Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App for transposing audio

Hello!
Any suggestions for an app that can transpose audio clips. Blocs wave does it well (you can change scale) but are there any other apps that does it with high quality?
Thanks

Comments

• Most DAWs can do it, and there's also AudioStretch. There's also a free Lite version you can try.

http://audiob.us/get/891/AudioStretch

• @telecharge thank you, I’ll check it out

• Beatmaker 3 has quality real time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, which means that you can change the pitch without effecting the sample length or keep the pitch and stretch time and do it in real time, pitching the sample from keyboard and sequencing the midi. Often sample pitching is just speeding up or slowing down the sample.

• Any video tutorials on this bro?

@ToMess said:
    Beatmaker 3 has quality real time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, which means that you can change the pitch without effecting the sample length or keep the pitch and stretch time and do it in real time, pitching the sample from keyboard and sequencing the midi. Often sample pitching is just speeding up or slowing down the sample.

• @ToMess I have bm3, just didn’t know it could do this. Thanks!

• edited January 2018

If you're referring to adjusting the pitch and maintaining the tempo Cubasis does it as well, possibly better quality and certainly easier to use than BM3. You have to remember that while it's possible to greatly modify a tempo of an audio track there are limits to how much you can change the pitch without a noticeable degradation in sound quality. Between -3 +4 in my experience is as far as you can push it.

• BM3, Cubasis, and Auria all use zplane’s élastique pitchshifting algorithms, so pick your poison. :smile:

• edited January 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Any video tutorials on this bro?

@ToMess said:
    Beatmaker 3 has quality real time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, which means that you can change the pitch without effecting the sample length or keep the pitch and stretch time and do it in real time, pitching the sample from keyboard and sequencing the midi. Often sample pitching is just speeding up or slowing down the sample.

Tap live stretch on in sampler view and play keys to pitch it up/down. I like to trigger longer loops by putting a note in where i want to trigger the loop. Instead of putting middle C, put other notes to trigger it lower or higher. If you just want to trigger it from one pitch(pitched up/down) you could also just tune the sample in sampler view and trigger middle C.

• @LucidMusicInc yes I guess pitch shifting is what I meant. I always add vocals to my songs and so I usually have to transpose so the song fits my voice and it’s typically +- 3 semitones. Thanks.

• Because AudioShare still cannot do that, I recently compared various apps that do time stretching and pitch shifting, and it came as a little surprise that "Amazing Slow Downer" seemed to be the most flexible, or in other words, delivered the best quality overall. You have to try different quality settings for different audio material, but the choice of algorithms is its strength.

• @rs2000 thanks, I’ll try the lite version

• Caustic also has this feature, albeit you're restricted to audio clips of about 30 seconds.

• edited January 2018

Blocs Wave you already use is perhaps the easiest way to do things, this is what I use for that kind of stuff, quality is nice enough IMO.

• then there is Looptunes (shameless self promotion). Not sure how it compares with the others in time stretching quality.

• @sonicreef what a sweet little app. I played with it for 30 minutes and it was great fun. I have a feature request, it would be nice if you could trigger start and stop a row in a session. Rows can be cued so a row can start when another row stops. And offcourse make that possible to trigger from a midi controller. Thanks

• edited January 2018

@sonicreef said:
    then there is Looptunes (shameless self promotion). Not sure how it compares with the others in time stretching quality.

Hey, looks interesting. Lovely UI with nice large buttons ;)
    Some questions about the HD/DJ versions:

• What exactly does the DJ version add? Being able to play iTunes songs? More?
    • Will it also sync to external stable MIDI clock from hardware boxes and DJ equipment like e.g. LP-5 does?
    • I've seen the pitch control in the video, but how are tempo changes handled? By Time-stretching the audio?
    • Can the stretching algorithm be chosen to best match the audio material (percussive/pads/beat-aware etc)?
  • @sonicreef Files dragndrop will set a milestone IMHO. Are you considering implement it?
    Also keyboard pitching in your app was the first idea which come to my mind :wink:

Back on OT ReSlice has a great Pitchshifting/timestretching algorythm.
    Also other dj apps like djay or djdj (with AudioBus IAA support) could be used as key shifters...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    @sonicreef Files dragndrop will set a milestone IMHO. Are you considering implement it?
    Also keyboard pitching in your app was the first idea which come to my mind :wink:

Also other dj apps like djay or djdj (with AudioBus IAA support) could be used as key shifters...

Have you watched the vid on his website including keyboard pitching?

• edited January 2018

@rs2000 said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    @sonicreef Files dragndrop will set a milestone IMHO. Are you considering implement it?

Have you watched the vid on his website including keyboard pitching?

Probably but since I have the app I tested by myself time ago... why?

• @Dubbylabby I have not purchased reslice because I have samplr, maybe a I’m wrong but they seem similar

• @fattigman said:
    @Dubbylabby I have not purchased reslice because I have samplr, maybe a I’m wrong but they seem similar

>

Yes, similar in that they address the same area. But if you think of it like having more than one FX app of the same type, let’s say reverb, there will be times when one works better for what you are doing then the other.

• @fattigman said:
    @Dubbylabby I have not purchased reslice because I have samplr, maybe a I’m wrong but they seem similar

I have both and the killer feature for me is midi controller support. I prefer to smash pads than glass.

• @Zen210507 well that make sense I have lots of reverbs so it wouldn’t hurt with another sampler.

@Dubbylabby Me too, smashing pads way more fun :smiley:

• @fattigman said:
    @Zen210507 well that make sense I have lots of reverbs so it wouldn’t hurt with another sampler.

@Dubbylabby Me too, smashing pads way more fun :smiley:

Samplr never supported external control so was deleted from my iDevices long time ago. ReSlice isn’t the most powerfull sampler maybe but it has the best features and one of the faster workflows on the platform. The drawback is loading file bug as AU but if you prepare the samples before fit it inside AU host, solved.

• Looperverse, Hook, iMPC Pro 2

• @djpuzzle said:
    Looperverse, Hook, iMPC Pro 2

Have you been Retronym'd, Jason?

• Twisted Wave

• @telecharge said:

@djpuzzle said:
    Looperverse, Hook, iMPC Pro 2

Have you been Retronym'd, Jason?

http://blog.retronyms.com/2017/04/artist-spotlight-dj-puzzle.html

hehe

• @djpuzzle said: