Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Latest status

I was wondering what the latest status is with audiobus. My understanding was something like 25 developers were initially provided with the sdk, which I guess has probably been reached now. Is there a second wave of selected developers who have the sdk now? And are Michael and Sebastian getting close to feeling comfortable enough to release the sdk out to anyone whose interested (I'm not a developer by the way, simply wondering how things stand at the minute).

Comments

• We're still discussing internally if we should publish a roadmap or some sort of manifesto of what we're trying to achieve with Audiobus (this year). So far we haven't decided yet. The main problem with a clear roadmap is that if we reach every milestone, everyone already knew already what we were going to do. If we don't, then people are going to be disappointed. From that perspective we don't have much to gain.

I can say however that we're making good progress.

• ooh good answer.

• Thanks Sebastian, I guess what I was trying to gauge was should we expect the same level of apps supporting audiobus over the next month that we have seen in the first month, or should we expect it to slow down a little?

• Just keep doing what you guys are doing!!