Comments

  • niiiiiiiiice

  • Looks like something fallen out of Mad Max's vehicle. Is that relic rockband 3 keytar by any chance?

  • @supadom said:
    Looks like something fallen out of Mad Max's vehicle. Is that relic rockband 3 keytar by any chance?

    Ha, exact thought that entered my head! And yes, I recognize the Rockband keyboard anywhere... Too bad that one needed to be sacrificed. One of the best cheap MIDI keyboards out there.

  • That’s the spirit but in my mind wood suit seems more sexy.

    I build my own harvesting parts from rock and keytar so if you need any possible advice from me, just shoot!



    I use mainly the enclosure with other electronics and brute force hardware hacking hardwiring the edirol own pitchbend/modwheel but if you don’t need both using the rockband as is should be cleaner. ATM I’m more focused on make it standalone than save for Roli but I have dreamed with something similar since Seaboard blocks appeared.

    Little demo in use

    At fb there are few groups with keytar lovers, join us and share it. Rolis are usually welcome :wink:

  • edited January 2018

    where Is @gonekrazy3000?!

  • @Dubbylabby said:
    That’s the spirit but in my mind wood suit seems more sexy.

    My original plan was PVC from scratch, and then a wood frame.

    But I realized I had this Xbox Rock Star Keyboard that drops MIDI anyway.

    The Seaboard is a +perfect fit in terms of height and depth, with enough room for the control block.

    I plan to use Velcro to secure the devices, and I am going to mount a minim on the upper deck of the case.

  • Lol. I'm here. I wish I could house 2 seaboards that way. I'll be making a housing for mine using wood.

  • @johnfromberkeley said:

    @Dubbylabby said:
    That’s the spirit but in my mind wood suit seems more sexy.

    My original plan was PVC from scratch, and then a wood frame.

    But I realized I had this Xbox Rock Star Keyboard that drops MIDI anyway.

    The Seaboard is a +perfect fit in terms of height and depth, with enough room for the control block.

    I plan to use Velcro to secure the devices, and I am going to mount a minim on the upper deck of the case.

    And carbon fiber?
    Anyways I want a video in response of mine or it didn’t happen.

    :naughty:

  • I think for me (the lazy cutting corners basterd) the best way to use my rockband keys would be to fix an iPhone next to the mod slider, load Zeeon on the background and have it controlled by some x y control surface in the foreground. Keys hooked up to phone via sonic port. Voila!

  • I've never felt comfortable playing a keyboard vertically like a keytar, perhaps because I'm a novice keyboard player? There's something about the angle that feels weird to me.

  • edited January 2018

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    I've never felt comfortable playing a keyboard vertically like a keytar, perhaps because I'm a novice keyboard player? There's something about the angle that feels weird to me.

    You need to hang it lower! Think green day not BB King. ;)

  • edited January 2018

    @supadom said:
    I think for me (the lazy cutting corners basterd) the best way to use my rockband keys would be to fix an iPhone next to the mod slider, load Zeeon on the background and have it controlled by some x y control surface in the foreground. Keys hooked up to phone via sonic port. Voila!

    The best option for this approach could be irig keys pro. The downside is not haptic response for modulation. I purchased a vestax pad one to do the same before cannibalizing the rockband :wink:
    Also need to upgrade mine with old iPhone 4+irig midi+mobile battery and later use it wireless in junction with Appletv :sunglasses:

  • @johnfromberkeley Your name will be spoken of far and wide.....

  • Make a seatar should be so easy like add a roli block xy after the keys. Then map pitchbend if you don’t like to bend over the seabard itself... but I can understand roli avoiding any keytarism due it’s unnecessary and probably they feel it as kitsch.
    They sell cool instruments you know? :sunglasses:

    Keytarist are retarded... all of US :trollface:

  • @supadom said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:
    I've never felt comfortable playing a keyboard vertically like a keytar, perhaps because I'm a novice keyboard player? There's something about the angle that feels weird to me.

    You need to hang it lower! Think green day not BB King. ;)

    Unless it's a CZ1000 then Quasimodo style suffices :) all those batteries.

  • @johnfromberkeley how is going?
    I’m building my second iteration keytar and searching for Roli I ended here again...

  • @Dubbylabby said:

    Are you psycheofsound, or is that someone else?!

    I’ve acquired the other two remaining control blocks, as well as a Lightpad M, so I have to decide if the RockBand keytar frame is the way to go. I have an idea for a new frame similar to the pic above.

    If that is your pic above…

    1. What material are you using for the frame?
    2. Isn’t that a pretty long device, with the Rise 49 plus the two lightpads plus the control blocks?
  • Isn’t mine... I’m dubbylabby also at IG. :wink:

    I’m with you two maybe too longer but hard to make a 37key seaboard...
    Also I will build something similar in the future but first I need to end my actual project :sweat_smile:

Sign In or Register to comment.