Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An infinite reverb - Freezeverb

Comments

• Eos2 has an infinite reverb setting also :)

• So it does. Title edited. Thanks.

• I think DDMF Envelope does as well (turning off exponential decay so that it becomes linear).

As ever, I am curious how they all match up. I guess I just need to eventually buy them all!...

• The difference being, as far as I can tell, is that the app infinitely extends a frozen moment of reverb, as opposed to continuing the effect as a track progresses.

• @Zen210507 said:
    The difference being, as far as I can tell, is that the app infinitely extends a frozen moment of reverb, as opposed to continuing the effect as a track progresses.

That seems interesting, might need to get it

• There are also freezeverbs to be found in Turnado and ToneStack

• Every time I see this thread, I immediately think of infinitive verbs.

• edited January 2018

Does anyone know if one can freeze and unfreeze with a MIDI controller in AUM? @DavidFS

• @Munibeast said:
    Does anyone know if one can freeze and unfreeze with a MIDI controller in AUM? @DavidFS

Not sure, but someone on FB said that Magellan has an FX Reverb that you can freeze and unfreeze via MIDI which I didn’t know. I’m sure I will be getting this one too at some point just to hear how it sounds.

• @Munibeast said:

The parameters don't respond to specific MIDI CC messages by default but perhaps you could set something up in a host. I don't know how AUM handles it off the top of my head but I've had the parameters mapped to MIDI in BM3 using the macro controls.

• @DavidFS said:

@Munibeast said:

The parameters don't respond to specific MIDI CC messages by default but perhaps you could set something up in a host. I don't know how AUM handles it off the top of my head but I've had the parameters mapped to MIDI in BM3 using the macro controls.

@gusgranite said:

@Munibeast said:

Not sure, but someone on FB said that Magellan has an FX Reverb that you can freeze and unfreeze via MIDI which I didn’t know. I’m sure I will be getting this one too at some point just to hear how it sounds.

Hmmm. Doesn’t sound very convincing, surely it would have to respond to some particular cc or have some Midi learn implementation in place.

• @Munibeast said:

@DavidFS said:

@Munibeast said:

@gusgranite said:

@Munibeast said:

Hmmm. Doesn’t sound very convincing, surely it would have to respond to some particular cc or have some Midi learn implementation in place.

Not really, a BM3 macro assigns to AU parameters, then itself is assigned a MIDI CC, so even if plugins don't directly support MIDI CC, they actually do via Macros.

• @Samplemunch said:

@Munibeast said:

@DavidFS said:

@Munibeast said:

@gusgranite said:

@Munibeast said:

Not really, a BM3 macro assigns to AU parameters, then itself is assigned a MIDI CC, so even if plugins don't directly support MIDI CC, they actually do via Macros.

Exactly, if the AU app exposes their parameters, you can send MIDI sources to AUM's MIDI Control which can enable you to perform similar control. The LFOs in Rozeta can be very useful in this capacity.

• So it should be possible to assign a cc or note to the freeze button through AUM‘s Midi control?

• edited January 2018

@Munibeast said:
    So it should be possible to assign a cc or note to the freeze button through AUM‘s Midi control?

Yes - bear with us momentarily though, we discovered a bug earlier today, which means that the parameters aren't showing in AUM currently. We have the fix and will release the update asap. In the mean time, the parameters are showing in other hosts, so if you have an alternative host you'll be able to set up the Midi connection there instead.

• @DavidFS said:

@Munibeast said:
    So it should be possible to assign a cc or note to the freeze button through AUM‘s Midi control?

Yes - bear with us momentarily though, we discovered a bug earlier today, which means that the parameters aren't showing in AUM currently. We have the fix and will release the update asap. In the mean time, the parameters are showing in other hosts, so if you have an alternative host you'll be able to set up the Midi connection there instead.

Okay thanks, I’m mainly using AUM at the moment.

• edited January 2018

@Munibeast said:

@DavidFS said:

@Munibeast said:

Okay thanks, I’m mainly using AUM at the moment.

FS FreezeVerb v1.1.0 has been released today. You should now be able to assign MIDI controls to the FreezeVerb parameters in AUM, including the freeze mode on/off parameter.

• Woo hoo awesome thanks

• Expecting the same for AudioBus as well!