Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rename/Delete 'old' iOS Midi Ports?

edited January 2018 in General App Discussion

Hi All!

Recently I updated the firmware of my UR242 and after the update iOS 'thinks' it's a new device and thus it creates a new Midi Port for it leaving the old one in place...

The dilemma is that every time I plug-in the device I get two inputs & outputs even though the device only has one in & out. Only the last one 'dubbed' 2 is working and I'm pretty sure after the next firmware update it will be 'dubbed' 3...

On the desktop this us easy to fix, just go to Audio Midi setup and delete the old one, problem solved.

On iOS however there seems to be no way to 'manage' attached devices (rename ports or remove devices) or is there?
(Since I've not prior to firmware update attached the UR242 to my iPhone it shows up as 1 in & Out, but on the iPad where I used it prior to firmware update I have two in & out ports).

To my knowledge the only way to 'remove' the old port is to re-install the iOS device from scratch as the 'backup' keeps track of the installed devices so 'restoring' from a backup brings the problem back...

Since iOS is quite 'locked' the only solution I can think of is to jail-break the device and delete midi-related *.plist files and restart the iPad. Unfortunately I don't have a working jailbreak for iOS11.2.2...

iOS really needs more 'advanced' settings to deal with attached hardware...

Cheers!
/Samuel

Comments

• edited January 2018

If it's the same as the midi ports with the iConnectaudio if you "reset all settings" this clears the ports from iOS but keeps all your files etc. You have the inconvenience of having to re-add your router password and reapply your general settings but this should work.

But yes, maybe one day we'll get an audio and midi settings page in the settings :)

• @Carnbot said:
    If it's the same as the midi ports with the iConnectaudio if you "reset all settings" this clears the ports from iOS but keeps all your files etc. You have the inconvenience of having to re-add your router password and reapply your general settings but this should work.

But yes, maybe one day we'll get an audio and midi settings page in the settings :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that at some point but not now...

I'm pretty sure it's just a *.plist file that needs to be deleted but since I'm not 'jailbroken' at the moment it's a no can do :(

iOS needs a 'power user mode' for sure :)