Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your feedback please: forum search

2»

Comments

• tjatja
    edited June 2019

Now, currently something is wrong with either the forum, DDG or my iPad Safari.

Searching for "FabFilter equalizer" gave this, which seems to open DDG but not use any search term at all.

EDIT: May come from my 1Blocker X App

• edited June 2019

I have been searching for seven decades. I doubt I’ll find it under a duck. But, by all means, keep at it.

• @Michael The internal search gives single postings, not topics!
    This is the main problem.

You normally want to search for topics, not postings.

• @Michael : I have found DuckDuckGo to be very hit and miss. It seems like I have more luck by going to google and prefacing my search with site:forum.audiob.us but I haven't been scientific in my comparisons.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Michael : I have found DuckDuckGo to be very hit and miss. It seems like I have more luck by going to google and prefacing my search with site:forum.audiob.us but I haven't been scientific in my comparisons.

I just tried all three methods and only Google found something that was posted this week.
    Really hard to beat Google on search. Creating wrapper around the Google URL syntax might be a good idea.

• Isn't there a reason we should prefer DuckDuckGo for privacy concerns around tracking our history of searches and selling the data? I can't imagine hosting a search business without selling something to someone.

• @McD said:
    Isn't there a reason we should prefer DuckDuckGo for privacy concerns around tracking our history of searches and selling the data? I can't imagine hosting a search business without selling something to someone.

Definitely.
    And I don't even think that a usable native search algorithm is that difficult to build.

• edited June 2019

@theartwebreathe said:
    When trying to search for something in this forum, I've had the best luck using google's site search, ie:

site:forum.audiob.us "search term here"

The forum's built in search couldn't handle multiple word searches, ( "cubasis auv3" would return results with either "cubasis" OR "auv3", not with BOTH)

The duck duck go search seems to do a poor job of prioritizing newer results.

When I really need to find the answer, I'll use the above ^ google site search. When I'm fishing for answers duckduckgo or the built in search will suffice. Want specific - use google. Want paths less taken - try duckduckgo or built-in. All are valid options + all are needed.

• @tja said:

Searching for "FabFilter equalizer" gave this, which seems to open DDG but not use any search term at all.

Right you are - Vanilla changed some stuff and broke my tweak. Fixed now.

@espiegel123 said:
    @Michael : I have found DuckDuckGo to be very hit and miss. It seems like I have more luck by going to google and prefacing my search with site:forum.audiob.us but I haven't been scientific in my comparisons.

Yeah, you're right. It's crap. I started using it a while ago instead of Google, and then realised I'd wasted an hour trying to find an answer to a question I had using it, after on a whim I tried Google and got the answer on the first result. I've since gone back to Google.

I've just changed the search back to Google too - bugger it =)

Sadly, no one working on Vanilla's managed to get search to work right yet.

• @Michael said:

@tja said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yeah, you're right. It's crap. I started using it a while ago instead of Google, and then realised I'd wasted an hour trying to find an answer to a question I had using it, after on a whim I tried Google and got the answer on the first result. I've since gone back to Google.

Tx!

• @Michael said:

@tja said:

@espiegel123 said:

Great! Thanks! I have never even once found what I wanted with Duck Duck, and have been going straight to Google. Much better. 👍