Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another octatrack fed by gadget video

Love this workflow. Complete song on chaise lounge at kid’s swim team. Export to auria pro and process each track, export to octatrack. Setup patterns and scenes. Perform song. Rinse, repeat.

Comments

• Great workflow / nice setup / good stuff!

• Love your work man. Great stuff

• Nice jam. Can I ask what is supporting your phone clamp .. top upper third ?

• @vpich you are making music that highlights the potential & flexibility of iOS Music Production without going so "experimental" and progressive that it starts to sound like an alien D-side.

The groove & melody were so cool, really some nice transitions going on there. I love taking an idea from one app, filtering it in through another, then ending up on my "main" mixing/DAW app Auria Pro with a track that could not have been created on Auria alone.

You extending that workflow even further with the Octatrack is very inspiring brother. Well done...

• @enc said:
    Nice jam. Can I ask what is supporting your phone clamp .. top upper third ?

J
    Here is another picture. It is a round bottom boom mic stand with a gooseneck. If you want to know which phone clamp let me know and i’ll look it up in my amazon orders. I had the mic base lyimg around, takes up less real estate so it’s easier to position on a desk.

• @Proppa said:
    Great workflow / nice setup / good stuff!

@echoopera

Thanks guys!

• @JRSIV said:
    @vpich you are making music that highlights the potential & flexibility of iOS Music Production without going so "experimental" and progressive that it starts to sound like an alien D-side.

The groove & melody were so cool, really some nice transitions going on there. I love taking an idea from one app, filtering it in through another, then ending up on my "main" mixing/DAW app Auria Pro with a track that could not have been created on Auria alone.

You extending that workflow even further with the Octatrack is very inspiring brother. Well done...

I appreciate that! I only make music i like, which unfortunately falls in a small niche. Some extra alien d-side would definitely get me more listeners,...if i could stomach it.

And yeah stuff like this would be hella hard to recreate. Setting up scenes and patterns on the octatrack makes for great transitioning fun plus i forget to add some, bring in something in the wrong moment, etc. Happy mistakes. I practice a couple of times before i setup but i hit record and just go. Very different workflow than i am used to (sitting and tweaking automations and mixes for ever). Lots of fun
    For my next video i’m going to host everything in auria and sequence it with the octatrack, that way i keep the individual tracks and use some more ios synths.

• @vpich said:

@enc said:

J
    Here is another picture. It is a round bottom boom mic stand with a gooseneck. If you want to know which phone clamp let me know and i’ll look it up in my amazon orders. I had the mic base lyimg around, takes up less real estate so it’s easier to position on a desk.

Cheers fella. I actually have a phone clamp already. Nice idea with the goose neck.

• @enc said:

@vpich said:

@enc said:

J

Cheers fella. I actually have a phone clamp already. Nice idea with the goose neck.

Yeah. Took it from an old pop filter

• This is my gadget session. No automation or fx (other than the internal synth fx). Setup like usual for this type of performance. 2 main parts and 1 breakdown part.

• Bilbao is one of been interested in but never got.. is it worth it?

• @AlvinGreen said:
    Bilbao is one of been interested in but never got.. is it worth it?

Definitely. Probably most important iap (for me). I never use recife or london (except this one time where i consciously used some synths i never use).