Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

User Not Found

Another Ep track. Slowly building epic chill thing made with Samplr, Ravenscroft piano, Korg Odyssei, funk/soft drummer, mixed in Auria, video edited w LumaFusion

Comments

• Dude! This is great! Quality iOS production here!
    Really enjoyed it. The video felt a bit like an upcoming spielberg production or something like this "Inside Avatar" in a theatre near you ;-)

• Lovely sounds, and great rendering. Mandelbulber?

• I always like your stuff, but this is something special.

• Very cool!

• Easily the best Elvis Presley cover I’ve heard all day.

• Beauty...!

• @RedSkyLullaby Quality stuff. And perfect as is. BUT I'd still love to hear Linton Kwesi Johnson telling an interstellar bedtime story over it as well :) Really good work.

• edited January 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RedSkyLullaby Quality stuff. And perfect as is. BUT I'd still love to hear Linton Kwesi Johnson telling an interstellar bedtime story over it as well :) Really good work.

>

Love the sound of that, in my head. Or even John Cooper Clarke.

• Amazing. Fantastic track.

• Thanks everyone, glad people are liking it

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RedSkyLullaby Quality stuff. And perfect as is. BUT I'd still love to hear Linton Kwesi Johnson telling an interstellar bedtime story over it as well :) Really good work.

That's not bad idea, Like LKJ. Spent many younger hours listening to LKJ in dub

• @RedSkyLullaby you’re one of the premier preset creators around and I’ve dug your songs when I hear them...but as @ExAsperis99 said this song, and I feel it’s a SONG not just a “track”, is superb.

Everything worked well & compliments the other sounds. Around 1:45 when the brushed snare starts to propel the elements it sounded like a group of musicians playing together...and in our one man band world of iOS music that’s one of the highest compliments I can think of.

The melody & solo elements heading into the sections around 2:50-3:00 were so cool & melodic. The steady vocal sample melodies giving way to the harmonica sounding flourishes near the end were so well done.

The music is brilliant, and the CGI visuals were a perfect compliment to it. Great stuff...

• That. was. amazing. :o

• @JRSIV said:
    The music is brilliant, and the CGI visuals were a perfect compliment to it. Great stuff...

>

Bit of credit for the bloke who does the visuals, which I’m sure RSL would agree with.

julius-horsthuis.com/

• @Zen210507 said:

@JRSIV said:

>

Bit of credit for the bloke who does the visuals, which I’m sure RSL would agree with.

julius-horsthuis.com/

Yeah I saw his name at the end of the video when I first saw it & Googled it. Amazing stuff! I have never heard of him but he’s brilliant...

• edited January 2018

@JRSIV said:
    Yeah I saw his name at the end of the video when I first saw it & Googled it. Amazing stuff! I have never heard of him but he’s brilliant...

>

Indeed. We have the Madelbulber program, and have dabbled with it quite successfully in 2D, but would hope to master 3D fly though renders, for a future track. It’s like exploring a new universe.

• @Zen210507 said:

@JRSIV said:

>

Indeed. We have the Madelbulber program, and have dabbled with it quite successfully in 2D, but would hope to master 3D fly though renders, for a future track. It’s like exploring a new universe.

Mandelbulber 3d is a huge rabbit hole, I am scared to go too far down. The basics are pretty easy but you need a decent computer and alot of render time to make the fly through vids. Julius does some amazing stuff with it morphing in other elements/lighting effects too

• edited January 2018

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Mandelbulber 3d is a huge rabbit hole, I am scared to go too far down. The basics are pretty easy but you need a decent computer and alot of render time to make the fly through vids. Julius does some amazing stuff with it morphing in other elements/lighting effects too

>

For sure.

I have the required gear, as a PC, and that works well, but as you say, everything takes time. Just tried it on the Mac, only to find the latest version says it cannot open some files, and so has just one form to work with. Arghhhh. The IOS version is little more than a toy.

I am highly impressed with what Julius has done - works so well with your lovely music - and really want to get to grips with this, if I can and render something spectacular to accompany one of our own efforts.

• @Zen210507 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

>

For sure.

I have the required gear, as a PC, and that works well, but as you say, everything takes time. Just tried it on the Mac, only to find the latest version says it cannot open some files, and so has just one form to work with. Arghhhh. The IOS version is little more than a toy.

I am highly impressed with what Julius has done - works so well with your lovely music - and really want to get to grips with this, if I can and render something spectacular to accompany one of our own efforts.

He did a tutorial here that shows his process

Don Whitaker also has some nice tutorials

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Another Ep track. Slowly building epic chill thing made with Samplr, Ravenscroft piano, Korg Odyssei, funk/soft drummer, mixed in Auria, video edited w LumaFusion

Fantastic work! Inspiring!

• edited January 2018

@RedSkyLullaby said:

>

Thanks. All good stuff from people with brains at least the size of planets! :)

Here’s a still from a thing RTM are doing, which to give readers of this thread an idea, took about 7 minutes to render on an i7 cpu with 16gb ram and 2gb graphics card. So you can imagine how long a fly through will take.

• @Zen210507 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

>

Thanks. All good stuff from people with brains at least the size of planets! :)

Here’s a still from a thing RTM are doing, which to give readers of this thread an idea, took about 7 minutes to render on an i7 cpu with 16gb ram and 2gb graphics card. So you can imagine how long a fly through will take.

Yep 7 mins a frame x 30 frames per second x 3 or 4 mins can take week or so to render

• edited January 2018

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Yep 7 mins a frame x 30 frames per second x 3 or 4 mins can take week or so to render

>

Hampered by numeric dyslexia, I may well have ballsed this up, but at the moment my revised estimate for a 4 minute animation, at 30fps, taking 6 min per frame is coming out at a more reasonable 12 hours.

BTW, do you have Mandelbulber working on a Mac? If so, which version? The latest beta will not play for me. :'(

• @Zen210507 said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

>

Hampered by numeric dyslexia, I may well have ballsed this up, but at the moment my revised estimate for a 4 minute animation, at 30fps, taking 6 min per frame is coming out at a more reasonable 12 hours.

BTW, do you have Mandelbulber working on a Mac? If so, which version? The latest beta will not play for me. :'(

I have not got it on my mac at moment, not used it for a while, too much of a time hole temptation