Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam Synth

For some reason our apple reviewer wanted to see a video of our app in use with a guitar (maybe they don't have one), so we threw together a very low quality video that demonstrates the wackiness of a guitar synth in action:

This video gives you a good idea of the latency you can expect because you can also hear the strings on the guitar. It will be $0.99 for a limited time! I have a bunch of promo codes for anyone here who plays guitar.

Comments

• edited November 2013

I'll take one :)

Edit: Of course it is only $0.99 and I would rather support a dev so I'll pass

• Nice! AB compatible too?

• edited November 2013

What @jmsexton said. Nice work!

• Sounds great...I'll demo this..

• Is this yet in the store? I cannot find it.

• Cool! Guitar is the instrument I play! :-)

• I'd love to get a promo code since I don't start my new job at Amazon.com until next sunday, money is tight for me at the moment, but like @jmsexton said it is only .99 when it's in store.

• Loving the sexy bedroom stylings. This app looks great - reminds me of some hardware I saw at a music tech fair years ago which cost over £500. This price seems far more accessible :-)

If enough people buy it, will you make your bed?

• Sounds great! Would love a promo code if you have any left! Guitar is my main instrument and I am always looking for new sounds! :)

• edited November 2013

Well, if you have another code I wouldn't mind testing your app with my instruments. At $0.99 I would probably buy it too except I have to use gift cards and now I'm down to €0.81.
    Is that a universal app or iPad only?

• Universal. The video was enough to convince apple that it works with a guitar and they approved it today: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jam-synth/id732618765?ls=1&mt=8

I'm gathering promo codes for people now! Although it is meant for guitar, you can sing into it if you have a good microphone and an interface for your pad pods for hilarious results. The built in mic on the pads and pods doesn't work that well so I'd recommend a real mic if you're going to do this.

• congrats @dreamless. purchased.

• edited November 2013

Question, I don't own a guitar, does this work in the effects slot? And if not, can it so I could use it with apps like Guitarism and Pearl Guitar?

Congrats!

• im also interested in a promo, guitar is my main instrument.thank you.

• It doesn't work in the effects slot. I could add this though. It is really meant for audio input directly from guitar pickups and sounds pretty good when stacked with other guitar apps on the AB input. If the signal was passed through other apps before it got to Jam Synth it wouldn't work very well. Do you sing? Many people who tested it seemed to be more interested in singing into it for laughs, much to my dismay. "It's for guitar!" I would say lol.

• Hmmm I wonder how it would sound if you ran a guitar app through Jam Synth in the effects slot...I could beta test for you if you want

• @dreamless definitely consider the fx slot! Even if it wasn't how you planned it, folks may come up with interesting ways to use it. Check out doug's voice synth demo as example - certainly not what the dev had in mind. http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2388/video-drumjam-running-through-voice-synth-vocoded-drums-very-cool

• I'm a guitarist as well, and always looking to get some crazy sounds. Would love a promo code, if you're still in the giving mood!

• Promo codes sent!

• Any left @dreamless? I'd like one too.

• Nah, bollocks to promo codes - it's less than a quid. Definitely supporting this one!

• I already bought it, so I don't need it anyway.

• I'll go along with the group here as well. Purchased my own copy, no need for a promo code. Looks great.

• edited November 2013

Thanks everyone. I sent the promo codes, but I think I posted them on your user profiles instead of sending a private message. Look at conversations on your profiles, if you already bought it then maybe you could pass the code along to any guitarists you know that don't come here.

Looks like you have to look at your profile and go to the activity tab and scroll down. If you happened to buy it could you leave a review? It helps! Jam Synth is more significant for us than our previous app because it is unique and offers a long lost guitar effect that hasn't been used by many guitarists because the pedals and rack systems are so expensive. iOS has allowed us to create one with many more features than a pedal for a dang low price.

• Thanks for the code. I have passed it along to one of my fellow guitarists. I'll be leaving a review tonight. Thanks again!

• Thanks for the code! I'll check the app out! :-)

• edited November 2013

Ehhh, why are all promocodes visible under activity??????
    That cant be right!?

• It was to publicly shame those who wouldn't spend 99 cents to try out an app. Shame, shame, shame. ;-)

I busted open my piggybank and paid the money for this. And I think it was a dollar well spent. I haven't had time to mess around with the MIDI yet, but even without MIDI it is worth the money. It reminds me of the EH guitar synth pedals. The bass sounds in particular are quite fun.

• Thanks for the code @dreamless. I'll pass it on to a friend. Hoping to play with the app and leave a review today.