Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Here's 600mb+ of Free Loops I recorded from Casio/Yamaha Toy Keyboards

edited January 2018 in Other

Over the holidays, I discovered an old project I started as a kid almost 20 years ago-
Over 600+ megabytes of vintage Casio/Toy Keyboard sample loops.

As some background, I saved up my money from working after school at White Castle (a dangerously delicious burger chain) to buy a Sound Blaster 16 card. It was thrilling. The Sound Blaster transformed my family’s Windows 95 machine into a futuristic recording studio.

I used this “state-of-the-art” technology to record all the toy keyboards I owned...

https://audiokitpro.com/free-toy-casio-loops/

Comments

• Awesome! Super thanks for these :)

• Holy wow! You are awesome @analog_matt ! Thank you. You are like Santa for iOS. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, awesome! Thanks so much @analog_matt!

• That’s great! :)

• Super fun stuff.

• Thanks Matt, I love those old Yamaha's.

• It's pretending to snow here. Far too dangerous to brave Texan driving. What to do through the cold afternoon?

Toy pianos!

Thanks Mister Matt.

• Thanks. I have my PSS-460 sitting in the corner, but you seem to have gotten more use out of yours than I ever did.

• Thank you very much.

• I used to have a working Yamaha PS-3. Thankfully there are some videos for pure nostalgia :)

• thank you for sharing. I have just one question: I'm more interested in drum patterns without instruments, should I go for the full package, or for the samples at github?

• @analog_matt said:

Over the holidays, I discovered an old project I started as a kid almost 20 years ago-
    Over 600+ megabytes of vintage Casio/Toy Keyboard sample loops.

As some background, I saved up my money from working after school at White Castle (a dangerously delicious burger chain) to buy a Sound Blaster 16 card. It was thrilling. The Sound Blaster transformed my family’s Windows 95 machine into a futuristic recording studio.

I used this “state-of-the-art” technology to record all the toy keyboards I owned...

https://audiokitpro.com/free-toy-casio-loops/

White Castle...

• Thanks a lot.

• SWEET. Thank you, Matt!

Maybe add a https://spdx.org/licenses/WTFPL.html or similar to the github repo so it's clear to would-be re-distributors?

• Thanks everyone!

If you use any of these sounds in a song, I would love to hear your creation(s).

Plus, I have added an MIT License to the repo. Thank you @syrupcore for the suggestion.

• Neato, thanks! I had a series of those Yamahas back in the day.

I’ll be chucking that lot into my Dropbox.

• @analog_matt this is immense and immensely generous of you. Thank You.

• Thanks, I'll put these in my Free Sample Fodder thread so I don't lose the link.
    I had a Yamaha VSS 30 - was my first sampler, sometimes regret getting rid of it.
    I remember my first intro to synthesis was making fart sounds with first keyboards they had in music class by sweeping the Controls on one of these

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Thanks, I'll put these in my Free Sample Fodder thread so I don't lose the link.
    I had a Yamaha VSS 30 - was my first sampler, sometimes regret getting rid of it.
    I remember my first intro to synthesis was making fart sounds with first keyboards they had in music class by sweeping the Controls on one of these

I had the same model as the pic but a year earlier - PSS-460. Spent today looking for samples of it, actually.

In high school I had a band and my buddy played the 460 exclusively. Funnily enough, 20 years later he moved 2 blocks from me and we made another album together. Most of the tunes came from demos I did on the iPad. And now I'm downloading sounds from the POS keyboard I had in in high school to revel in how awful it sounds...

What a time to be alive!

• @analog_matt
    A real act of generosity, which seems to be a thing with you... :)
    Many thanks!