Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonestack AU3 coming and Galileo Mac

Great news. Forget bias 2. I talked to Jessica at yonac and got this tasty bit of news

Hi

"We’re planning a big ToneStack update later this year. It will definitely have AU, but we’re not sure how we’re gonna add it on yet. On a developer’s note, it’s super hard to add AU to an existing app, but very easy to include it in a new app. So we’ll have to figure that out."

"We’re working on a big Galileo Organ update right now. We’ve never released anything for the Mac, but we’re hoping Galileo Organ is our first. If that goes well, we’ll hopefully have ToneStack for Mac, too (after the huge update)"

!!!!

Comments

• edited January 2018

I also asked about a native in App IR loader and here's the dialogue

Jessie:
    "Last I checked, the IR loader thing was just not possible with current CPU power on devices. Well definitely look at and consider it again."

I said
    On the subject of IR loaders I've gotten to finddlecator to run wonderfuly smooth within tonestack as an IAA. Doesnt seem to be a power issue it's more that IAA is buggy and lack of native IR support means it can't be saved as a preset and is apt to crash. Maybe take a look at finddlecator for future ideas. They limit the length of the IR file so it's really only good cab responses not IR reverb or other stuff.

Jessie:
    "Yeah, we’ll check that stuff out. You can let people know that we’re doing a big organ update/project and a big ToneStack update this year. I don’t have any more details yet, because I’m not sure exactly how everything will work out. But definitely AU3."

• I want Galileo as an au

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I want Galileo as an au

This a thousand times.

• Now THIS has me excited. I've said elsewhere I'd happily pony up some $ if ToneStack goes AUv3.

• Great news!

• later. this. year.

I almost wish I never knew. :'(

• I hope like heck my small investment in Tonestack doesn't get wiped out by a new app. I've only just upgraded to Motherload 3.0.

• @fprintf said:
    I hope like heck my small investment in Tonestack doesn't get wiped out by a new app. I've only just upgraded to Motherload 3.0.

I’m hopeful they will figure something out for existing motherloaders so we won’t feel disadvantaged.

• @Munibeast said:

@fprintf said:
    I hope like heck my small investment in Tonestack doesn't get wiped out by a new app. I've only just upgraded to Motherload 3.0.

I’m hopeful they will figure something out for existing motherloaders so we won’t feel disadvantaged.

They have always offered an upgrade path for existing users

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Munibeast said:

@fprintf said:

They have always offered an upgrade path for existing users

Yep, unless they have been bought out by the Illuminati there will be a fair deal on offer for the faithful.

• edited January 2018

It's just Jim and Jessie yonac managing it and they said update not bias 2 ;)

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    It's just Jim and Jessie yonac managing it and they said update not bias 2 ;)

Awesome! Yonac are doing it the right way by always providing an upgrade path and not requiring new purchases. That always bothered me about Positive Grid with every new app being a standalone price with no incentive for existing customers.

I have been, and am a very happy Yonac customer with many instabuys over the years - the most recent being Kauldron.

• so stoked to here about this!

All i really need to be happy is an IR loader AU on iphone.

maybe ill just jailbreak so i can run ipad only apps on iphone. doesnt auria have an IR loader AU?

• G> @Briandandrig said:

so stoked to here about this!

maybe ill just jailbreak so i can run ipad only apps on iphone. doesnt auria have an IR loader AU?

Can you do that with a jailbreak? I don't think you can, but maybe it's now possible.

Still, fiddlicator works fine inside tonestack. If I remember right you want it to be part of a preset, right? I seem to remember that it wasn't an issue to do that, although it's been a while since I used it.

• All great news!

• @Briandandrig said:

Don't. That ipad to iphone hack works terribly. The UI never shows up properly (partially off screen) and most audio apps crash

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:

@Briandandrig said:

Don't. That ipad to iphone hack works terribly. The UI never shows up properly (partially off screen) and most audio apps crash

lol guessing you tried it? I guess i will have to figure out how to live with the iphone only stuff. its not that bad.

• @Briandandrig said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

@Briandandrig said:

lol guessing you tried it? I guess i will have to figure out how to live with the iphone only stuff. its not that bad.

So have you tried fiddlicator inside tonestack? They both work fine on iphone.

• Finddlecator has worked fine for me in tonestack also I think the cabs sound good. You just need to mix n match and move mics a bit +room reverb.

• I have tried Fiddlicator and rooms. Rooms seems better but lacks presets/midi.

Fiddlicator seems to not always worked.

Something happened today when I loaded both Fiddlicator and rooms in the chain to switch between the two and see which was better. I had Fiddlicator then rooms then a tonestack cab. I played a file and had fid on first then shut it off and turned on rooms and then shut it off and turned on the cab. Just comparisons. Get back to turn on Fiddlicator and it cut the sound. It had ejected itself.
    Same with rooms. I don't know why but they shit themselves off sometimes. It happens if they're loaded in aum sometimes too.

Really would love to see a dedicated guitar cab product on iOS similar to two notes wall of sound

• AU hosting or app as an AU FX?

I would guess at AU hosting most likely as it currently has IAA hosting. Personally I would prefer to be able to use the fx as AU FX, so hope my guess is wrong.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    AU hosting or app as an AU FX?

I would guess at AU hosting most likely as it currently has IAA hosting. Personally I would prefer to be able to use the fx as AU FX, so hope my guess is wrong.

Both ideally... So you could encorporate 3rd party fx into a tonestack fx chain and tweak the chain from within one ui and save all as one tonestack preset....

Would be nice for use when inside an au host like BM3. But is this even possible? AU within AU?

• Rooms just had an update yesterday that says you can use MIDI to change presets once you purchase an IAP..

• @yowza said:
    Rooms just had an update yesterday that says you can use MIDI to change presets once you purchase an IAP..

wow that is certainly exciting.

• @yowza said:
    Rooms just had an update yesterday that says you can use MIDI to change presets once you purchase an IAP..

hopefully one of these convolution reverbs will come out as an AU3

• wow Rooms just took the lead.

• edited April 2018

Only just noticed this... Tonestack as an Audio Unit! I’m drooling!! Wonder if the timelines are any clearer now than they were in January? Great move Yonac :)

• Well, I heard the Galileo bit will happen first, so once that is completed ....