Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2- test your psychic powers here

It’s mid January and blip interactive had explained why he had not released his NS2 already.

I think he did the honourable thing..

I’d like to offer the following prediction for the app, maybe you can share yours?

Release : March 2018
Price : £9:99 at launch, going up to £19:99 after
IAP- unlimited tracks for £4:99

It will now be released as a universal app as the dev has bought himself more time and needs the revenue from both kind of devices.

Because of the delays and even the developers almost unparalleled skill at making apps that are powerful yet don’t use much cpu at all, it will hardly need bug fixed or updates ( only for iOS updates), and it will be iOS 11 only because of AUV3 etc...

Tracks made on the app will likely need minimal mastering because of the sheer quality of the compression and eq within it.

It will be the biggest app of 2018 and take iOS music to a far different height and get massive media attention

Anyone like to add or subtract from this?

Comments

• Will be released in 2018 Q4 and require iOS12. Initially iPad only with iPhone version scheduled to Q2 2019...

• @Samu said:
    Will be released in 2018 Q4 and require iOS12. Initially iPad only with iPhone version scheduled to Q2 2019...

He has NS2 fully working on iPhone 5 dude

• It’s going to have to be something special to compete with the toys that have become available in the time it’s taking to develop it.
    I still think that it needs to be a universal app at launch for it to pick up the fan base of the original.

• edited January 2018

Matt mentioned that basically "removing limits" is one of main points of new update, so i guess it will be not IAP but base app feature. There will be IAP "audio tracks" in next update after release which is plannet to cover also universal app feature. At least that were plans in december :)

Plus another quote from forum: "The initial IAP options will be an extremely efficient convolution reverb (the base app comes with a new algorithmic reverb) and a solid set of multi-sample based patches"

i hope not .. i hope that price will be somewhere between 20 and 30 EUR, such app doesn't deserver low price tag. I want sustainable upgrades and further developement. F**k low prices, it's time to move with prices high. Also f*ck introductory prices. Developer needs $ to be able work on app improvements. We users have to stop be greedy arogant bastards, those low introductory prices are BAD habit ..

• Is there any leaked feature list available for this yet? Something similar to the info intua put out ahead of BM3 release? Be interested to get an idea of the landscape. If he's married cubasis style interface/windows with BM3 depth then I'm in.. Nanostudio was pretty fun back in the day. Dude definitely understands how to make ios screens/workflow relatively painless. Blew me away to be able to do that on a phone back then!

He should just price it accordingly. If it's as deep and solid as the £40/£50 daws then that should be reflected. If not then cheaper. Intro prices do seem to make sense on ios tho. Most people already invested time/money in other Daws so it might take that 'damn, don't wanna miss a bargain' to pull more people onboard..

• purr-chase immediately on release (not app specific)
    think it's the best thing ever
    2-3 weeks later wonder why it can't do this and can't do that
    start making requests for new features
    disappointment and frustration
    back to the beginning

alternatives
    ask Dr for some ritalin or order modafinil on darknet- limitless like focus
    get really stoned before opening any app- disappointment and frustration will not be remembered
    spend 4 yrs learning a 'real' instrument, like a violin etc-everything seems so simple compared

i've around 14 apps but at the mo i can't recall what they are, and i can't decide whether i've just wasted 4 yrs or not

• @Iostress said:
    Is there any leaked feature list available for this yet?

just this, some screenshot and descriptions .
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

plus some audio examples:

• Thanks @dendy those screenshots look promising. The take lanes are nice to see.. BM3 needs these :/

I'm pretty sorted for AU synths/drum machines and samples so I haven't checked those soundcloud links as the onboard synths aren't really what will primarily make me interested in buying this. They're just kind of a potential bonus from my POV. Interested to check out the fine print on the general daw/sequencer/sampler/resampling/modulation/timestrech kind of functions and other little goodies he's thrown in there though :)

• This will host AU right? Can't see any ref in the pics.

• @Iostress said:
    This will host AU right? Can't see any ref in the pics.

Yes it will. Matter of fact, I think it was NS2 that the developer said would have limited capability with Audiobus 2/3 as “AUs are the way into the future” or something like that.

• I guess about summer 2018.
    I think it will my mainly used iOS DAW and especially the synth is interesting for me. It looks great for creative sound design.
    Otherwise i don‘t really think it will be a game changer or the next iOS wonder. There is just so much and a single developer can‘t please all people.
    You already see it‘s hard for him and i don‘t expect it to be bug free as well since it‘s getting more complex.
    Still the ONLY iOS DAW i‘m really interested in and think it could be fun again to let the Galaxyexplorer out for a project.

