Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad glitches with Animoog and every other app

Hi
I've been experiencing problems when playing Animoog on its own, as part of a session in AUM. Actually the problem is also in AUM and other music apps, which I don't recall, whenever there is interaction with the screen. Searching on the web, I think something similar has been described with typing on the screen. I've made a soft reset (pressing home on/off buttons). It helps only momentarily.

I'm on an iPad mini 4 128GB from 2017 with iOS 11.2.2.
CPU overload (with just Animoog and Xynthesizr running in AUM)? Screen bug? Ocassional use of the extended Camera connection kit (the one with the USB and the lightning stick)?

Any of you have experienced something similar?
I'm still on the process of deciding whether or not to go all in for ipad music? Apps are great, cheap and making music is easy enough but this unreliability makes me in doubt.

Comments

• edited January 2018

@tiantong said:
    Hi
    I've been experiencing problems when playing Animoog on its own, as part of a session in AUM. Actually the problem is also in AUM and other music apps, which I don't recall, whenever there is interaction with the screen. Searching on the web, I think something similar has been described with typing on the screen. I've made a soft reset (pressing home on/off buttons). It helps only momentarily.

CPU overload (with just Animoog and Xynthesizr running in AUM)? Screen bug? Ocassional use of the extended Camera connection kit (the one with the USB and the lightning stick)?

I'm still on the process of deciding whether or not to go all in for ipad music? Apps are great, cheap and making music is easy enough but this unreliability makes me in doubt.

Tiantong

I am also new to the IPAD market and as you have indicated with deciding to go all in, I am at the same point and actually starting to look at other options. There is a thread I started related to DSP Spikes 11.2.2. So far I find the experience a little frustrating, and platform unreliable, however love the concept of using IPAD and the quality of these developers applications. Its a pity, because its there, but with spikes and constant interruptions kills the creativite juice for me. BTW I am on a new IPAD latest Gen. There is a trend in the other thread that indicates a UI screen over Audio resource preference issue and not a hardware issue, thus folks are thinking its in Apple's court at this point. I have not given up yet and in a way its a great experience for my son and I to troubleshoot and learn this platform and apps together. But I am also thinking if I should go all in or not....

• @StMichaels said:

@tiantong said:
    Hi

Tiantong

I am also new to the IPAD market and as you have indicated with deciding to go all in, I am at the same point and actually starting to look at other options. There is a thread I started related to DSP Spikes 11.2.2. So far I find the experience a little frustrating, and platform unreliable, however love the concept of using IPAD and the quality of these developers applications. Its a pity, because its there, but with spikes and constant interruptions kills the creativite juice for me. BTW I am on a new IPAD latest Gen. There is a trend in the other thread that indicates a UI screen over Audio resource preference issue and not a hardware issue, thus folks are thinking its in Apple's court at this point. I have not given up yet and in a way its a great experience for my son and I to troubleshoot and learn this platform and apps together. But I am also thinking if I should go all in or not....

I wouldn’t call iOS platform unreliable for music. There’s simply a lot of trial and error and downright fiddling involved in getting it stage worthy and solid.

• @supadom said:

@StMichaels said:

@tiantong said:
    Hi

Tiantong

I wouldn’t call iOS platform unreliable for music. There’s simply a lot of trial and error and downright fiddling involved in getting it stage worthy and solid.

You are correct Supadom, I probably used the wrong word to express where I was coming from. Its not unreliable but has glitches here and there. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Guys I truly recommend looking up Brambos Battery thread. There were tons of great iPad tweak suggestions that made a huge difference with cpu spikes. In a bit she’ll the biggest culprit was Siri. It has been really embedded in the background Processes. I went in settings and one app at a time disabled Siri. Disabled background stuff, but not just disabled it, you must lock the darn thing in restrictions in settings. There you must specify to lock certain things from retaking effect again. Once I did all these things my Air 1 not only got a new life, it actually felt like a new iPad. I’ve been blessed with a new iPad2017 and will redo all these changes in settings to ensure I get the most stable cpu processing and stop all unnecessary background junk!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys I truly recommend looking up Brambos Battery thread. There were tons of great iPad tweak suggestions that made a huge difference with cpu spikes. In a bit she’ll the biggest culprit was Siri. It has been really embedded in the background Processes. I went in settings and one app at a time disabled Siri. Disabled background stuff, but not just disabled it, you must lock the darn thing in restrictions in settings. There you must specify to lock certain things from retaking effect again. Once I did all these things my Air 1 not only got a new life, it actually felt like a new iPad. I’ve been blessed with a new iPad2017 and will redo all these changes in settings to ensure I get the most stable cpu processing and stop all unnecessary background junk!

What did you lock down in restrictions? My air 1 definitely is slow, even with Siri completely disabled

• Closing as duplicate of https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24068/experience-dsp-spikes-ios-11-2-2#latest - just to keep this discussion manageable

This discussion has been closed.