Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is drums XD working with AB?

Works fine on its own,but when in the input slot of AB,can't hear audio playback.
Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• ..strange...soon as you eject it,the thing starts working.

• Works well for me on an iPad4, iOS7.

• Thanks @funjunkie27.
    Will delete it and reinstall and see if that fixes things.

• No problem. I hope that fixes it for you @commonstookie.

• edited October 2013

The only way I can get it to work is with an app in the effects slot.

• That's really strange! I had no problems with it. Have you tried contacting the developer? I really like the app--it serves as a very flexible drum bank for Cubasis on my system.

• Audiojunkie,can you configure DrumsXD to be triggered from the Cubasis pads or the midi editor? If so could you please tell me how.I really like both apps but I'm not proficient with midi mapping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

• edited November 2013

Hi guys,

There is a bug in some cases that prevents audio from playing in Drums XD and channels it solely through Audiobus. This has been fixed and the updated version is being submitted. To work around this you can enable the Monitor in Apps that support it to hear audio from Drums XD. Sorry for this issue and if you have any more questions or suggestions please contact me at [email protected]

Take Care!

• @Jomazz I usually play from the Drums XD side (recording live), and then editing from within Cubasis, but I see no reason for it not working. The Cubasis side is midi assignable and so is the Drums XD side. There shouldn't be any reason at all for this not to work. :-) It's a very flexible app! :-)

@DrumsXD I want to let you know that I REALLY like this app! It has replaced almost every other drum app I use. However, I would really love a better way to import samples than replacing existing samples. I understand that I can revert back to the original samples, but I'd rather have the ability to do something like importing 100 megs of drum hits and then being able to quickly and easily audition and choose them, rather than having to replace each drum one by one with a different sample. This also takes away my ability to use your original samples unless I want to revert back. Can you do something to improve the drum importing?

• Thanks Audiojunkie,I will delv deeper into these apps!

• @jomazz Thanks, I really appreciate it! I think that's a great idea and I have a few ideas of how to implement it. I'm not sure if any changes like that will make it into the next version but you can contact me and we can discuss it.

• @Audiojunkie Yes, I meant you. Must be all those sleepless nights catching up with me :)

• Cool! That is about the only thing lacking for me. This tool completes my drum search once I am able to load the hundreds of hits that I have and I can easily audition the sounds and make kits. I am really looking forward to seeing this! :-)

• Just a quick note to let you know that the Drums XD 1.4.4 update is available. According to the reports I'm getting the Audiobus issues have been fixed. Please let me know if you find any other issues, thanks!

• Great work! Thank you!!! How are things coming along with the sample import improvements? Thanks again!

• @Audiojunkie Sample import changes are being worked on but I am unable to give you a firm date as to when the changes will appear in a version. You can currently accomplish what you need to now but it's not as easy as it could be. You can contact me at [email protected] and I can keep you better informed of the progress. Keep the suggestions coming!