• edited January 2018

You already see it‘s hard for him and i don‘t expect it to be bug free

If there is some developer with pontential to release app with just very minor bugs, then it is Matt :-) Remember NS1.. Classic question of NS1 user is "What the hell is app crash ? Never heard about it ... " :-)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Iostress said:
    This will host AU right? Can't see any ref in the pics.

Yes it will. Matter of fact, I think it was NS2 that the developer said would have limited capability with Audiobus 2/3 as “AUs are the way into the future” or something like that.

Cool, good times :)

• also comprehensive audio / midi routing, and midi in/out with very precise synchronisation was mentioned in that thread, so also integration with external HW will be not weak side of app for sure :)

• @dendy said:

You already see it‘s hard for him and i don‘t expect it to be bug free

If there is some developer with pontential to release app with just very minor bugs, then it is Matt :-) Remember NS1.. Classic question of NS1 user is "What the hell is app crash ? Never heard about it ... " :-)

Yes, but i also think it will getting a lot harder.
    I have a lot more trouble to get apps works together today than a few years ago. Put AUv3 into it and it‘s hard to say if the DAW is faulty, the AudioUnit or iOS itself.
    I‘m also not sure if he really can handle that all.
    I would be even more interested in the synth as stand alone version. Fragmentation is also growing in iOS.
    I‘m sure it will be a great app but i learned to be not too euphoric about the next best killer app :)

• @Cib said:
    I guess about summer 2018.
    I think it will my mainly used iOS DAW and especially the synth is interesting for me. It looks great for creative sound design.
    Otherwise i don‘t really think it will be a game changer or the next iOS wonder. There is just so much and a single developer can‘t please all people.
    You already see it‘s hard for him and i don‘t expect it to be bug free as well since it‘s getting more complex.
    Still the ONLY iOS DAW i‘m really interested in and think it could be fun again to let the Galaxyexplorer out for a project.

Yes please to Galaxy explorers return :)

Is your older stuff still online? Please link if so

• @dendy said:
    also comprehensive audio / midi routing, and midi in/out with very precise synchronisation was mentioned in that thread, so also integration with external HW will be not weak side of app for sure :)

Fingers crossed. Proof's in the pudding. Be interesting to see how it shapes up.

• @dendy said:

@Iostress said:

As we can hear,the app is designed to create proper stuff for the clubs

That’s quality sound design coming from someone who understands the game

Proper dnb

• edited January 2018

@Love3quency

And think about fact that everything including all drums are synthetized inside NS, using build in synth !!
    (except of last track "serpentine" where drums are samples)

There is not much such sonically capable synths on iOS, with such wide sound spectrum ..

• edited January 2018

@Love3quency said:

@dendy said:

@Iostress said:

Proper dnb

Good sound design apps are ten a penny on ios now though. For example I bought ppg infinite a few nights ago, impressive app from the short session I had.. For me it'll be the actual daw features and workflow that make or break this one as a purchase. Wish him luck either way tho, no small feat to put something like this together.

• @dendy said:
    @Love3quency

And think about fact that everything including all drums are synthetized inside NS, using build in synth !!
    (except of last track "serpentine" where drums are samples)

There is not much such sonically capable synths on iOS, with such wide sound spectrum ..

Yes, obsidian already has all time classic status even though it’s not out yet

• @Iostress said:

@Love3quency said:

@dendy said:

@Iostress said:

Proper dnb

Good sound design apps are ten a penny on ios now though. For example I bought ppg infinite a few nights ago, impressive app from the short session I had.. For me it'll be the actual daw features and workflow that make or break this one as a purchase. Wish him luck either way tho, no small feat to put something like this together.

