Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro 2 Sampling

edited January 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

Hey iPad producers, I just published a video showcasing the sampling capabilities of iMPC Pro 2 using an external sound source (turntables)!

I hope you find it helpful!

Comments

• @djpuzzle
    Thanks Jason, tons o fun!
    Keep em coming

• I could watch these forever. That was great. Would you try something melodic in the future. A sax solo? String section?

• @djpuzzle All good but check your mixer meters - do a mono sample and you wil find that the impc pro2 pan balance is way off to the right - I have to re balance the left pan to aroun L 34 for the sample to sound centered.
    Happens with mono sampling via Audiohare too (Inter App samping feature)
    I have emailed Retronyms who are looking into it - Also do you hear the built in send effects are panned hard Left - same as impc pro1
    Prob best to test with headphones

• @stormbeats said:
    @djpuzzle All good but check your mixer meters - do a mono sample and you wil find that the impc pro2 pan balance is way off to the right - I have to re balance the left pan to aroun L 34 for the sample to sound centered.
    I have emailed Retronyms who are looking into it - Also do you hear the built in send effects are panned hard Left - same as impc pro1

@djpuzzle I can see on your mixer LED the sample is louder on the right -

• edited January 2018

Anyone know what is the internal sampling rate of the impc Pro 2? Can’t find anything to change or select 44.1 or 48khz? Or higher.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I could watch these forever. That was great. Would you try something melodic in the future. A sax solo? String section?

Thank you for watching!. Yes melodic coming up soon. Cheers

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @djpuzzle
    Thanks Jason, tons o fun!
    Keep em coming

Awesome thank you so much glad you enjoyed it!

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @djpuzzle All good but check your mixer meters - do a mono sample and you wil find that the impc pro2 pan balance is way off to the right - I have to re balance the left pan to aroun L 34 for the sample to sound centered.

@djpuzzle I can see on your mixer LED the sample is louder on the right -

Yes it's hard to catch every nuance when producing such videos. Perhaps the balance on that mixer channel got nudged by mistake when fumbling about. I try my best to get every detail but after several takes (hours and hours) with a crying baby in the back ground one just says you know what it's gettin late (1 am) it's good enough. Viewers can spend the extra couple of seconds to tweak things if they want after all I just spent all day making a video lol but yeah I hear ya and thanks for the heads up. I'll redo the kit so it's fix in the download at least. The video is done there's no turning back. Gotta move forward and try and try again.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Anyone know what is the internal sampling rate of the impc Pro 2? Can’t find anything to change or select 44.1 or 48khz? Or higher.

It is 16 bit 44.1kHz

• edited January 2018

@stormbeats said:

I have gone in and balanced the stereo channels so the download zip now contains the corrected file. Thanks for catching that. Jason

• Regarding Sampling...

iMPC Pro 2 just got updated and it now includes basic Files.app support under iOS11!
    (So now it's a bit easier to import & export stuff to / from iMPC Pro using the Files.app)

And well, multi-channel devices now work for recording Audio-Tracks,
    for sampling input selection and monitoring is still missing... 2 down 1 to go :)

• @Samu said:
    Regarding Sampling...

iMPC Pro 2 just got updated and it now includes basic Files.app support under iOS11!
    (So now it's a bit easier to import & export stuff to / from iMPC Pro using the Files.app)

for sampling input selection and monitoring is still missing... 2 down 1 to go :)

Does that mean AudioCopy will get files.app compatibility also? That would be a huge plus.

• @stormywaterz said:

Does that mean AudioCopy will get files.app compatibility also? That would be a huge plus.

I hope so...
    My current 'work around' was to 'Audio Copy' all the soundpacks to iMPC Pro 2 and from there I can access all the sounds from any app that support DocumentPicker (they end up in the 'Pasted Audio Bank' folder).

Also It's quite neat to just save/export samples to the iMPC Pro 2 root folder and they pop up in the iTunes File Transfer folder inside iMPC Pro 2. Also when doing 'Audio Copy' for patterns & songs end up in the same folder.
    No need to paste them to AudioCopy. It's a quicker way to re-sample patterns.

So yeah, as mentioned 2 of 3 requests are now implemented.
    Still missing is the input selection and monitoring for sampling :)

• @Samu said:

@stormywaterz said:

I hope so...
    My current 'work around' was to 'Audio Copy' all the soundpacks to iMPC Pro 2 and from there I can access all the sounds from any app that support DocumentPicker (they end up in the 'Pasted Audio Bank' folder).

Also It's quite neat to just save/export samples to the iMPC Pro 2 root folder and they pop up in the iTunes File Transfer folder inside iMPC Pro 2. Also when doing 'Audio Copy' for patterns & songs end up in the same folder.
    No need to paste them to AudioCopy. It's a quicker way to re-sample patterns.

Guess I’m gonna have to redownload and use that work around. Thanks for that!

• @stormywaterz said:

Guess I’m gonna have to redownload and use that work around. Thanks for that!

I requested FIles.app support for AudioCopy.app as well in the same e-mail I sent regarding Files.app support for iMPC Pro 2 so I would not be at all surprised if an AudioCopy.app update drops soon...

Even though the samples can be used with other apps it's tedious work to re-create the iMPC Pro 2 programs (ie. create kits with the samples). So I take the lazy route and use iMPC Pro 2 as a 'loop maker' for other apps.

When I do an 'Audio Copy Pattern' it creates a *.wav file in the iMPC Pro 2 root folder that can be picked up from other apps. If multiple loops need to be created from one iMPC Pro 2 session one can always rename the exported file in Files.app between exports to avoid over-writing the previous 'export'.

As far as I know iMPC Pro 2 can not currently browse *.zip files so if one exports stems from for example Blocs Wave the files need to be extracted using other apps (Documents by Readdle as an example) and then copied to an iMPC Pro 2 folder but it works :)

• Sort of off-topic, but does anyone know how to navigate around a longer sequence without it alwys starting from the bar 1 after you stop to edit. It makes life hard in a 32 bar sequence - there must be a gesture that I’m missing, I think.

• @Samu said:
    Regarding Sampling...

Not going to lie... I’m a little more interested in getting this now.