Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT-iPad Restore Question

Wen one does a restore do I have re download all the apps again? I thought The backup had saved the whole thing. Please advise. I did a backup with iTunes and one with iMazing. I restored with iTunes.

Comments

• iMazing is the better app, at least with version two. However, you can only restore with it if you’ve actually bought the app, and unlocked such features.

As for your existing restore. Once you did the deed, your iPad should, automatically, have begun to download the latest versions of all your apps. If this did not happen, then something went wrong and you should try again.

Once all apps are updated, you can begin the laborious process of going through them one by one to restore previous purchases, which is not automatic for some reason best known to Apple.

Good luck.

• Thnks @Zen210507 !

Weird thing is that when I backed up this morning all my apps were up to date. Syntronik is the biggest one. I really hope I don’t have to redownload the whole thing again.

@Zen210507 said:
    iMazing is the better app, at least with version two. However, you can only restore with it if you’ve actually bought the app, and unlocked such features.

As for your existing restore. Once you did the deed, your iPad should, automatically, have begun to download the latest versions of all your apps. If this did not happen, then something went wrong and you should try again.

Once all apps are updated, you can begin the laborious process of going through them one by one to restore previous purchases, which is not automatic for some reason best known to Apple.

Good luck.

• A backup, I think, will only take the basic app and your personal data. Well, most of it. Some things with the ‘orrible iTunes, never get backed up. Every time I’ve done this, the system insists on downloading everything. But restoring one by one is what takes an age.

• I've done a few restores with iTunes lately. It always backs up everything and seems to be a 2 stage thing. First you get a progress bar, then the ipad starts asks you for Internet connection and apple id after which it restores all of the apps.

The IAPs need to be restored manually within apps. Also stuff like loopy bindings. I'm not sure about the midi connection settings but I've been recalling audiobus presets and using those as a sort of backup for settings of all the apps involved.

• edited January 2018

Are you sure the backup contains all your apps?
    I'm almost sure that it only contains all the apps' data, but not the apps themselves.
    In other words, if you intend to keep a certain app version for the future, a backup won't save you from downloading the app with iTunes too.
    I guess that Apple thinks that the latest version of an app is the only good one.
    I also guess that Apple thinks that if an app has been deleted from the App Store, you wouldn't want to use it anyway.

• @rs2000 said:
    Are you sure the backup contains all your apps?
    I'm almost sure that it only contains all the apps' data, but not the apps themselves.
    In other words, if you intend to keep a certain app version for the future, a backup won't save you from downloading the app with iTunes too.
    I guess that Apple thinks that the latest version of an app is the only good one.
    I also guess that Apple thinks that if an app has been deleted from the App Store, you wouldn't want to use it anyway.

I remember there being a splash screen asking whether I wanted to save apps with the backup. It hasn’t happened to me (the splash screen) in a while though so maybe it is stored somewhere in my preferences.

I can’t be certain whether the apps get pulled off the cloud or the pc but I do agree to back up separately if an old version of an app is required. The mobile applications folder contains all of the IAPs. The important ones should thereafter be stored in a different folder and installed using ifunbox. I do that with Turnado and Anytune these days.