Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Link audio spill

Hello all,
quick question.

When I use Link on my iPad and I have all my instruments stopped, I can hear the pulse generated by Link coming through my headphones. If I close the Link enabled app the sound goes away.

Anyone else experiencing this or is it something that might be causing interference in my system? Not sure how to hunt down a solution...

Any suggestions on a possible fix?
Thanks.

Comments

• Link doesn't work with audible pulses, so I'd be very surprised if what you're hearing is an audio spill. More likely something else is pulsing to the beat of link. Might be a tempo-synced filter running on an app somewhere or something rhythmically processing noise coming from the mic input? Which app does this?

• @brambos said:
    Link doesn't work with audible pulses, so I'd be very surprised if what you're hearing is an audio spill. More likely something else is pulsing to the beat of link.

Thanks for the info. It was happening with Patterning the other day. I was using Link to sync with my computer running Live and when I turned quit Live I could hear a faint pulse in the mixer. When I turned off Link in patterning it stopped, so I thought it was that, but it isn't always replicable, so was wanting to ask if others have had this problem.

Ghosts in the machine maybe?

• Zenyatta Mondatta, more likely.

• But if we are talking Link here, wouldn’t it be more likely be Synchronicity?