Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has anyone gotten ROLI lightpad to work with GeoShred???

When I pair the lightpad it shows the drum kit template. It will play sounds from GeoShred but none of the dimensional movements work ...?

Comments

• Try pressing the “mode” button on the side of the block to switch through to the note grid mode. If it doesn’t, you need to update the firmware and then possibly run the ROLI dashboard application from your computer and configure the block with the setup you want.

• I did press side button, it doesn’t change. The issue is my compute isn’t near me if I’m using the iPad ...? And what setup would I want anyway, if using with geoshred?

• roli has firmware updates pretty often. I’ll test mine out later tonight and see if it works

• I have latest firmware. It’s frustrating bc they specifically tout geoshred as an app that works with it, even having a tutorial page of how to get them to work together.

• You don’t need the computer all the time, just to initially set up the block with a good configuration. It remembers its configured state after that.

• I’ve tried a few things on it ... open to suggestions!

• @sonosaurus said:
    You don’t need the computer all the time, just to initially set up the block with a good configuration. It remembers its configured state after that.

My Seaboard Rise seems to „forget“ settings often.
    Mostly if the battery is empty but sometimes just by random too.
    Roli should indeed release an iOS Dashboard instead of another blocks pack whatever thingie.

• +1 for an IOS dashboard, you shouldn’t need a computer to configure it.

• So what’s the solution to getting these two to work together :)

• @eroxxx under global midi setting, choose roli seaboard. Works fine for me

• edited January 2018

+1 for a dashboard app on iOS.

But the Lightpad Block works in Geoshred. Here's how:

1. Turn on the Lightpad.
    2. Select Roli Seaboard in the MIDI Configurations in Geoshred.
    3. Click the Bluetooth symbol in Geoshred and connect the Lightpad. Make sure you're in the notes mode on the Lightpad.

Now for the bit you probably haven't done...

1. Click the MIDI symbol in the MIDI settings. Go to the Lightpad Block line in the inputs list. Leave Note Input selected but also click Pass Thru.

DONE!

• i have requested ios dashboard to the roli support. for those of you who want that you should request that too. roli blocks and ios is a perfect match, let them know that :smile:

• @fattigman said:
    i have requested ios dashboard to the roli support. for those of you who want that you should request that too. roli blocks and ios is a perfect match, let them know that :smile:

Did you receive an answer from. ROLI concerning iOS Dashboard?

• @teleb this is the exact answer I got: "We are actively looking to make our products accessible on as many platforms as possible, so I encourage you to stay tuned for announcements in the very near future."

• @fattigman said:
    @teleb this is the exact answer I got: "We are actively looking to make our products accessible on as many platforms as possible, so I encourage you to stay tuned for announcements in the very near future."

Many platforms, hmm...
    Might mean we're gonna see the Dashboard for Android and Linux soon. B)

Seriously, they have been adding quite a bit to Noise, so there is evidence of actual advancement.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    +1 for a dashboard app on iOS.

But the Lightpad Block works in Geoshred. Here's how:

1. Turn on the Lightpad.
    2. Select Roli Seaboard in the MIDI Configurations in Geoshred.
    3. Click the Bluetooth symbol in Geoshred and connect the Lightpad. Make sure you're in the notes mode on the Lightpad.

Now for the bit you probably haven't done...

1. Click the MIDI symbol in the MIDI settings. Go to the Lightpad Block line in the inputs list. Leave Note Input selected but also click Pass Thru.

DONE!

Thanks for the post - how do I make sure it’s in notes mode, is that what I do on the Mac app???

• On the Mac app, I set it up in notes mode, but then the geoshred app wont connect to it until I shut the lightpad off. When I turn it on again, and connect to geoshnred, it shows the drum kit again!

• Ok I got it working (not sure how) but is it the case that the layout DOESNT change when changing presets/scales in geoshred? I was kind of hoping/expecting that it would,.