch knob in AU: I can't seem to make precise adjustments; for example setting it to +12. It's the only knob behaving like this for me, and the standalone version works fine. I tried in NS2 and AUM, iPad and iPhone. Can anyone confirm before I report this to Jim?

There is definitely some weirdness in the pitch knob behavior. Tested the AU in AUM and BM3.

I can set it to +12, but with a lot of effort. Like going to the max position and very slowly coming back to +12.

• @branis thanks, I'll report it then