Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Well, thank you YouTube....new requirements for monetisation

Just got this from YouTube, seriously I think YouTube is really messed up at the moment...

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, your YouTube channel, KlaatuNinja, is no longer eligible for monetisation because it does not meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. As a result, your channel will lose access to all monetisation tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program on 20 February 2018 unless you surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Accordingly, this email serves as 30 days notice that your YouTube Partner Program terms are terminated

Now I don’t earn much, but it feels like a slap in the face....I don’t think I’ll get another 461 subs in 30 days....

I really think that the good days are over on YouTube....

Comments

• Oohh that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I reckon that’s going to hit a lot of niche-subject video producers around these parts.. :|

• Bummer, you have my subscription, hope you get there.

• Sorry to hear this, YouTube may be digging their own grave by shafting too many small but loyal YouTubers and their followers.

• Man, that is unbelievably weak. Way to go, google.

• If it’s going to lose you money could you not set up a ton of fake accounts and subs and just leave them rolling through playlists of your channel to hit the viewer hours target? Would be a tedious chore to set up. Take a few days, but if it’s important to you and you’re otherwise going to lose money maybe worth it? Once it’s done it’s done...

But yeah, not cool. These companies are getting worse every year. Getting beyond greed and ambitions of influence now. Slowly shaping the landscape of the world in whichever way lines their pockets best. And gradually removing the ‘even playing field’ element of online that made it cooler than the historic ‘record label or bust’ reality. Facebook, YouTube, soundcloud etc...They’re the new megacorp labels and news. Sickening really to see them do stuff like this...

Good luck getting the subs you need dude!

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Bummer, you have my subscription, hope you get there.

Add me too :wink:

Now on solutions:

• Set a blog (maybe you have one) with a landing page with call to action.
    • Set a patreon and something like bandcamp
    • Copyright those material you want to sell (I recommend cdbaby since they manage multiple platforms like spotify but also those who provide Youtube friendly music service)
    • Sell that material to youtubers and fans throught that mentioned platform (and others) and monetize it even if you don’t upload a video.
    • Don’t Copyright all those other material you want to share for love (but copyleft it or someone will stole it and Copyright it)
    • Setup a Vimeo account (there are other platforms too...
      https://javiermanzaneque.com/sitios-para-subir-videos-a-internet/

• Create your content and place it besides the above strategy.

• Sent me some money when you get richter :wink:
    • Don’t let the crap of social media vibe down you, talk with friends and see there are still possibilities to rearrange your passion without lossing income (maybe increase and then I wait your bitcoins my dear! :naughty:
    • Spread the message to infect others until the hundreth monkey and we can reload the Matrix.
    • Live in happiness and Love (I wish to you) <3
  • @Dubbylabby said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Now on solutions:

• Copyright those material you want to sell (I recommend cdbaby since they manage multiple platforms like spotify but also those who provide Youtube friendly music service)
    • Sell that material to youtubers and fans throught that mentioned platform (and others) and monetize it even if you don’t upload a video.
    • Don’t Copyright all those other material you want to share for love (but copyleft it or someone will stole it and Copyright it)

• Don’t let the crap of social media vibe down you, talk with friends and see there are still possibilities to rearrange your passion without lossing income (maybe increase and then I wait your bitcoins my dear! :naughty:
    • Spread the message to infect others until the hundreth monkey and we can reload the Matrix.

Good advice. Great Post :)

• @Iostress said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Now on solutions:

Good advice. Great Post :)

Thank me spreading the Love with me. :wink:

• @KlaatuNinja said:
    Just got this from YouTube, seriously I think YouTube is really messed up at the moment...

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, your YouTube channel, KlaatuNinja, is no longer eligible for monetisation because it does not meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. As a result, your channel will lose access to all monetisation tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program on 20 February 2018 unless you surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Accordingly, this email serves as 30 days notice that your YouTube Partner Program terms are terminated

Now I don’t earn much, but it feels like a slap in the face....I don’t think I’ll get another 461 subs in 30 days....

I had the same with Google ads and other platforms that generated revenue on my own websites. Spent years building them up to a point they provided a nice income, then the big guys tightened the screws with new ‘rules’, or stppped trading and took my commission with them, and my earnings dropped to nothing.

I gave up.

• Depending only in one external provider wasn’t the best strategy never BUT not the end of life neither :wink:
    If you have experience with web/blogs make the suggested reconversion will take some time and effort but less than setting up from zero and revenue should be maybe less but more stable (and if your webs are suitable to be patronized maybe much more than crappy google ads)

In this case to the previous guide we can add:

• Create premium content for your loyal costumers (patrons) like limited editions of whatever you do.
    • Or conscient merchandising (t-shirts, posters, vinyls, tapes...)
    • Go further and introduce 3D printing technology and create personalized merchandising for high investors patrons (which star wars fan will not want this with his own face?)

