Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s Jakob been up to?

So Jacob just sent out a video to his Patrons, apologizing for the lack of videos and explaining that he’s been working very hard on some new videos for a mystery project announcing next week.

Is it an exciting new app coming to NAMM like Reason for IOS? Figure8, an update to his beloved Figure? Maybe it’s the mythical Samplr2?

Let the speculation begin!

Comments

• Plectrum 2 - This Time It’s Recordable

• Either that, or our man @jakoB_haQ is secretly going through burn out and didn’t wanna tell anybody. Trust me, burn out happens to the best of us, whether musician, youtuber, or both. It happened to Matt from BlipInteractive when he pushed himself too hard to try and finish Nanostudio 2. Either way,, whenever Jakob comes back, I’ve no doubt what we’ll see will be incredible. :)

• Hope he was making some more of his great Dub or DnB tracks. I really enjoy Jakob’s music.

• @CracklePot said:
    Hope he was making some more of his great Dub or DnB tracks. I really enjoy Jakob’s music.

Same.

• Auxy: We blow the doors off
    NS2: The quickening
    What else?

• edited January 2018

Jakob Haq has been transforming, ISTM, from an amiable alternate reviewer to Doug, and a person who did in-depth reviews.

These days, he seems to be more hardware oriented, and more tightly focussed on his own music. I miss the more in-depth and varied stuff, but good luck to him, anyway. :)

• My money is on Propellerheads or Novation

• NS2 gets my vote

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RJB said:
    So Jacob just sent out a video to his Patrons, apologizing for the lack of videos and explaining that he’s been working very hard on some new videos for a mystery project announcing next week.

Is it an exciting new app coming to NAMM like Reason for IOS? Figure8, an update to his beloved Figure? Maybe it’s the mythical Samplr2?

Let the speculation begin!

I don’t think it would be Samplr 2. I’ve never seen Jakob use it. I actually asked him a few years ago about why no Samplr vids and he said the app just didn’t suit his workflow.

Also doubt NanoStudio 2. For the same reason that I’ve never seen a NanoStudio vid by Jakob.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Modstep2 ?

This. Since he made the tutorials for the first one it's not exactly unreasonable to expect he's making videos for the new version.

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Could be something related to ModStep too?
    In due time we'll see what it's all about :)

• @CracklePot said:
    Hope he was making some more of his great Dub or DnB tracks. I really enjoy Jakob’s music.

haha, that would be in deed a really cool surprise. I asked him for christmas more dnb related stuff :) In one vid he tells he really enjoys producing dnb for himself.
    But 40 Minutes sounds like a in DEPTH footage for something really complex. I am excited.

• Propellerhead Reason Mobile for iOS - the first music app that will cost more than 100 dollar, and, will be groundbreakin’ (my own wishes though)...

• edited January 2018

I’d definitely guess at Modstep 2.

Here’s a tweet from Mr Haq...

Does the timeline hint suggest 24/1? In time for NAMM?

• edited January 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

lol. it definitely looks like he's hinting at modstep.

• edited January 2018

maybe he is filming movie.. like real one, some scifi about future where people make music using apps implanted to their brains and some hacker (played by @jakoB_haQ himself) reveals truth that all those people are actuay mind-controlled by cloned Hans Zimmer !

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Either that, or our man @jakoB_haQ is secretly going through burn out and didn’t wanna tell anybody. Trust me, burn out happens to the best of us, whether musician, youtuber, or both. It happened to Matt from BlipInteractive when he pushed himself too hard to try and finish Nanostudio 2. Either way,, whenever Jakob comes back, I’ve no doubt what we’ll see will be incredible. :)

Jakob, burn out? Nah, that man has seen the bottom and is on his way onwards and upwards.

I miss his vids but I respect his need to focus on the task at hand and deliver quality content.

• Something new from Korg ? I’m sure I remember a vlog from Jakob not too long ago where he met with Korg developers, perhaps that was a kick off meeting ? Perhaps I’m remembering wrong ? Perhaps the two are unrelated ?

• Samplr2 would be awesome. Reason for iOS is worth getting g excited about sure, but Caustic is pretty good already.

• edited January 2018

Jakob is from Sweden, Propellerheads are from Sweden too.. so from this point of view iReason doesn’t sound too unrealistic.. 40 minutes of video clearly shows it is something VERY deep and complex.. IF it is Reason, then i guess we are maybe 2-3 months, not more, before release.. Or, in total optimistic scenario, video will be released together with app ayt 1.2. :)) !

Although, do not believe that iReason is closer than 1-2 years from now - if i good remember they searched iOS developer to join their team spring last lear, so don’t think (until they did’t hired 10 developers on this project:)) it will be ready a anytime soon

...of course just my speculations..

• As long as it has an inbuilt sequencer- I’ll be happy. I don’t think it will be anything from Korg or Novation. Maybe an app from Roland?- it’s about time they appeared on the scene. If it is Reason mobile I would be delighted. That would team up well with Grooverider I think. Can’t wait to find out.

• edited January 2018

I heard he was traveling the Borderlands with a company of itinerant Shakespearen players, starring as Puck in A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

• It’s gotta be a product demo, no doubt about it. Jakob’s done official product demos for ModStep before, so I’m assuming this is for ModStep 2. ;)

• edited January 2018

i’m in doubt that modstep2 will have soo much new features that it will be enough for 40min+ video... no, this will be almost for sure something completely new..

• @dendy said:
    i’m in doubt that modstep2 would have soo much new features that it will be enpugh for 40min+ video... no, this will be almost for sure something completely new..

Maybe Nanostudio 2? Okay, fine, I’ll cave. I hope it’s Reason, and I hope it’s not some subscription-based nonsense (unless they lump in 1TB universal cloud storage to sweeten the pot).

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

lol. it definitely looks like he's hinting at modstep.

That is absolutely Modstep, and with audio. Clip-launching audio! Ableton for iOS, basically!!
    (Hang on, let me take another hit of this stuff....)

• I think we're doing his job well for him, hope he appreciates the hype :)