Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do you want Noiiz on IOS/with audiobus?

Comments

• edited January 2018

How is this better than

https://splice.com/features/sounds

Which seems to provide essentially the same service for $8 per month on what appears to be a monthly contract?

There’s already the Roli Noise app and Studio Ampifys Noiz app in the AppStore by the way

• @PhilW said:
    Not a fan of subscription models. Would you still have access to the samples you have downloaded after you end the subscription?

Yup

• Oh, in addition to what I said @NoiizyDave , please make sure the app is universal. I have an unlimited data plan after all. ;)

Also, direct export to Audioshare is a must. Please get in touch with Kymatica for the coding you need. http://kymatica.com/Software/Software Cheers again.

• edited January 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Pretty sure this is the single most "subscription friendly" thread I've ever seen on this forum. Usually, folks completely balk at the very notion. Often with vigor!

The thing is, when it comes to Noiiz, it isn’t just an app like a certain EQ AU that prevents multiple instances from working nor like Clip Studio Paint that prevents you from saving your own art, unless you subscribe of course. This is what I refer to as the “greedy subscription” pricing. They offer no cloud services nor do they offer new content with each passing month. It’s like subscribing to a magazine that only publishes the same five articles every month.

(One could argue that customer service is faster and more willing to help when “greedy” subscription pricing is involved, but this is only true of Ulysses. Clip Studio Paint wasn’t updated in over two months despite some remaining bugs and lags, despite customers on iPad Pro 10.5”s asking for a larger GUI that doesn’t cause eyestrain, requests for Files and Drag-and-Drop integration, etc.)

I see the potential iOS Noiiz app more as a service like Spotify, Netflix, Roland Cloud, etc. It offers an ever expanding content library you could never afford all at once with one-off pricing, and not only that, but you can upload your own samples now. When producing on an iPhone, you don’t need to keep your Noiiz sample library locally stored. Just pluck a few from Noiiz to pop into Gadget/Multitrack DAW/Music Studio/etc and off you go. And you can even keep the samples you download.

As mentioned earlier, my only criticism of Noiiz is the need for more flexible pricing (such as $14.99/month for a 12-month commitment to access unlimited). $199 at once for a year of unlimited is steep. I know one could argue “well, you could afford an iPad, so you can afford this too”, but see, we can afford iPads by the grace of monthly payments locked down to a 12-month/18-month commitment. ;) Same difference really.

• No more subscriptions for me, sorry.
    Apple Music, iCloud, Spotify, Netflix, Easynews, Get, Dark Web... eh it’s too much already

• @BiancaNeve said:

There’s already the Roli Noise app and Studio Ampifys Noiz app in the AppStore by the way

I was genuinely confused and dang, I wish I had seen your comment before going back and forth to the AppStore trying to find all of the apps named something like noise.

As to the OP, not for me, but I don’t use many samples anyway.

• I'm thinking 25 samples per month for 5€ with the ability to easily activate/deactivate would be a great option. True you can get sample packs for less money but often many of the sounds are of no interest to me personally and I imagine many others may feel the same way.

• Hey Dave - I’m a huge fan and very happy subscriber of Noiiz. iOS is the missing element for me!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Oh, in addition to what I said @NoiizyDave , please make sure the app is universal. I have an unlimited data plan after all. ;)

Also, direct export to Audioshare is a must. Please get in touch with Kymatica for the coding you need. http://kymatica.com/Software/Software Cheers again.

+1. The SDK is available on github with good documentation: https://github.com/lijon/AudioShareSDK

Of course, think at this point one can also just use iOS 11 Files integration or similar.

• @syrupcore said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Oh, in addition to what I said @NoiizyDave , please make sure the app is universal. I have an unlimited data plan after all. ;)

+1. The SDK is available on github with good documentation: https://github.com/lijon/AudioShareSDK

Of course, think at this point one can also just use iOS 11 Files integration or similar.

This is also very true! :) Good call mate.

• @Kühl said:
    No more subscriptions for me, sorry.
    Apple Music, iCloud, Spotify, Netflix, Easynews, Get, Dark Web... eh it’s too much already

Word! And I can add Adobe Cc to that list too :/ I'll switch to surface Pro + Bitwig for portable production in a second if the subscription model becomes a standard thing on ios apps. People suggesting it for stuff like BM3 in the 'tipping devs' thread.. I can see the appeal for devs (IF people were to actually bite the bullet and subscribe...) but for users it's like begging for a bum deal. Crazy talk...

And the idea of paying monthly to use the same pool of samples as every other subscriber is off-putting too.. Youtube is free and way more fun to find sounds ;) Not condemning sample packs but just for me personally it never feels as fun as finding/making something less spoonfed. For that kind of library I recently bought the entire Samples From Mars catalogue in their sale for £38...Havent even opened 98% of the packs... Doubt I ever will.. Something like Noizz would be cool if it had some kind of free 'tit for tat' option. Like every time you want to use something you have to contribute something to the catalogue...for people that wouldn't be relying on it for the bulk of their samples but maybe just every now and again. Could be pretty interesting with people contributing field recordings and hardware samples etc.

• Looks like the Samples From Mars deals I mentioned are still running. In case people missed it, $99 for entire catalogue atm -

https://samplesfrommars.com

If storage is an issue then that 2tb drive someone posted is maybe a pretty solid solution? But imo investing in a bigger mem iPad probably makes most sense long term for browsing and self-containment... I'd guess that 512gb should be enough for 99% of users? Could spread the payments over 3 years instead of using that money on subscriptions ;)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    How is this better than

Which seems to provide essentially the same service for $8 per month on what appears to be a monthly contract?

