Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Youtube strikes again!

edited January 2018 in Other

Breaking monetization for a whole crowd of small channels because of the errors of one of their biggest channels!

Comments

• The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. The sooner YouTube gets serious competition, the better.

• Hey, did you hear there is a new "Off-topic" category on the forum? SPREAD THE WORD!

• Yeah @theconnactic you should change the location of your post from “general” to “off-topic” mate. ;)

• We had a conversation about it over the weekend in case you weren’t around. You can lose the OT and just stick it in the off topic section.

• @Zen210507 said:
    The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. The sooner YouTube gets serious competition, the better.

How can there be though? Google is running YouTube (remember: free unlimited HD uploads) at a loss just on the hope that at some point down the line it will make money, no one knows how. Google can do this, no one else can.

• @SealTeamSick said:
    ... no one knows how. Google can do this, no one else can.

>

Eh? Everyone knows, Google make vast sums from advertising, and selling on data they collect from our searches. Well, not me personally, as I search via Duck Duck Go.

• Eh? Everyone knows, Google make vast sums from advertising, and selling on data they collect from our searches. Well, not me personally, as I search via Duck Duck Go.

But not from YouTube specifically. Your comment was about competition. So, again, what’s the business model? Apple is the only other company that could afford to run another YouTube and even they don’t bother to try.

• even Apple cannot afford it, because their business model isn't advertisement ;)
    YT reveals valuable information about a user to Google, that's why they run it.

• So, again, what’s the business model?
    >

Same as YouTube, but fairer to punters and without the enforced political bias.

• @Telefunky said:
    even Apple cannot afford it, because their business model isn't advertisement ;)

This.

• YouTube remains the greatest and deepest educational resource I’ve ever encountered. It has its problems but I’m glad it’s still around

• @realdavidai said:
    YouTube remains the greatest and deepest educational resource I’ve ever encountered. It has its problems but I’m glad it’s still around

Exactly, it’s on the level of a public utility at this point. But that’s precisely why it and huge social networks like Facebook could just literally be public utilities that we all pay for collectively. Also things like Uber for that matter…

Sorry, this violates the no politics thing right?

• edited January 2018

I used to enjoy YouTube for the Star Wars fan theories. Now I watch it for the The Last Jedi rant criticisms.

• @Telefunky said:
    even Apple cannot afford it, because their business model isn't advertisement ;)

"even Apple cannot afford it"

Um. Not so.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/04/23/apple-inc-could-soon-compete-with-spacex-but-not-h.aspx

Actually, the move is politically related prior to upcoming US elections IMHO.