• Create network of friend blogs to improve the SEO the right way (creating content and backlinks). If you don’t have... ejem... we can be friends... :blush:

• Continue developing your passion and be part of the B2B revolution where these Corps adapt to us or will be irrelevant due blockchain technology (and bitcoin)
  • @KlaatuNinja said:

>

YouTube is now run by the Thought Police.

If an alternative were to arise, where people were allowed to express opinions that different from the people running it, and where the little guy was allowed to make a few quid, millions would jump at it,

• edited January 2018

Suscribed. 564 right now. I asked my son to suscribe as well. Good luck.

How about the amount of hours watching? Have you reached the 4,000 hours yet?

• @Iostress said:
    These companies are getting worse every year. Getting beyond greed and ambitions of influence now.

>

Agreed. They are biting the hand that feeds. YouTube is now blatantly a tool for pushing particular agendas and promoting already successful businesses. All the little guy can do is add the odd video.

As for Google, why bother using them, with their information gathering ‘we know your every move’ mentality, when we can search freely via Duck Duck Go.

• Typical!
    I only set my channel up for monetisation last night, after putting it off forever.

• Guess people could rally and setup a 4000 strong 'youtube subs/views' group.. Not much effort to setup one fake Gmail/YouTube account and use it to reciprocally sub each others legit pages.... Getting the 'hours watched' figures would be less convenient tho :/

Whole thing is quite depressing. I never hosted vids on my own channel but hate to see this stuff going down out there so often now.

Good luck to anyone that's been making some much needed $ via YouTube and now won't.

• how much does one make doing this? never looked into how it worked. what about people signing up now?

• I don't see any problems: setup your channel, establish it and call for monetisation once you've crossed the limit line.
    Google wants their ads spread more efficiently, they are business, not charity.
    @Iostress maybe 20 years ago you could fake accounts easily, but not today.
    They analyze that stuff and can tell a human from a machine - after all it's their core business ;)

• One problem is many people downloading YT videos to watch them offline later, so watching time doesn't count.

• which YT deliberately ignores as it contributes a lot to the platform's popularity
    (downloading content is way against their terms and conditions) >:)

• i love youtube but it seems to be getting more greedy over time. Content developers should be getting paid much more. Also, unless you pay for
    youtube red, there are more and more commercial breaks everyday.
    I would expect to see a similar video platform start up very soon with better pay structures for content developers, and less commercial distractions for viewers
    I think we will see you tubers jumping shipping very soon.

• @fjcblanco said:
    One problem is many people downloading YT videos to watch them offline later, so watching time doesn't count.

Guilty, I wasn't aware that it impacted the creators. Will be doing less of this in the future then.

• Damn it. I was hoping to pass 10k views in a couple of months to earn a couple of bucks but now it seems almost impossible for me. Really made me feel hopeless.

@Iostress said:
    Guess people could rally and setup a 4000 strong 'youtube subs/views' group..

This is a nice idea. At least the higher amount of subscribers would make the channels “look” more popular and maybe attract more people. Of course it all depends on the quality of the content but this kind of stuff is also important.

• Wow thats a dick move

• @KlaatuNinja i just subscribed also.
    I don't monetize at moment anyway but if anyone wants to help me limp toward 1000 subscribers and has not already https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKzwmOz4eDwMmSLW4EWsXKA

• @KlaatuNinja - Subscribed...put a direct link to your channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/KlaatuNinja) in your post to make it easier for folks....

@RedSkyLullaby - Subscribed

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    @KlaatuNinja i just subscribed also.
    I don't monetize at moment anyway but if anyone wants to help me limp toward 1000 subscribers and has not already https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKzwmOz4eDwMmSLW4EWsXKA

814th. Well Earnt. Earned? It’s late, I can’t be arsed to check.

• edited January 2018

Yup same **** here, got the email today. CDbaby will probably follow next with an email explaining the move as well hence i do all my monetisation through them.

• As a low-level YT content creator, this is really blows. I tried hard to avoid the pitfalls of cheesy self-promotion, and met the old monetization requirements (10k views) the old fashion way: by creating content. But my monetization approval has been under review for months, and now it’s apparent why. I guess I should resort to begging for subs, clickbait titles, and thumbnails featuring me making the dumbest face I possibly can? Perhaps I’ll just go find a dead body to film.

Honestly, it’s not about whatever meager amount I could make from ad revenue. It’s the gatekeeping that bothers me. Every content creator started small at some point. Let’s say I grind hard for those 1k subs - hypothetically, because at this point it’s really not worth the time I would need to invest - what’s to stop YT from deciding I now need 5k to be legitimate?

• Well it won't stop me me knocking out live jam videos and growing my audience steadily. I was never in it for the money anyway.

• I will say it again...