Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

knob job... Survey.... most modulated knobs??

2»

Comments

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Momentarily dialling in a bit of bit crush into a nice delay is often nice. In the right track.

This was the kind of impenetrable advice my long-dead brother-in-law would tell my fifteen year old self when I was about to go out on an early attempt at a date.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Paulinko said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Paulinko said:
    The BitWiz app can use variables you can control via MIDI. If you modulate those variables in your equations and then run the audio from BitWiz through effect apps using those same modulation sources you can utilize BitWiz in ways that will be more in sync with other apps while still being able to incorporate the long, complex, and variable wave sequences BitWiz is capable of producing. An AU version of BitWiz would really provide additional fodder for these setups in a way that's relatively resource efficient. An AU version of BitWiz that output MIDI notes/CC would provide a very rich source of complex oscillators as alternatives to the traditional saw/triangle/sin/square offerings. @j_liljedahl please make it so.

Imagine if you will, chaining BitWiz AU instances to BitWiz MIDI AU instances along with other AU apps in an AUM setup?

Great ideas. I hope I'll find the time to make a BitWiz AU in the future, yes.

Thank you for your consideration and updating BitWiz to 64 bits. FYI BitWiz still doesn’t load automatically in AUM after the first attempt at loading it. I know you have a back log of apps to consider as well as other projects so I hope you’re able to sort through your stack of work and eventually have time for additional BitWiz apps.

Hmm, can you explain a bit more? It loads fine here, both first and second attempt.

One additional function for BitWiz would be a way to be able to do a setup with MIDI to control BitWiz sequences which would switch between equations (e.g. monophonically, users could assign MIDI notes to trigger an equation).

Yeah, perhaps like a sample pad but with equations on each pad. That's a great idea for the future AU :)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Paulinko said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Paulinko said:
    The BitWiz app can use variables you can control via MIDI. If you modulate those variables in your equations and then run the audio from BitWiz through effect apps using those same modulation sources you can utilize BitWiz in ways that will be more in sync with other apps while still being able to incorporate the long, complex, and variable wave sequences BitWiz is capable of producing. An AU version of BitWiz would really provide additional fodder for these setups in a way that's relatively resource efficient. An AU version of BitWiz that output MIDI notes/CC would provide a very rich source of complex oscillators as alternatives to the traditional saw/triangle/sin/square offerings. @j_liljedahl please make it so.

Imagine if you will, chaining BitWiz AU instances to BitWiz MIDI AU instances along with other AU apps in an AUM setup?

Great ideas. I hope I'll find the time to make a BitWiz AU in the future, yes.

Thank you for your consideration and updating BitWiz to 64 bits. FYI BitWiz still doesn’t load automatically in AUM after the first attempt at loading it. I know you have a back log of apps to consider as well as other projects so I hope you’re able to sort through your stack of work and eventually have time for additional BitWiz apps.

Hmm, can you explain a bit more? It loads fine here, both first and second attempt.

One additional function for BitWiz would be a way to be able to do a setup with MIDI to control BitWiz sequences which would switch between equations (e.g. monophonically, users could assign MIDI notes to trigger an equation).

Yeah, perhaps like a sample pad but with equations on each pad. That's a great idea for the future AU :)

I’m on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 11.2.2 and the latest versions of AUM and BitWiz. The problem with BitWiz not loading the first time is it can prevent MIDI connections from being established when you go to reload them in AUM.

• Did you terminate BitWiz fully before loading it? (Swiping it out of the multitask view)

• Pitch of hard-synced oscillator.

• @Paulinko said:

I am fascinated by Bitwiz but don't know what to do with it other than make drones. If it could be turned into a playable instrument that would be awesome.