Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 update won’t open... 1/13/18 (solved - indexing files?)

You may want to hold off.

Comments

• edited January 2018

That’s what they’re saying on intua forum, I’ve got lots of files to index I guess...still on splash screen, still indexing

• @Littlewoodg said:
    That’s what they’re saying on intua forum, I’ve got lots of files to index I guess...still on splash screen, still indexing

I have very few files (because I'm rubbish I am) and the thing opened fairly quick. Can't really comment on the update but it is open...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I have very few files (because I'm rubbish I am) and the thing opened fairly quick. Can't really comment on the update but it is open...

Glad to hear it. I’ve got about 15gb, so it’s going to be a minute or 3

• I have a lot of files in there too and it has been indexing fifteen minutes so far. Beta has significantly less and is opening instantly.

• Be sure to turn off that auto-lock kids as it interrupts things. Not sure if having to restart it actually restarts the process or continues where it left off.

• Sorry to annoy you pros who are still wrestling with your vast libraries, but -feeling a little n00bish and left out- I'm thinking of treating myself to a Saturday Morning Pack. I get that the whole idea of BM3 is that you can do anything from anywhere, but anyone got a fave pack to suggest? Something random, don't care about the genre, just feel like having a fiddle....what's a favorite so far?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry to annoy you pros who are still wrestling with your vast libraries, but -feeling a little n00bish and left out- I'm thinking of treating myself to a Saturday Morning Pack. I get that the whole idea of BM3 is that you can do anything from anywhere, but anyone got a fave pack to suggest? Something random, don't care about the genre, just feel like having a fiddle....what's a favorite so far?

909 and drum science 808 are top notch. Also like the analog bundle and some of the later ones - constituents or something is a good mix. Happy spending :)

• @Trueyorky said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry to annoy you pros who are still wrestling with your vast libraries, but -feeling a little n00bish and left out- I'm thinking of treating myself to a Saturday Morning Pack. I get that the whole idea of BM3 is that you can do anything from anywhere, but anyone got a fave pack to suggest? Something random, don't care about the genre, just feel like having a fiddle....what's a favorite so far?

909 and drum science 808 are top notch. Also like the analog bundle and some of the later ones - constituents or something is a good mix. Happy spending :)

My pocket money never lasts long....thanks for your thoughts.

• edited January 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Trueyorky said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

The 808 and 909 are great. I like the Constituents, Thud Rumble, Starkey Grit and Gloss...the bundles (Pure Digital, Pure Analog) are excellent deals, and give you big synth sounds with very low cpu hit. That’s the argument in general for the packs, including the many keyboard packs, workable sounds with low cpu appetites

Ask for a recommendation for a single pack I’ll suggest 5...you see how I am and why I’m waiting for 15GB worth of goodies to be indexed
    And of course I’m no pro...

• @JohnnyGoodyear quick test using the constituents pack...

• @Trueyorky said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear quick test using the constituents pack...

Nice, thanks. Have started this one going as you and @Littlewoodg both checked it. Will also slide in the 808/909s...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Trueyorky said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

The 808 and 909 are great. I like the Constituents, Thud Rumble, Starkey Grit and Gloss...the bundles (Pure Digital, Pure Analog) are excellent deals, and give you big synth sounds with very low cpu hit. That’s the argument in general for the packs, including the many keyboard packs, workable sounds with low cpu appetites

Ask for a recommendation for a single pack I’ll suggest 5...you see how I am and why I’m waiting for 15GB worth of goodies to be indexed
    And of course I’m no pro...

Sounds like my collection too -all good.

• Immm so glad I decided last week to wipe BM3 and start fresh. I had the idea of putting 50 gig of samples in there. Jesus...... @AudioGus are you still waiting?

• @Chaztrip said:
    Immm so glad I decided last week to wipe BM3 and start fresh. I had the idea of putting 50 gig of samples in there. Jesus...... @AudioGus are you still waiting?

I got about 50gb in mine :/ Not expecting it to finish indexing til late tonight or tomorrow morning. Been couple hours already...

Anyone got large samples folder and got past the boot yet? If so what size and how long?

Seems like something that could have been down to user to decide if and when they wanna go through the indexing process. Last update didn’t do this iirc? Guess it’s necessary for some reason now though.

The update at least looks well worth the wait :)

• edited January 2018

@Chaztrip said:
    Immm so glad I decided last week to wipe BM3 and start fresh. I had the idea of putting 50 gig of samples in there. Jesus...... @AudioGus are you still waiting?

48 gigs on a 2017 ipad

• Good Lord..... no progress bar or status that shows you where you at?

• @AudioGus said:

@Chaztrip said:

48 gigs on a 2017 ipad

Think we’re in for a long wait dude ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • About 145 gigs. Guess I’ll turn off lock screen and plug it in...

• So, what does it "index"? Does it do speech recognition on each sample so that you can later filter by swear words, or does it pre-time-stretch all loops for each BPM between 1 and 1000? ;) (sorry for the sarcasm but it's really quite a long wait even for "advanced" indexing :D)

• Not really, if the database got an overhaul and it is searching each file for tags and favourites, 48gb is a hell of a big sample folder, especially when drum hits are in the 100s of kB, that is a lot of samples.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Trueyorky said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Look in the forum resources samplebanks too, some free stuff there as well :)

• @Chaztrip said:
    Good Lord..... no progress bar or status that shows you where you at?

Yes it is quite bad, it shows a rotator so that you know something is happening, but no actual progress bar.

• edited January 2018

@Samplemunch said:
    Not really, if the database got an overhaul and it is searching each file for tags and favourites, 48gb is a hell of a big sample folder, especially when drum hits are in the 100s of kB, that is a lot of samples.

I don't think file size matters, as this is all about metadata... i.e. the most that has to be done is open each file, read a few bytes from it, and close it again. Even if you have 100,000 samples in your library, and assuming reading and storing the metadata is really slow (100 ms per sample), that gives a total of 10,000,000 ms or 10,000 s, or 166 minutes, or 2.7 hours ;)

• edited January 2018

Became an occasion for spring cleaning - stripped the user banks, purchases and key sample sets (9GB+) and saved to desktop, then deleted the app and reinstalled. When I put everything back in no indexing and all was back as it was (except the approx 5GB of stuff I left out)

I’m sure the biggest time suck was the 3GB+ of single cycle waveforms...(that’s a lot of indexing, considering each waveform is probably 8kb or less)

Indexing is still a user option: “Rescan Database” (that I avoided in the past, for this very reason) kind of a drag to require it upon updating. I guess if you’re relying on metadata it’s a good thing...