KQ Dixie new AU FM synth

2456714

Comments

  • @RyoutaKira said:
    Hi, everyone.
    I fixed the file-name bug.
    Wait until the new version be released.

    Hey man! Very cool this! Keep up the good work.

  • @RyoutaKira said:
    Hi, everyone.
    I fixed the file-name bug.
    Wait until the new version be released.

    I can't handle another super-responsive developer!

    Seriously though, good work, this stuff helps tip potential buyers off the fence.

  • edited January 2018

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @RyoutaKira said:
    Hi, everyone.
    I fixed the file-name bug.
    Wait until the new version be released.

    I can't handle another super-responsive developer!

    Seriously though, good work, this stuff helps tip potential buyers off the fence.

    ;)
    Apple informed that already the new version review started.

  • @RyoutaKira said:
    Hi, everyone.
    I fixed the file-name bug.
    Wait until the new version be released.

    Yay!!!

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @Carnbot said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @Carnbot said:
    pressing new and saving to icloud creates a folder in icloud for KQ Dixie....

    Good to know, insurance in case I try to open another borker link, many thanks

    Haven't worked out how to transfer banks over to the Audio unit from the main app yet. If you save in the Audio unit section it doesn't appear in the AU, maybe a bug. iCloud works though so far.... :)

    Sorry, where is the “new” button?

    If you press store in the cart section then the edit button changes to new.

  • @TheVimFuego said:

    @RyoutaKira said:
    Hi, everyone.
    I fixed the file-name bug.
    Wait until the new version be released.

    I can't handle another super-responsive developer!

    Seriously though, good work, this stuff helps tip potential buyers off the fence.

    It did for me. Was really not going to get this one, but then did :) And very pleased etc etc.

  • Demo video

  • edited January 2018

    How does one get sysex into the AU side?

    Edit: found it. I’m in love

  • @Carnbot said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @Carnbot said:

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @Carnbot said:
    pressing new and saving to icloud creates a folder in icloud for KQ Dixie....

    Good to know, insurance in case I try to open another borker link, many thanks

    Haven't worked out how to transfer banks over to the Audio unit from the main app yet. If you save in the Audio unit section it doesn't appear in the AU, maybe a bug. iCloud works though so far.... :)

    Sorry, where is the “new” button?

    If you press store in the cart section then the edit button changes to new.

    Thanks!
    Looks like that same protocol allows you to save banks to your AU as well

  • @RyoutaKira said:
    Hi, everyone.
    I fixed the file-name bug.
    Wait until the new version be released.

    Thank you!! I just bought the app!!

  • @realdavidai said:
    How does one get sysex into the AU side?

    Edit: found it. I’m in love

    Now that's very naughty. "Hey guys, what's the password to the girls dorm....oh, no worries, go back to sleep, all good here..."

    :)

  • This. Is. So. Cool.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @realdavidai said:
    How does one get sysex into the AU side?

    Edit: found it. I’m in love

    Now that's very naughty. "Hey guys, what's the password to the girls dorm....oh, no worries, go back to sleep, all good here..."

    :)

    Make sure a sysex patch is loaded. Go to cart, then hit store, then new. It’ll give you the option to save all 32 voices or 1 voice. Select AUx. Doesn’t automagically save it with the name of the bank so you’ll have to enter it manually. Shows up in AU for me.

  • @DCJ said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @realdavidai said:
    How does one get sysex into the AU side?

    Edit: found it. I’m in love

    Now that's very naughty. "Hey guys, what's the password to the girls dorm....oh, no worries, go back to sleep, all good here..."

    :)

    Make sure a sysex patch is loaded. Go to cart, then hit store, then new. It’ll give you the option to save all 32 voices or 1 voice. Select AUx. Doesn’t automagically save it with the name of the bank so you’ll have to enter it manually. Shows up in AU for me.

    Hmm. That saving the bank to AU causes it to crash for me. I have run the latest update. Will try reinstalling.

  • @RyoutaKira

    Great job !! Sound is great, there is more interesting FM synths in appstore but FINALLY one true DX7 clone.. Thanks for this !!! This thing is going immediately to my top 5 iOS AU synths !

    btw i like minimalistic UI :-)

  • edited January 2018

    This is great news considering I had to cancel my order of the Yamaha MX49 which made FM Essentials useless. Now I can delete FM Essentials and use KQ Dixie which is an excellent replacement. KQ Dixie is now the king of iOS FM synths alongside NFM and Phasemaker.

  • This is absolutely outstanding. It's (almost) a replacement for my old battered DX7, which I still miss, 14 years after selling it for a frankly derisory sum.

  • Lovely. All the parameters exposed straight off the bat. Good stuff.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @realdavidai said:
    How does one get sysex into the AU side?

    Edit: found it. I’m in love

    Now that's very naughty. "Hey guys, what's the password to the girls dorm....oh, no worries, go back to sleep, all good here..."

    :)

    Ha sorry about that. I see someone posted the recipe. Hope you got it to work!

  • For patches the Dexed site has a huge zip file availble for download :)
    http://hsjp.eu/downloads/Dexed/Dexed_cart_1.0.zip

  • @RyoutaKira said:

    Thanx Sir! Brilliant gem!

    Thanx for the posted presets, too :)

  • Still have mine! :) I use it has a controller and the feel on the keys is awesome!

    @Purpan said:
    This is absolutely outstanding. It's (almost) a replacement for my old battered DX7, which I still miss, 14 years after selling it for a frankly derisory sum.

  • @RyoutaKira So far Dixie has been a blast. It's like having DexEd on the iPad.

    Would be really handy to have 'y-axis' velocity on the on-screen keyboards when using it in stand alone mode.
    AUv3 uses the host-keybaord and most of them already have y-axis velocity so no real biggie.

    Thanks for the app :)

  • Is there anybody with DX7 and time to do some comparision test like record same patch from Dixie and real DX7 ? Would be very interesting to hear it ..

  • @RyoutaKira Awesome stuff.. and not even 3MB space required. Great work :)

  • I’m gonna have to grab this on Friday along with the Korg Volca FM that I’ve been eyeing. Now I can share presets back and forth with it. Greatness

  • @ccs2 said:

    @RyoutaKira said:

    Thanx Sir! Brilliant gem!

    Thanx for the posted presets, too :)

    Absolutely, been happily lost in preset heaven for the last couple of hours.

    @analog_matt Fear not, your AUv3 dev efforts are not in vain. I think the ease of workflow and quality of the effects in FM Player also have their place in the landscape.

  • @RyoutaKira - this is a lovely creation. I think I have found a bug in that it crashes every time I try to save a bank as an AU preset. It lets me rename and then crashes in save. I have tested with the default sysex bank and with different sysex files and have tried reinstalling. I’m on iPad Pro 10.5 and iOS 11.2.

    It would be a great timesaver if there was an option to automatically save Sysex file banks as AU presets. You could then go through and delete the ones you don’t want.

    Thank you!

  • Is it possible to move all the *.zip files so they are accessed via the AUv3?
    (I've not managed to do that yet).

  • It's strange that the icloud folder isn't showing up on my other devices yet. Not sure if iCloud is a bit flakey. Hope this gets Files support at some point. Great synth though. Really captures that DX7 sound.

Sign In or Register to comment.