Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LO-FLY DIRT - AUv3 Gets A New VINYL NOISE Setting - Tutorial

I do like a good dose of vinyl noise, but with a little more effort you can make this sound really cool.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lo-fly-dirt/id1292776927?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• edited January 2018

Nice find, Doug. Trying out the combo on a deliberately creepy new track, called EVP, where we already had a wav file mastered in AP. Bringing this into Cubasis, then adding Lo-Fly and Waves is delivering a very spooky result!

Strangely, having a problem with what gets uploaded. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or the upload is adding the time it takes to the file? I have Cubasis set to mixdown between markers and include trails, which should give me a song about 5 mintutes long. Not the 10 minute plus I’m seeing, half of which is the Lo-Fly Effect.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Nice find, Doug. Trying out the combo on a deliberately creepy new track, called EVP, where we already had a wav file mastered in AP. Bringing this into Cubasis, then adding Lo-Fly and Waves is delivering a very spooky result!

Strangely, having a problem with what gets uploaded. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or the upload is adding the time it takes to the file? I have Cubasis set to mixdown between markers and include trails, which should give me a song about 5 mintutes long. Not the 10 minute plus I’m seeing, half of which is the Lo-Fly Effect.

This is strange thing you sometimes get get when you set Cubasis to Include The Effects Trails, that why I never do that, only render between markers, just set the right hand marker to cover the Audible trail

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    This is strange thing you sometimes get get when you set Cubasis to Include The Effects Trails, that why I never do that, only render between markers, just set the right hand marker to cover the Audible trail

>

Okay, will give that a try.

We thought the track was done, but what we can add with this app, and ideas that have occurred because of that mean the polishing goes on!

• @thesoundtestroom Very clever use of the wave plugin. The best way would be if the developer made a slider/knob for the amount of noise. Thanks for sharing

• @thesoundtestroom Very clever use of the wave plugin. The best way would be if the developer made a slider/knob for the amount of noise. Thanks for sharing

• Errr, enjoying this app, but a little confused as to whether it is broken? I cannot find any presets (have deleted and redownloaded) and on some settings the effect continues regardless of whether the track it is assigned to has finished. This is as an AU.