True... so many good apps and most need to fit into others to construct

What NS2 will offer is a complete self sufficient environment but will be gracious enough to host AUV3

• edited January 2018

@Love3quency said:

@Cib said:

No. Most of it is deleted. I even don‘t have a single copy of my own album (i’m a bit sad about that) i made once (and the other 200 tracks).
    I have maybe about 10 tracks i made under this project as wav or mp3 hidden in a corner on my external SSD. But when i listen to them it‘s night and day and it would be just a step back.
    The synths and FX just doesn‘t sound good enough but i thought about to remix parts of it.
    But then i normally delete old stuff and don‘t like remix older tracks really. It was funny that i got a few of these iOS tracks in local radio and some of them were played from a DJ in a club. A teacher says to me he was using the album as example of mobile music making for students. That was a great time and my start into music. Mainly due to NanoStudio, ThumbJam and Alchemy. Later i used more BeatMaker 2 because i needed a lot audio tracks.
    Most of these tracks were for free download, so i think they might swirling around somewhere :)

• @Cib said:

@Love3quency said:

@Cib said:

No. Most of it is deleted. I even don‘t have a single copy of my own album (i’m a bit sad about that) i made once (and the other 200 tracks).
    I have maybe about 10 tracks i made under this project as wav or mp3 hidden in a corner on my external SSD. But when i listen to them it‘s night and day and it would be just a step back.
    The synths and FX just doesn‘t sound good enough but i thought about to remix parts of it.
    But then i normally delete old stuff and don‘t like remix older tracks really. It was funny that i got a few of these iOS tracks in local radio and some of them were played from a DJ in a club. A teacher says to me he was using the album as example of mobile music making for students. That was a great time and my start into music. Mainly due to NanoStudio, ThumbJam and Alchemy. Later i used more BeatMaker 2 because i needed a lot audio tracks.
    Most of these tracks were for free download, so i think they might swirling around somewhere :)

Your right! Can’t find anything online but I did find this from years ago lol

http://iosmusician.com/2012/09/ios-musician-interview-galaxy-explorer.html

• Ha :D
    That is some years old indeed.

• What NS2 will offer is a complete self sufficient environment but will be gracious enough to host AUV3..

This is what I am looking forward to a lot. Though there are some great drums and synths not AUV3 so I hope they catch up or I NS2 has inter app audio for those worth it.

• OMG, it is iOS 11 only :o :o :o

Now I need to get that second iPad much more fast than I though.
    March.

Some stuff just does not work with 64 Bit or on iOS 11 in general.
    Other stuff keeps coming out that requires iOS 11.
    Sad times.

• @Love3quency said:
    It’s mid January and blip interactive had explained why he had not released his NS2 already.

I’d like to offer the following prediction for the app, maybe you can share yours?

It will now be released as a universal app as the dev has bought himself more time and needs the revenue from both kind of devices.

Because of the delays and even the developers almost unparalleled skill at making apps that are powerful yet don’t use much cpu at all, it will hardly need bug fixed or updates ( only for iOS updates), and it will be iOS 11 only because of AUV3 etc...

Tracks made on the app will likely need minimal mastering because of the sheer quality of the compression and eq within it.

It will be the biggest app of 2018 and take iOS music to a far different height and get massive media attention

I think you're overexaggerate the whole thing...

Beatmaker 3, Cubasis and Auria Pro (and perhaps FL Studio Mobile) - do we need another DAW for iOS?

I'm more than pleased with wonderful Beatmaker 3 and high quality Auria Pro (with full IAP from Fabfilter)...

And, I agree with @Samu that it certainly not will be a universal app already in march...

• @tja said:
    OMG, it is iOS 11 only :o :o :o

Now I need to get that second iPad much more fast than I though.
    March.

Some stuff just does not work with 64 Bit or on iOS 11 in general.
    Other stuff keeps coming out that requires iOS 11.
    Sad times.

In the iOS world you just gotta move with the times and upgrade if u want the latest apps...

I’ve had zero issues with iOS 11

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Love3quency said:

I think you're overexaggerate the whole thing...

Beatmaker 3, Cubasis and Auria Pro (and perhaps FL Studio Mobile) - do we need another DAW for iOS?

I'm more than pleased with wonderful Beatmaker 3 and high quality Auria Pro (with full IAP from Fabfilter)...

And, I agree with @Samu that it certainly not will be a universal app already in march...

How do I exaggerate? Did you listen to the blip interactive SoundCloud demos?? That’s fully pro music right there. I’ve heard nothing that comes even close to that from the other daws you mention . If I’m wrong, send me a link...

The obsidian synth is a killer

And those that used ns1 know that the workflow of blip interactive apps is a joy

And... yes we need more daws, the market is over flooded with synths and fx apps but only a few daws

Off the top of my head as far as daw type apps, we have:

NS1
    Cubasis
    FL Mobile
    Caustic
    GarageBand
    Gadget
    BM2
    BM3
    Music Studio
    Isequence hd

Likely I missed something