The difference is that they would have an AU player!
    The ab forum should be hip to this idea... either way, I’m subscribing to splice sounds if noiiiz doesn’t come to iOS. Thanks for making me aware of this type of service because it’s a game FUCKiNG changer! :D

• @ginandjuice said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    How is this better than

The difference is that they would have an AU player!
    The ab forum should be hip to this idea... either way, I’m subscribing to splice sounds if noiiiz doesn’t come to iOS. Thanks for making me aware of this type of service because it’s a game FUCKiNG changer! :D

:D Yea Dude!

• @NoiizyDave said:
    Hey people, I hope this is OK to post here, please let me know if not as its my first post.

I run a company called Noiiz and we're exploring the IOS music making market to try and gauge how many you there are and whether you'd want a service like Noiiz on iOS and compatible with Audiobus.

In short, Noiiz gives you access to a large library of samples and other content via a membership. We'd envision a Noiiz iOS app working in a similar way to the Noiiz Plugin - allowing you to find sounds, play them back in time and in key with your project then import the ones you want. You can also upload your own sounds to Noiiz, so you could demo/import these also.

We're just exploring things at the moment and would love to hear your thoughts on whether something like this would be useful and how you might envision it helping with your workflow.

Thanks and I appreciate your time

At the same time ur dev response is kinda bogus... don’t know if ppl on the iOS platform will invest in that... fuk it , I’m subscribing to slice .. peAce foo!

• @Iostress said:
    Looks like the Samples From Mars deals I mentioned are still running. In case people missed it, $99 for entire catalogue atm -

https://samplesfrommars.com

If storage is an issue then that 2tb drive someone posted is maybe a pretty solid solution? But imo investing in a bigger mem iPad probably makes most sense long term for browsing and self-containment... I'd guess that 512gb should be enough for 99% of users? Could spread the payments over 3 years instead of using that money on subscriptions ;)

Whoop that trick! Get em!... whoop that trick!..... get em?

• edited January 2018

K?

• edited January 2018

k

• @ginandjuice said:
    Dude they censored meeeee!!!

@ginandjuice said:
    GAMECHANGER

Wtf bro?

• @ginandjuice said:

@ginandjuice said:

@ginandjuice said:

@ginandjuice said:
    GAMECHANGER

Wtf bro?

Strange Brew

• Roses are red. Violets are blue.
    I’m insane, and...

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Roses are red. Violets are blue.
    I’m insane, and...

...so am I.

Seriously @ginandjuice you feeling okay there sport?

• @Iostress said:

@Kühl said:

Word! And I can add Adobe Cc to that list too :/ I'll switch to surface Pro + Bitwig for portable production in a second if the subscription model becomes a standard thing on ios apps. People suggesting it for stuff like BM3 in the 'tipping devs' thread.. I can see the appeal for devs (IF people were to actually bite the bullet and subscribe...) but for users it's like begging for a bum deal. Crazy talk...

And the idea of paying monthly to use the same pool of samples as every other subscriber is off-putting too.. Youtube is free and way more fun to find sounds ;) Not condemning sample packs but just for me personally it never feels as fun as finding/making something less spoonfed. For that kind of library I recently bought the entire Samples From Mars catalogue in their sale for £38...Havent even opened 98% of the packs... Doubt I ever will.. Something like Noizz would be cool if it had some kind of free 'tit for tat' option. Like every time you want to use something you have to contribute something to the catalogue...for people that wouldn't be relying on it for the bulk of their samples but maybe just every now and again. Could be pretty interesting with people contributing field recordings and hardware samples etc.

The reason I’m still happily working with Pro Tools 10, instead of upgrading to 11, 12 or whatever, is AVID’s new subscription policy... ARGH! MENSCH!

• @Iostress said:

@Kühl said:

The reason I’m still gladly working with Pro Tools 10, instead of upgrading to 11, 12 or whatever, is the new policy from AVID wth subscriptions

• @Iostress said:

@Kühl said:

The reason I’m still gladly working with Pro Tools 10, instead of upgrading to 11, 12 or whatever, is the new policy from AVID wth subscriptions

• The thing is, Avid’s subscription policy IS rubbish, but it does look like they also offer the expensive one-time-fee option too. With Avid’s subscription, you have access to customer support and upgrades, but no cloud storage features like with MasterWriter, no “own it after a while” incentives like with Roland Cloud, no consistent newly added content like with Noiiz and Splice, etc. And they wonder why people would rather crack their damn software than rent it. Avid, Microsoft (Office), Autodesk, Ulysses and Celsys are all on my “greedy subscription sh-tlist”.

Again, Noiiz is different. It would be an app that can get you their ENTIRE CATALOGUE of audio samples onto your iPad, an ever-expanding catalogue. You can cancel the subscription and keep what you already have. Again, I don’t like their $199/year-at-once price, but I would be glad (and able) to pay the annual fee if it was broken up into monthly payments with a 12-month commitment. $199/12-months≈$16.58/month, which is far cheaper than $29.99/month to Splice for 1000 download credits. This would be a subscription worth getting. Cheers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Roses are red. Violets are blue.
    I’m insane, and...

...so am I.

Seriously @ginandjuice you feeling okay there sport?

I dunno bro :p

• Ty @BiancaNeve 4 th3 heads up abooot SPLICE