Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Quick Tip Loop Recording

2»

Comments

• @fattigman said:
    Great tutorial. I just made a feature request in the aum forum for an option to enter how many bars you want to record. If you play an instrument you don’t want to tap the record button to stop recording, you want aum to know when to stop.

There is an AUM forum? :o :o :o

I thought, THIS forum is the central point of community and support for any and all musical iOS Apps ;)

• @gmslayton said:
    @YannisHatzi I think that is one of the Holy Grail app wishes at the moment. We have so many amazing loopers but they usually do not coincide with our production kind of workflow, especially inside of AUM. I am messing around with Quantiloop some more and I think it can hold its on as a loop solution.

We had several new Apps now that can handle and change and convert and manipulate and record and loop MIDI.

Anything that would fill the gap of that Holy Grail App?

• edited April 2019

@tja said:

@gmslayton said:
    @YannisHatzi I think that is one of the Holy Grail app wishes at the moment. We have so many amazing loopers but they usually do not coincide with our production kind of workflow, especially inside of AUM. I am messing around with Quantiloop some more and I think it can hold its on as a loop solution.

We had several new Apps now that can handle and change and convert and manipulate and record and loop MIDI.

Unfortunately I returned my 10.5 pro back to Apple and got a refund. I changed 3 replacement devices and hardware issues didn't stop occuring.
    Now I am searching for a hardware sampler and waiting feedback for the iPad Air performance. I might go for that since I already bought quite a few audio apps. I was quite unlucky :/

• @YannisHatzi said:

@tja said:

@gmslayton said:

Unfortunately I returned my 10.5 pro back to Apple and got a refund. I changed 3 replacement devices and problems didn't stop occuring.
    Now I am searching for a hardware sampler and waiting feedback for the iPad Air performance status... because I already bought quite a few audio apps. I was quite unlucky :/

I am both happy with my iPad Pro's 9.7 and 12.9 2017!
    I am considering the new Air as possible replacement for the 9.7

• Hello folks, please excuse me here. I’ve watched the vid above a couple of times and see how to start the loop recording in sync but I cannot figure out how to stop AUM recording once 8 bars have passed. My efforts so far just keep recording and so I have to edit the recording in cubasis. Am I being a numpty?

• @rud said:
    Hello folks, please excuse me here. I’ve watched the vid above a couple of times and see how to start the loop recording in sync but I cannot figure out how to stop AUM recording once 8 bars have passed. My efforts so far just keep recording and so I have to edit the recording in cubasis. Am I being a numpty?

When you are recording, tap the recording icon at the top of AUM and recording will end at the end of the next sync quantum.

• @espiegel123 once again, thank you. You put your quantum in, your quantum out, you do your loop recording and export it out 👍

• @TheAudioDabbler Thanks so much. Very useful.

• @rud said:
    @espiegel123 once again, thank you. You put your quantum in, your quantum out, you do your loop recording and export it out 👍

😄 Thats what it’s all about.

• @robosardine said:

@rud said:
    @espiegel123 once again, thank you. You put your quantum in, your quantum out, you do your loop recording and export it out 👍

😄 Thats what it’s all about.

You forgot the hokey pokey, and turn yourself around part 😛

• @robosardine 😁 indeed!
    @Intrepolicious i actually googled the Hokey Cokey to see if our American fiends would get the reference and found that it’s a Hokey Pokey!
    That’s two things I’ve learnt today due to the forum! 🤘

• edited April 2023

Awesome