Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk Church Organ IAP

I’m thinking of purchasing this. I have some of the other IAPs for Beathawk - some are great, and others could be better. Can anyone give a recommendation? Does it really have the lows of a real pipe organ? The demo track is the same as the UVI Cathedral Organ, so is the iOS version of the same quality?

Scarlet Jerry

Comments

• I don't know much that has the lows of a real pipe organ, that's a pretty massive sound. My mother has been a church organist since before I was born and I was lucky enough to be able to experience a pipe organ for many years, including standing in the "pipe room" on many occasions. Maybe that's why I became a bassist, I don't know.

But if you like the sound of the pack, why not go for it?

• edited January 2018

Like most (if not all) of Beathawks sample packs - I find this one pretty average sounding.
    They just don't inpire :(
    But what can one expect for such little money?

• @mrufino1 said:
    I don't know much that has the lows of a real pipe organ, that's a pretty massive sound. My mother has been a church organist since before I was born and I was lucky enough to be able to experience a pipe organ for many years, including standing in the "pipe room" on many occasions. Maybe that's why I became a bassist, I don't know.

I would be very interested in which pipe organ is your favorite on iOS. Have you tried many?

• @CracklePot said:

@mrufino1 said:
    I don't know much that has the lows of a real pipe organ, that's a pretty massive sound. My mother has been a church organist since before I was born and I was lucky enough to be able to experience a pipe organ for many years, including standing in the "pipe room" on many occasions. Maybe that's why I became a bassist, I don't know.

I would be very interested in which pipe organ is your favorite on iOS. Have you tried many?

I have tried none, sorry. I was saying i imagine pipe organ is a very difficult instrument to sample because there's so much to the sound. The building it is in actually becomes part of the instrument, which I think is very cool. I wonder if it's easier to model a pipe organ than sample one? I don't know the answer though. I guess it is similar to additive synthesis in the way it works.

My parents went to Vienna last year on a Mozart tour (my dad's doctorate is on mozart) and they have told me about some of the sites that they visited, including a cathedral that I think had 5 pipe organs.

Amazing instrument but I don't know much about it other than hearing it a lot growing up. This thread makes me wish I had paid better attention!

• The free Leeds Town Hall pipe organ for Kontakt has an amazing sound for a virtual instrument. The Beathawk demo sounds nice, but it SEEMS like UVI sometimes gets their demos from their orchestral library rather than the actual iOS instrument. In the case of the church organ, the demos are exactly the same. Does the iOS version really sound like the demo? How many articulations does it have?

Scarlet Jerry

• @scarletjerry said:
    The free Leeds Town Hall pipe organ for Kontakt has an amazing sound for a virtual instrument. The Beathawk demo sounds nice, but it SEEMS like UVI sometimes gets their demos from their orchestral library rather than the actual iOS instrument. In the case of the church organ, the demos are exactly the same. Does the iOS version really sound like the demo? How many articulations does it have?

Scarlet Jerry

Have you listened to the soundtestroom test of beathawks church organ. Doug just posted today on this forum.