Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 indexing slowness fix coming.

From Matthew over at the BM3 forum.

“I just issued 3.0.10 which will not force a database rescan after installing the new bundled session and banks.

Indexing is slow because it opens every session, bank preset and sample to extract tagging metadata and ensure the file is valid. So the more files you have, the more it will take time to update.

It all come down to making the extraction part fast”

Comments

• I feared the worst but updating was fine even though I have purchased several soundpacks and have 5GB in the app. Some guys must have stuffed much more in there.

• Ya..... I had over 50 gig in there last week and did a fresh install prior to this update. So mine went very fast. Now hopefully with this new update it will be ok.

• I think what slowed me down was the 5 gigs of single cycle wave forms...at 2kb per that’s a lot of tiny files, not to mention the 10 gig of purchases, and various hits and clips. I stripped everything out, deleted the app, reinstalled and reloaded. I don’t need the app to do the clerical, so I’ve avoided the data rescan option til this update