iMPC Pro 2 Sampling

Hey iPad producers, I just published a video showcasing the sampling capabilities of iMPC Pro 2 using an external sound source (turntables)!

I hope you find it helpful!

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • @djpuzzle
    Thanks Jason, tons o fun!
    Keep em coming

• I could watch these forever. That was great. Would you try something melodic in the future. A sax solo? String section?

• @djpuzzle All good but check your mixer meters - do a mono sample and you wil find that the impc pro2 pan balance is way off to the right - I have to re balance the left pan to aroun L 34 for the sample to sound centered.
    Happens with mono sampling via Audiohare too (Inter App samping feature)
    I have emailed Retronyms who are looking into it - Also do you hear the built in send effects are panned hard Left - same as impc pro1
    Prob best to test with headphones

• @stormbeats said:
    @djpuzzle All good but check your mixer meters - do a mono sample and you wil find that the impc pro2 pan balance is way off to the right - I have to re balance the left pan to aroun L 34 for the sample to sound centered.
    I have emailed Retronyms who are looking into it - Also do you hear the built in send effects are panned hard Left - same as impc pro1

@djpuzzle I can see on your mixer LED the sample is louder on the right -

• edited January 15 Vote Up0

Anyone know what is the internal sampling rate of the impc Pro 2? Can’t find anything to change or select 44.1 or 48khz? Or higher.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I could watch these forever. That was great. Would you try something melodic in the future. A sax solo? String section?

Thank you for watching!. Yes melodic coming up soon. Cheers

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @djpuzzle
    Thanks Jason, tons o fun!
    Keep em coming

Awesome thank you so much glad you enjoyed it!

• @stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:
    @djpuzzle All good but check your mixer meters - do a mono sample and you wil find that the impc pro2 pan balance is way off to the right - I have to re balance the left pan to aroun L 34 for the sample to sound centered.

@djpuzzle I can see on your mixer LED the sample is louder on the right -

Yes it's hard to catch every nuance when producing such videos. Perhaps the balance on that mixer channel got nudged by mistake when fumbling about. I try my best to get every detail but after several takes (hours and hours) with a crying baby in the back ground one just says you know what it's gettin late (1 am) it's good enough. Viewers can spend the extra couple of seconds to tweak things if they want after all I just spent all day making a video lol but yeah I hear ya and thanks for the heads up. I'll redo the kit so it's fix in the download at least. The video is done there's no turning back. Gotta move forward and try and try again.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Anyone know what is the internal sampling rate of the impc Pro 2? Can’t find anything to change or select 44.1 or 48khz? Or higher.

It is 16 bit 44.1kHz

• edited January 18 Vote Up0

@stormbeats said:

I have gone in and balanced the stereo channels so the download zip now contains the corrected file. Thanks for catching that. Jason