Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reamp

First off yea I have also found that Auria pro is the ultimate mixing too so I'm leaving it as that....cubasis is a great midi recording midi monster, I did attempt beatmaker but I found the interface/workflow so different it's just so hard to dig deep just because. It's so very different I guess.....that is why I love cubase with typically a single screen.....now on to my question, I think it's called revamping but can I record a track with one instrument and then duplicate that track and replace that. Instrument within that track so I can use the sound from that replaced. Instrument? I would love to be able to do this if I can avoid re-recording difficult parts.....is this possible???

Comments

• Are you talking about “re-amping”? Like a guitar? You just record the dry signal... monitor it with a plugin so you can hear a basic tonality of it. Then you can change the plugin or effects chain to what ever you want.

• Do you mean recording a guitar track as audio and then copying it and making the copy a flute or something? If so, no. If you’re talking about recording MIDI, then sure. If you’re actually talking about reamping, see what @Chaztrip wrote.

Take a second and edit your question maybe? It’s really hard to read.

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

Or are you talking about simply replacing the instrument played back with midi that you recorded? If so, that’s a piece of cake. Just either replace the instrument in the midi track and play back again, or copy the midi to another track and set up a new instrument for it. The process for the second varies a bit from DAW to DAW.

[edit] posted in parallel with @syrupcore. Basically the same he wrote. ;)

• @Chaztrip said:
    Are you talking about “re-amping”? Like a guitar? You just record the dry signal... monitor it with a plugin so you can hear a basic tonality of it. Then you can change the plugin or effects chain to what ever you want.

but bear in mind that this does not work too well with JamUp and Cubasis. over here this workflow goes belly up 8 out of 10 times.

• @jdolecek70 said:
    ...cubasis is a great midi recording midi monster...

i beg to differ!
    velocity changes are not immediately taken into account
    undo stops playback
    no humanize
    no softquantize
    no scales support